Tamiya F104 Pro!

You're on Page 480 of 626
Go to
  • Quote: I have found the same thing. I even went to a graphite chassis on my X1 at the Tamiya nationals to take away steering.

    Oh that's right and didn't the Nats winner use a 104Pro- the double deck stiff set up?
  • Quote: I still can't get my EXO104 as dialed as my F103, I know the setup is there it's like you said the stiffer chassis responds to changes better so my lack of setup knowledge/experience makes setting up the EXO104 harder.


    I'm convinced the setup to make the EXO104 drive as well is in there just it's on more of a fine 'point' than the F103.

    Totally to do with chassis stiffness too.
    Running rubber or foam?
    Move as much weight as possible to the rear of the car , 15wt side dampener oil and use super soft side springs (raise up the side springs in fact so that it does not touch the side links). It should stabilize the car greatly.
  • Quote: I noticed while prototype testing that a flexible chassis created more steering I was told by someone in Japan that that would happen. I think it is because the front is lighter and narrower then the battery end so unsprung weight at the front naturally creates more responsiveness at that end.

    I think Tamiya uses the fiberglass to add a little steering, make the car heavier (more stable) and save on some $$$. Fiberglass is 1/4 the cost of good carbon fiber....
    I stand corrected. I was sure that my 103 got much more traction with the short top deck and FRP chassis?
    Is the difference more of an F104 thing or did I just have it wrong all along?
    Both of my F1s (103 and 104) are short top deck and FRP chassis and feel pretty good.
  • Quote: I stand corrected. I was sure that my 103 got much more traction with the short top deck and FRP chassis?
    Is the difference more of an F104 thing or did I just have it wrong all along?
    Both of my F1s (103 and 104) are short top deck and FRP chassis and feel pretty good.
    Users experience may vary- no correction needed as you are doing quite well I think what's great about F1 is that we are all still learning what does what and so makes for a level and fun playing field
  • RC MAN (Hong Kong)magazine is doing a Exotek F1R build up in the next issue. Check it out!
  • here is the f140x1 from lee martin, I guess with some f104x1w parts on it ;-)

    Tamiya F104 Pro!-f104x1-lee-martin.jpg  

  • Quote: Oh that's right and didn't the Nats winner use a 104Pro- the double deck stiff set up?
    Yes it was a double deck car
  • Quote: here is the f140x1 from lee martin, I guess with some f104x1w parts on it ;-)
    Would like to know from where he got the carbon top deck! Car looks very good!
  • I think the top deck and lower deck are from the new F104W chassis that is coming. The lower deck has been cut to include an extension under the rotating trays.
  • Merry Xmas everybody...

    Tamiya F104 Pro!-santaf1_2011.jpg  



  • here is my 104pro w/ exotek chassis
  • This is an excellent top deck for F104http://rsector.com
  • Quote: This is an excellent top deck for F104http://rsector.com
    Yes it is, and it's available here:
    http://f1paintlab.com/zencart/index....jbf7fe61v165f2
    Merry Christmas to all who celebrate
  • Quote: This is an excellent top deck for F104http://rsector.com
    +1!!
  • Quote: RC MAN (Hong Kong)magazine is doing a Exotek F1R build up in the next issue. Check it out!
    Print mag or online?

    Would love a copy of the article!

Similar Threads