Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 06-13-2010, 02:55 AM
  #2896  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 57
Default

hi.

can you share some setups for carpet racing using foams or rubbers for the f104?

thanks.
bosschick is offline  
Old 06-13-2010, 07:29 AM
  #2897  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
cyclone x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gaithersburg MD
Posts: 2,547
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bosschick View Post
hi.

can you share some setups for carpet racing using foams or rubbers for the f104?

thanks.
sorry cant help now my track is ashpalt we put carpet on top in winter
cyclone x is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 12:04 PM
  #2898  
Tech Regular
 
alan1467's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Durham UK
Posts: 352
Default Pit Shimizu Rubber Tyres

Is anyone using the F104 Pit Shimizu that fit on the foam rims?

If so any problems with grip/wear and side walls ripping?

Went through 6 sets of rears yesterday with ripping side walls or zero grip on the second run. It was not just me but a lot of people
alan1467 is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 01:06 PM
  #2899  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by alan1467 View Post
Is anyone using the F104 Pit Shimizu that fit on the foam rims?

If so any problems with grip/wear and side walls ripping?

Went through 6 sets of rears yesterday with ripping side walls or zero grip on the second run. It was not just me but a lot of people
I had one set, the sidewall over the plastic edge of the foam type rim design is not a good idea for racing near barriers.
Touch anything and the wheel is sucked into the barrier instead of glancing off.

RIDE tires are much better, and have a unique wheel for their tires.
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 02:18 PM
  #2900  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Part of the trick to foam tires is how you mount them...if the method used doesn't adhere really well they will be more prone to chunking of the edges. You can't avoid that happening totally unless you never hit anything. But a good gluing procedure will reduce it a lot.
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 02:53 PM
  #2901  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Part of the trick to foam tires is how you mount them...if the method used doesn't adhere really well they will be more prone to chunking of the edges. You can't avoid that happening totally unless you never hit anything. But a good gluing procedure will reduce it a lot.
The Pit tires are rubber type, but they use the standard F-104 Foam rim.
An odd setup to say the least.
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 02:58 PM
  #2902  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

ah i missed that...thought you were talking about foam tires.
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 05:47 PM
  #2903  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
cyclone x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gaithersburg MD
Posts: 2,547
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
The Pit tires are rubber type, but they use the standard F-104 Foam rim.
An odd setup to say the least.
i see your avatar is redbull now i love monster but the shop i work at just got redbull stickers in pretty sweet
cyclone x is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:55 PM
  #2904  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
HeliYogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 1,199
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default F104 Racing on rubber too!

We continue with the Le Mans 24 Minutes after F1 so bring your cars!

HeliYogi is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:28 AM
  #2905  
Tech Adept
 
Oortael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 172
Default

Has anybody tried the SANWA SDX-801 Low Profile Servo on a F104?

Some friends use it for their touring cars and it works pretty fine in their cars.
Oortael is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 06:45 AM
  #2906  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
cyclone x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gaithersburg MD
Posts: 2,547
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Oortael View Post
Has anybody tried the SANWA SDX-801 Low Profile Servo on a F104?

Some friends use it for their touring cars and it works pretty fine in their cars.
i use a low profile futaba
cyclone x is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 07:20 AM
  #2907  
Tech Adept
 
Oortael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 172
Default

Originally Posted by cyclone x View Post
i use a low profile futaba
How does it work? Is there any play at the mount points?
Oortael is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 09:35 AM
  #2908  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,906
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I had play when mounting my servo, didn't want to double up the servo tape to fill the gaps and the extra mounts were too tight.

I used one of each of the mounting plates and the fit was perfect, a couple thousandths off center but the fit was tight.
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 01:06 PM
  #2909  
Tech Fanatic
 
akura2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paramount, CA
Posts: 819
Default

Looks like HPI is catching on to the 2009/2010 season stuff...

HPI F10 new bodies



as WE only get Ferrari F60s
akura2 is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:22 PM
  #2910  
Tech Adept
 
Oortael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 172
Default

Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
I had play when mounting my servo, didn't want to double up the servo tape to fill the gaps and the extra mounts were too tight.

I used one of each of the mounting plates and the fit was perfect, a couple thousandths off center but the fit was tight.
Did you use the aloy servo mount point or the kit ones.
Oortael is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.