Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 12-27-2010, 09:08 AM
  #4156  
Tech Master
iTrader: (63)
 
ghoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati OHIO
Posts: 1,817
Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)
Default li-po problem

Hey Guys, F104 Black is almost ready, but I have a problem with making my battery fit.

I just purchased an Orion 4000 maH but I believe its too long for p/n D3 (page 13 in the manual) to work properly, any suggestions on how I can keep the battery secure in case any of you have encountered the same situation..

any help will be appreciated!!!

the battery:
http://www.teamorion.com/orion/produ...4103noPlug.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-battery-shot.jpg  
ghoppa is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 09:26 AM
  #4157  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
rc_square24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 911
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

The fitment of the plastic clip/holder depends on the battery even if its stick pack shaped.

For mine I had to file and heat it to bend the tabs back a bit to fit my battery.
rc_square24 is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 12:13 PM
  #4158  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
2-Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ghoppa View Post
any suggestions on how I can keep the battery secure in case any of you have encountered the same situation..

any help will be appreciated!!!

the battery:
http://www.teamorion.com/orion/produ...4103noPlug.jpg
I've got an Intellect 4200mah Stick in mine. had to dremel ridges off on the battery hold-down clip, but thats about it....

Post # 4040


2-Bad is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 04:46 PM
  #4159  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
If I can run a spool on carpet I would. Some of the guys I race with ask me why is my diff is so tight
I think the cats out of the bag now

I too run a 103 my 104 sits on the shelf.
Yea,T.
It was an "aha" moment last weekend for sure.
j.d.roost is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 06:01 PM
  #4160  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,042
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I put some carpet setup stuff here:
http://rcf1blog.blogspot.com/

Compare and contrast i'm probably all wrong about this
robk is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 06:22 PM
  #4161  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by robk View Post
I put some carpet setup stuff here:
http://rcf1blog.blogspot.com/

Compare and contrast i'm probably all wrong about this
Hey Rob, is the Illinois TCS race gonna be foam or rubber?
Is it a 1 or 2 day event?
It might help if someone from the host track got on one of these threads and laid down the 411
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 06:38 PM
  #4162  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,042
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Hey Rob, is the Illinois TCS race gonna be foam or rubber?
Is it a 1 or 2 day event?
It might help if someone from the host track got on one of these threads and laid down the 411
Looking at the rules, I think both classes may be raced, like 103 and 104 last year...Eric from the track has told me it WILL be a 2 day race, as well.
robk is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 06:47 PM
  #4163  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,447
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ghoppa View Post
Hey Guys, F104 Black is almost ready, but I have a problem with making my battery fit.

I just purchased an Orion 4000 maH but I believe its too long for p/n D3 (page 13 in the manual) to work properly, any suggestions on how I can keep the battery secure in case any of you have encountered the same situation..

any help will be appreciated!!!

the battery:
http://www.teamorion.com/orion/produ...4103noPlug.jpg
I didn't bother with the plactic part, I just use velcro to strap the battery to the upper deck. No issues so far..

I try to post a picture tonight for those who needs visual aids..
Coz I do..
Arahawak is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 06:54 PM
  #4164  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,447
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Double post
Arahawak is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 06:57 PM
  #4165  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
smracer31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

What size bearings are needed the f103 front wheels?
smracer31 is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 07:27 PM
  #4166  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,042
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by smracer31 View Post
What size bearings are needed the f103 front wheels?
5x8
robk is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 07:38 PM
  #4167  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
gsxr0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco CA
Posts: 1,243
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

any news on you guys with the exotek chassis, how are they working for you? any race results?
gsxr0311 is offline  
Old 12-28-2010, 12:24 AM
  #4168  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally Posted by gsxr0311 View Post
any news on you guys with the exotek chassis, how are they working for you? any race results?
Check with Fernando.
Sydewynder is offline  
Old 12-28-2010, 11:56 AM
  #4169  
Tech Adept
 
Oortael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 172
Default

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the advices on my diff. It works now fine. You've helped me a lot. What I've done is:

1. Sanded the diff. plates with 600 grit sandpaper.
2. Put the very less "kit grease" in the holes of the spur (not on the plates)
3. Press the steel diff balls in
4. Changed the thrust washers

I raise my glass to you.
Cheers!
Oortael is offline  
Old 12-28-2010, 12:50 PM
  #4170  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (36)
 
abailey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Rubbing the rim?? Post a pic. Are you Talking about the pin?
Turns out to be the Ride rims, the stock Tamiya rims dont rub
abailey21 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.