New Car Time!

Old 12-07-2003, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New Car Time!

Basically im fed up with my tc3, it goes through parts fairly quickly as where i race is very unforgiving Ive been looking at the other cars and I've narrowed my choices down to three. Ill be racing stock allmost allways but occasionally mod.
Yokomo SSG Black
Xray Evo 2
Barracuda R3
The yokomo is fast, and a touch fragile from what i have seen. Xray is quick and bulletproof. Barracuda R2 was a great car, R3 looks even better, but being in the UK we dont have a distributor so I dont want to be left high and dry if i break something for it in my last heat and dont have a spare.
What is everyone elses opinion, I know a few guys out here have had a couple of these cars so i want to here from you! (Randman that means you! )
Old 12-07-2003, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Sounds as if you have already made up your mind.
Old 12-07-2003, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Losi Triple X S G+
Old 12-07-2003, 02:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

If you are looking at an Evo 2 remember Xray also has the T1 Raycer which is also a good car,plus it's a little cheaper and very upgradeable,you can run the low ratio pully set,it is a very good car.I have had an R2 cuda and a Yokomo SD and the Xray works as well as either of them.Buy what you can get parts for.
Old 12-07-2003, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Berger I think you'll find there is a UK distributer for Cuda parts now They're just about to open and have Cuda parts in stock at the moment. The website is www.planet-rc.com but it isn't open yet.
Old 12-07-2003, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SteveG
Losi Triple X S G+
Ive tried that and i dont like the way it needs cutting and everything to be fast. Its not a well raced car near me either.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo
Default Re: New Car Time!

Originally posted by berger
Basically im fed up with my tc3, it goes through parts fairly quickly as where i race is very unforgiving Ive been looking at the other cars and I've narrowed my choices down to three. Ill be racing stock allmost allways but occasionally mod.
Yokomo SSG Black
Xray Evo 2
Barracuda R3
The yokomo is fast, and a touch fragile from what i have seen. Xray is quick and bulletproof. Barracuda R2 was a great car, R3 looks even better, but being in the UK we dont have a distributor so I dont want to be left high and dry if i break something for it in my last heat and dont have a spare.
What is everyone elses opinion, I know a few guys out here have had a couple of these cars so i want to here from you! (Randman that means you! )
X-Ray Evo2. Fast and almost bulletproof
Old 12-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How about the Kawada Sigma? I have been running this for about 8 months, car is very well balance, super tough and handles great.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Lord

I think that if parts are hard to find for a cuda in the UK it would be even harder to find them for a Kawada in the UK..
Old 12-07-2003, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

I'd get the xray if you can get the parts. I have a T1 and my next car is going to be a cuda for sure.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Tech Lord

Got rid of my R2 cuda and got a Xray,I was no faster with a cuda than I'm with my Xray..maybe thats the problem I'm NOT fast..
Old 12-07-2003, 10:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Sorry it took so long but ya could just PM me, lol.

I'm gonna stay away from belt cars, just dont work well in stock, I definately felt like the car just didnt have the power exiting the corners..

So drop it between the SD and R3... out of the box, the R3 I'd say will be the best car, hands down. The durability of Alex racing cant be matched, at least as far as any other shaft cars go (the T1 may actually be stronger, not sure) I think the R3 is going to fix the problems that the R2 had, with the spur gear now bieng reinforced, and the swaybars can now easilly be changed out. I'm currently running the Yokomo just because their cars have always been good to me in the past, I'll give the SD another shot and see what the durability is like with a few hopups added to it.

I'll honestly most likely go to the R3 when it is released, Alex racing quality is the best out there, and that car is just raising the bar from the already hot R2.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you are fed up with the TC3, then don't get the Yok. I'd get the XRay. Seems your main concern is being bullet proof. Not performance. The TC3 has won just about every major event in the world this year. So it's no slouch in performance. Anyways... get the XRay... it's fast in Stock too (won at Cleveland in Stock Class.) And it's hard to break. R3 would be more durable than the TC3 and SD. But getting parts where you are might be hard.

I run an SD right now and love it. If I were you, I'd just stick with one car and learn to drive it. Not saying you suck or anything. But if you constantly break all the time, you need to stay off the corners and walls and be more consistant. This is what forces new drivers to always switch to different cars because they think their car is too fragile. Of course... if you have alot of Hacks at your track... that doesn't help either...
Old 12-08-2003, 12:44 AM
Regional Moderator

i think you should get most of the people are running at your track and get a car which you could get parts most easily! i seriously think its not the car that makes a difference, its whos driving it! dont listen to ppl who say "whatever drive this car and he wins" or "whatever car won most of the races in the world this year" cuz anyone who has really good skills and the right set up could make their car go fast and proabaly win!

give mark or barry a SD or R2/3 or Xray anytime and bet you anything they could still win some of the big races out there!
Old 12-08-2003, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by berger
Ive tried that and i dont like the way it needs cutting and everything to be fast. Its not a well raced car near me either.

Please explain?!?!? I may have to try and do your "cutting" so I can make my car fast........ Oh wait a minute it's already fast....DOH!!! LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.