Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:35 PM
  #2521  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central NY
Posts: 4
Default F104 Pro Setup for Sale

Hi all,
New to the forum. I was going to get back into On-Road but decided to go Off-Road instead. I have an F104 Pro with a few upgrade parts, a Mamba Max w/5700Kv motor, and a Spektrum dx2s w/telemetry for sale (includes servo). All are new in box. Looking to get $500 plus shipping for the whole setup. Price is pretty firm, do the math and you'll know why. I have an EBAY rating of 195, so I am legit. PM me for more info and pictures.
rjs1222 is offline  
Old 04-14-2010, 12:20 AM
  #2522  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
old-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Barry White View Post
New from TGR:

Anyone had a chance to try this setup? Is it any good?
old-man is offline  
Old 04-14-2010, 10:14 PM
  #2523  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palmdale
Posts: 3,658
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

does anyone know if the HPI F10 rubber wheel fits on the F104 ?
direct fit ? Modification required ?
lightfoot is offline  
Old 04-14-2010, 11:34 PM
  #2524  
Tech Regular
 
alan1467's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Durham UK
Posts: 352
Default

Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
does anyone know if the HPI F10 rubber wheel fits on the F104 ?
direct fit ? Modification required ?
No they wont fit as the F10 uses a touring car size hex front and rear
alan1467 is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 12:14 AM
  #2525  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palmdale
Posts: 3,658
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by alan1467 View Post
No they wont fit as the F10 uses a touring car size hex front and rear
Thank you so much ... one more question please... what is the softest front rubber for the F104 ? Part number would be awesome
lightfoot is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 10:16 AM
  #2526  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
JayL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,098
Default

Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
Thank you so much ... one more question please... what is the softest front rubber for the F104 ? Part number would be awesome
Tamya parts? the stock F60 fronts are softer than the option ones
JayL is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 10:20 AM
  #2527  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,152
Default

Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Tamya parts? the stock F60 fronts are softer than the option ones
I have always thought that the new fronts are softer than the stock ones.
Ben.C is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 10:37 AM
  #2528  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

New option Rubber tires for F-104
Rear Softer, or lower temp rubber.
Front harder
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 05:30 PM
  #2529  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
414MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 989
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

The Temp chart with the Tamiya option fronts says they are for lower ambient temps so I would think they are softer. I know the description says medium/hard, but the temp chart indicates otherwise?
414MPH is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 06:21 PM
  #2530  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 414MPH View Post
The Temp chart with the Tamiya option fronts says they are for lower ambient temps so I would think they are softer. I know the description says medium/hard, but the temp chart indicates otherwise?
Hmm, I was just repeating what I heard from a reputable source, don't have a set yet.
Will need to inquire with the Tamiya locals for updates.
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 07:28 PM
  #2531  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
MaxSp97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camarino
Posts: 466
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Hmm, I was just repeating what I heard from a reputable source, don't have a set yet.
Will need to inquire with the Tamiya locals for updates.
Dave,
I have both tires (Kit/Option) but its hard to tell which one is softer.
MaxSp97 is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 07:39 PM
  #2532  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
J-VET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ventura CA
Posts: 211
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Calvin,

Your car looked like it was working pretty well with the rubbers on it last weekend. What did you think of the option rears? I just picked up a set yesterday. Is no insert the way to go with the options as well?


Jeff V
J-VET is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 08:31 PM
  #2533  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MaxSp97 View Post
Dave,
I have both tires (Kit/Option) but its hard to tell which one is softer.
Hey Cal are you going to make it out to the Regionals next week ?
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 09:23 PM
  #2534  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palmdale
Posts: 3,658
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default F1 racing

This Sunday F1 racing at WCRC...

http://www.charleslightfoot.com/UF1/UF1_home.html
lightfoot is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 10:27 PM
  #2535  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
MaxSp97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camarino
Posts: 466
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by J-VET View Post
Calvin,

Your car looked like it was working pretty well with the rubbers on it last weekend. What did you think of the option rears? I just picked up a set yesterday. Is no insert the way to go with the options as well?


Jeff V
Jeff,
I used Kit front and Option rear, I used stock inserts for both front and rear.
I drilled the vent hole a little bigger for both wheels (+1 on the opposite side).
MaxSp97 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.