Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 06-21-2010, 04:26 PM
  #2926  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (103)
 
hairymuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: moreno valley, ca
Posts: 3,210
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
I try to become a member on your site and it wont let me...It keeps going back to the sign in screen
hairymuffin is offline  
Old 06-21-2010, 04:37 PM
  #2927  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

If you are running a cookie blocker you will need to allow cookies.
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 06-21-2010, 04:55 PM
  #2928  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

3Racing has new suspension arms coming out for the F104. They have an angled leading edge rather than the stock straight one.

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4105
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 01:55 AM
  #2929  
Tech Initiate
 
Jay_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 41
Default

[QUOTE=InspGadgt;7571391]3Racing has new suspension arms coming out for the F104. They have an angled leading edge rather than the stock straight one.



Anyone know how this will effect the way the suspension works, if at all?

As the pivot points look to be in the same place

Shame they haven't made the top arms with adjustable castor
Jay_P is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 06:24 AM
  #2930  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: moving around
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hairymuffin View Post
I try to become a member on your site and it wont let me...It keeps going back to the sign in screen
Have you tried using Microsoft Internet Explorer??

I have same problem when using FireFox..
hansenhon is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 08:32 AM
  #2931  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,906
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aussierevo View Post
Got to have a run with the new T Bar from Tamiya. I must say initial impressions are good.

rubber tires all round and the middle screw kept out...

I didn't make any adjustments to the roll adjustment screw...
middle screw kept out?
where the o ring sits?

roll adjustment screw?

I have the new T bar and also like it.

Thanks David
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 12:08 PM
  #2932  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
eevul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 605
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
middle screw kept out?
where the o ring sits?

roll adjustment screw?

I have the new T bar and also like it.

Thanks David
I am also interested to know which screw to leave out. Any pics?
eevul is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 PM
  #2933  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (14)
 
aussierevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Using the Tamiya Soft T Bar I had good result's with not using the roll adjustment screw. I left it out altogther to help with grip. So where you would insert 3 3x10mm screws to attach the t bar to the diffuser, I only used 2

With the new Hi Traction T Bar, I've installed it as per the instructions so have used all three screws in the rear of the t bar and set it as per the manual setting with 1mm. I will need to see what changes small adjustments will make to the set-up, if it improves the car more, or even removing this screw altogether helps.

Hope this clears things up. Apologise for any confusion.
aussierevo is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 01:58 PM
  #2934  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

[QUOTE=Jay_P;7573470]
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
3Racing has new suspension arms coming out for the F104. They have an angled leading edge rather than the stock straight one.



Anyone know how this will effect the way the suspension works, if at all?

As the pivot points look to be in the same place

Shame they haven't made the top arms with adjustable castor
It shouldn't affect it at all except maybe different flex in the arms. The pivot points are all the same. It is more of a cosmetic change to make it look more like this year's F1 suspensions.
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 11:52 PM
  #2935  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,447
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aussierevo View Post
Using the Tamiya Soft T Bar I had good result's with not using the roll adjustment screw. I left it out altogther to help with grip. So where you would insert 3 3x10mm screws to attach the t bar to the diffuser, I only used 2

With the new Hi Traction T Bar, I've installed it as per the instructions so have used all three screws in the rear of the t bar and set it as per the manual setting with 1mm. I will need to see what changes small adjustments will make to the set-up, if it improves the car more, or even removing this screw altogether helps.

Hope this clears things up. Apologise for any confusion.
So you are using the previous soft t-bar without the middle screw and o-ring.

and that with the new high traction t-bar, you are using it as per instructions and if grips is not there, removing the centre screw may help, is that what you are saying?
Arahawak is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 12:29 AM
  #2936  
Tech Elite
 
dodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the archipelago
Posts: 3,095
Default

Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
So you are using the previous soft t-bar without the middle screw and o-ring.

and that with the new high traction t-bar, you are using it as per instructions and if grips is not there, removing the centre screw may help, is that what you are saying?
if the new T-bar is of the same material as the older soft T-bar, removing the centre screw on the new T-bar will give the same setting as using the older soft T-bar without the centre screw, right?
dodo is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 12:39 AM
  #2937  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,447
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dodo View Post
if the new T-bar is of the same material as the older soft T-bar, removing the centre screw on the new T-bar will give the same setting as using the older soft T-bar without the centre screw, right?
If so, i would have wasted my money on it.
Arahawak is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 02:50 AM
  #2938  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (14)
 
aussierevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
So you are using the previous soft t-bar without the middle screw and o-ring.

and that with the new high traction t-bar, you are using it as per instructions and if grips is not there, removing the centre screw may help, is that what you are saying?
thats correct.

I felt the high traction t bar is actually not as stiff as the standard soft t bar. It was a noticeable difference the movement it allowed once installed. I don't know if it was the due to the u shape notch that is cut from the new t bar, or if it is actually a softer material then the soft t bar.
aussierevo is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 05:30 AM
  #2939  
Tech Initiate
 
Jay_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 41
Default

From what I've noticed, the soft T bar and the high traction T bar are the same material. The extra cut out in the high traction provides more forward/aft flex but the side to side is about the same as the soft with the small O ring on both

I run foams on tarmac and 27t motor, the new T bar has helped a lot with straight line stability and getting the power down out of the corners for me
Jay_P is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 01:35 PM
  #2940  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,021
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jay_P View Post
From what I've noticed, the soft T bar and the high traction T bar are the same material. The extra cut out in the high traction provides more forward/aft flex but the side to side is about the same as the soft with the small O ring on both

I run foams on tarmac and 27t motor, the new T bar has helped a lot with straight line stability and getting the power down out of the corners for me
well i like the sound of the more stability and ability to get the power down out of a turn guess it time to order one

are you running the center screw or not?
k_bojar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.