Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 11-22-2011, 05:51 PM
  #6916  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,906
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FST4RD View Post
Has anyone tried fitting an F103 body to an F104?
I have an F104pro and wanting that old school look as well and thought about getting one.
I was going to change the front end to the wide arms as well if I have to as well to keep the scale look.
The F104W cars are "old school" so I'd check out bodies from those.
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 06:04 PM
  #6917  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Originally Posted by FST4RD View Post
Has anyone tried fitting an F103 body to an F104?
I have an F104pro and wanting that old school look as well and thought about getting one.
I was going to change the front end to the wide arms as well if I have to as well to keep the scale look.
It can be done however the F103 bodies are shorter than the F104 so it looks a bit strange. If you want the old school look you are probably better off with a F104W body and going with the F103 front suspension and tires from the f104W.
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 06:31 PM
  #6918  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 81
Default

Awesome thanks for that.
Where abouts can I find a F104W body? Seen plenty of F104 and F103, just not the F104W...
FST4RD is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 06:48 PM
  #6919  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FST4RD View Post
Awesome thanks for that.
Where abouts can I find a F104W body? Seen plenty of F104 and F103, just not the F104W...
http://f1paintlab.com/zencart
I have a lot o stud that I am still working on getting listed on the store, if you don't see it , ask
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:03 PM
  #6920  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
racer x 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: im 4rm a far away place called 1st
Posts: 1,849
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

dumb question what style batteries are most of you guys running? bullet connectors or hardwired deans? also any pics of how you wired both would be awesome. Thanks
racer x 1 is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 11:37 PM
  #6921  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
yourstruly22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oc
Posts: 269
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FST4RD View Post
Awesome thanks for that.
Where abouts can I find a F104W body? Seen plenty of F104 and F103, just not the F104W...
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...yword=&pg_no=1
yourstruly22 is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 12:11 AM
  #6922  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,181
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Contact BP Shadow as he has the oldskool Mclaren en Ferrarri bodies for the F104.
The you don't need to alter the bodyposts and the body is a bit longer so it will fit the F104 perectly

regards Roy

Originally Posted by FST4RD View Post
Has anyone tried fitting an F103 body to an F104?
I have an F104pro and wanting that old school look as well and thought about getting one.
I was going to change the front end to the wide arms as well if I have to as well to keep the scale look.
Pro10noob is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 01:56 AM
  #6923  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
mattwoodcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: perth / australia
Posts: 2,747
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer x 1 View Post
dumb question what style batteries are most of you guys running? bullet connectors or hardwired deans? also any pics of how you wired both would be awesome. Thanks
hello

this is what i use you and have wired it up this way with the deans plug

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_0025.jpg
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_0024.jpg
mattwoodcraft is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 02:05 AM
  #6924  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,181
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I am using bullet connecters and modified the topdeck

regards Roy
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-mod-topdeck.jpg  
Pro10noob is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 09:37 AM
  #6925  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,906
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer x 1 View Post
dumb question what style batteries are most of you guys running? bullet connectors or hardwired deans? also any pics of how you wired both would be awesome. Thanks
Yo Dude, hot ticket is the shorty pack moved forward with esc and receiver behind battery with no wings/trays for electrics.
That's for the carpet were munchin right now at TQ, ran the battery in the back at Tamiya's asphalt for more rear grip but didn't even need to try it forward. Had to move it forward on the carpet cuz the front wheels kept comin up and it was flippin, remember?
Trying to upload pic but I think you get it.
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 10:09 AM
  #6926  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,906
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Here ya go RacerXdude

Bullets would be ideal but the Deans let's me use the speedo in other rides too.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-100_6475.jpg  
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 12:15 PM
  #6927  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Bad-Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: not here
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
Yo Dude, hot ticket is the shorty pack moved forward with esc and receiver behind battery with no wings/trays for electrics.
That's for the carpet were munchin right now at TQ, ran the battery in the back at Tamiya's asphalt for more rear grip but didn't even need to try it forward. Had to move it forward on the carpet cuz the front wheels kept comin up and it was flippin, remember?
Trying to upload pic but I think you get it.
Can you post up the setup your using for rubber tire on carpet. I'm really struggling to find something that works.

Thanks, Andy
Bad-Andy is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 02:31 PM
  #6928  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,906
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Bad Andy you got PM
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 02:33 PM
  #6929  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
gtfour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 657
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
Here ya go RacerXdude

Bullets would be ideal but the Deans let's me use the speedo in other rides too.
How is your ESC temp, compare to being in the original side location, if you have checked? I don't know if it really matters, but I'm just curious.
gtfour93 is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 03:01 PM
  #6930  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,906
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gtfour93 View Post
How is your ESC temp, compare to being in the original side location, if you have checked? I don't know if it really matters, but I'm just curious.
I didn't check but I do run max advance and max gearing on my 21.5 and the motor temps around 130s, esc never got hot enough to worry me. I'll have to take a look next time out.
F N CUDA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.