R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrc View Post
-Like everyone else, my goal is to win.
-I am a Team Driver of Serpent America her in Puerto Rico, but all mi experience is on the 1/10 gas cars. I have a 13.5 Brushless LRP, for the Super Stock class, but I notice that the 19T motors are faster than the 13.5 that we are using. The budget is no problem; I just want to buy the best 19T that you can recommend.
We had been racing EP only for a couple of months, but the level of challenge is increasing.
hi All...
i do agree with you all saying that 19T brushed kill 13.5T Brushless...
it is because...
( LRP Eraser Motor ) the cheapest branded brushless motor i've found and been using it ..the rating goes like this
13.5T brushless equivelent to 23T brush,the 10.5T is equivelent to 19T brushed,the 9.5T ( if not mistaken ) is at 17t brushed.

i must say...better go for the brushless system mr jcrc..no more comm lathe and carbon brush died on u ..
Mr LowDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #17
Tech Initiate

I'm new to this whole on road electric stuff, and looking for some gering ideas for a 008 running a 19t on an average out door track.
RKP3.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr LowDown View Post
hi All...
i do agree with you all saying that 19T brushed kill 13.5T Brushless...
it is because...
( LRP Eraser Motor ) the cheapest branded brushless motor i've found and been using it ..the rating goes like this
13.5T brushless equivelent to 23T brush,the 10.5T is equivelent to 19T brushed,the 9.5T ( if not mistaken ) is at 17t brushed.

i must say...better go for the brushless system mr jcrc..no more comm lathe and carbon brush died on u ..

Yep true beushless is the way to go. The only brushed motors i like to use is silver can motors in the minis

Besides that i wouldn't bother, just save for a nice brushless system if you can