Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 01-31-2010, 07:10 AM
  #2086  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,375
Default

Had a little time on my hands so made a ' How to make a flashing LED set' tutorial for my F1 take a look it only takes 10 mins to build one

http://thercracer.blogspot.com/2010/...-tutorial.html
Qatmix is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 12:45 PM
  #2087  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
kyle3333's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 460
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? LiPo for the F104 Pro

What LiPo batteries work/fit the best in this chassis?

Thank you,
Kyle
kyle3333 is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 12:51 PM
  #2088  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I use the ORION 3400 Carbon lipos, slide right in no mods.
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 09:26 PM
  #2089  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
old-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kyle3333 View Post
What LiPo batteries work/fit the best in this chassis?

Thank you,
Kyle

Any Lipo that is designed to mimik the size of NiMh/NiCd stick pack will fit.

OM
old-man is offline  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:30 AM
  #2090  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (144)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 4,247
Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)
Default How does the F104 handle with F60 body and wings

Just like the title says gentleman. Has anyone noticed any differences in handling?? I love the scale look of the F60 but not sure how it handles. Its a little cold in New Jersey today for me to try the F60 out.
skyline1015 is offline  
Old 02-02-2010, 02:26 PM
  #2091  
Tech Regular
 
zpmhinojosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Reno,NV
Posts: 262
Default

Originally Posted by skyline1015 View Post
Just like the title says gentleman. Has anyone noticed any differences in handling?? I love the scale look of the F60 but not sure how it handles. Its a little cold in New Jersey today for me to try the F60 out.
Now grant it I only bought the F60 body kit, slapped it on my Pro chassis and it handles like a dream come ture. In fact our track temp up here in NV is cool also but with the Shimizu's it's not a factor.
Tamiya F104 Pro!-back-bend.jpg
zpmhinojosa is offline  
Old 02-02-2010, 02:56 PM
  #2092  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,267
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Ride released Rubber tire for F104 la !
RC MARKET is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 08:24 AM
  #2093  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skyline1015 View Post
Just like the title says gentleman. Has anyone noticed any differences in handling?? I love the scale look of the F60 but not sure how it handles. Its a little cold in New Jersey today for me to try the F60 out.
We just had a big indoor carpet race (slowbirds). At any given time the 104's were just as fast/faster than my 103.
Finish order in the main was 104,103 (me),103,104,104 (but the guy was running a STRONG 2nd the entire race and lost a 540J).103,109,104.
The 109 was running the same lap times as the top three but smoked a motor.
I am no on-road wheel man but a few of the fast folks said that my car looked like it was locked in better than the 104s. If I go back I might
let one of the fast guys take a few laps and see what numbers they can put down.
j.d.roost is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 12:13 PM
  #2094  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
iknowjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edison, NJ, USA
Posts: 1,134
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by j.d.roost View Post
We just had a big indoor carpet race (slowbirds). At any given time the 104's were just as fast/faster than my 103.
Finish order in the main was 104,103 (me),103,104,104 (but the guy was running a STRONG 2nd the entire race and lost a 540J).103,109,104.
The 109 was running the same lap times as the top three but smoked a motor.
I am no on-road wheel man but a few of the fast folks said that my car looked like it was locked in better than the 104s. If I go back I might
let one of the fast guys take a few laps and see what numbers they can put down.
What do you mean "If I go back". You're hooked now. You'll be back. You better be!!!
iknowjoe is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 07:36 PM
  #2095  
Tech Regular
 
zpmhinojosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Reno,NV
Posts: 262
Default

I know I'm hooked, I just recieved my Tactic 2.4... So jazzed.
zpmhinojosa is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
  #2096  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (144)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 4,247
Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)
Default My version of the Ferrari F10

Let me know what you guys think. I finished her up today. I am using the stock black wheels but i have a set of the Rubber wheels. Just waiting for the rear Rubbers to arrive.







My 2010 lineup



F104 with F109 in the background driven by Kimi
skyline1015 is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:14 PM
  #2097  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

very niiice
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 10:11 PM
  #2098  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...jumping stuff
Posts: 3,263
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skyline1015 View Post
Let me know what you guys think. I finished her up today. I am using the stock black wheels but i have a set of the Rubber wheels. Just waiting for the rear Rubbers to arrive.

F104 with F109 in the background driven by Kimi
Very cool! What kind of paint did you use on the wings?
Greg Sharpe is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 10:37 PM
  #2099  
Tech Master
 
Scooby Horton1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,372
Default

I need that Greg Sharpe guys setup!!
Scooby Horton1 is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 10:52 PM
  #2100  
Tech Regular
 
zpmhinojosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Reno,NV
Posts: 262
Default

It's different!!! Did you use a dye on those wings?
zpmhinojosa is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.