The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mxer59
I know when I orderd my v2 2200kv buggy combo it came with the progrommer
The SP's US website does not mention the programer and A Main's website also does not mention it if you're just getting the ESC, only the combo does. So I'm not sure if it does come with it or not.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Solara
Not at this time....you don't need LCD for SAII, yet....
Only the LED programmer card...not the LCD/USB digital programmer card that JRRobiso was asking.
Currently filling up my shopping cart @ SP USA website...the SA V2.0 + 1/8 SA V2.0 BL MOTOR - 5.5R - SCT 4X4 combo set is currently out of stock. So my other option was to get the items seperately, thus the reason for my question if the SA V2.0 ESC unit already came with the LED program card. If it does not then I could just add to my shopping cart. Thank you again for helping me out.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Currently filling up my shopping cart @ SP USA website...the SA V2.0 + 1/8 SA V2.0 BL MOTOR - 5.5R - SCT 4X4 combo set is currently out of stock. So my other option was to get the items seperately, thus the reason for my question if the SA V2.0 ESC unit already came with the LED program card. If it does not then I could just add to my shopping cart. Thank you again for helping me out.
Actually, you are correct...only the GT and Cirtix series does came with LED programmer. Silver Arrow II does not come with any programmer...you have to purchase the LCD or the LED programmer. But because of this...i would recommand you to buy the LCD programmer instead. Because in the future, if we do have any ESC software update, you can use the LCD programmer to get the software update for free....LED programmer cannot do that.

We do, however, attach the LED (not LCD) programmer for the SAII/SA 5.5 motor combo package...but that combo is not instock now.

Last edited by Solara; 08-29-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Actually, you are correct...only the GT and Cirtix series does came with LED programmer. Silver Arrow II does not come with any programmer...you have to purchase the LCD or the LED programmer. But because of this...i would recommand you to buy the LCD programmer instead. Because in the future, if we do have any ESC software update, you can use the LCD programmer to get the software update for free....LED programmer cannot do that.

We do, however, attach the LED (not LCD) programmer for the SAII/SA 5.5 motor combo package...but that combo is not instock now.

Thank you again. Really appreciate!
Old 08-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Need more information....

Is that for BOOST stock racing..? How big is the track? Indoor or outdoor? Why are you running the V3 13.5 in 0° timing on endbell? Is that because of the track rule? Please provide more info before we can provide suggestion...thanks.
Well, the underlying question is that we had a speedo setting that worked for our track with the old V3 on the 10deg timing mark. SP releases the MMM that claims to have more x3. So we slap the motor in. The big difference is that we now have the choice of running 11-20deg.

The question is much more basic in that for the extra 10deg timing we can use on the motor, do we numb down the esc 10deg to compensate for the total timing? What would be the "total" timing that this motor can run before encountering power fade?

For me, this is in regards to BOOSTED.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Just got done completing my order. And as you recommended also purchased the LCD program card instead of the LED one. I also included a 180mm sensor cable and sticker sheet (must have item )...was not sure if the ESC came with a cable.

Thanks again for the help!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Need more information....

Is that for BOOST stock racing..? How big is the track? Indoor or outdoor? Why are you running the V3 13.5 in 0° timing on endbell? Is that because of the track rule? Please provide more info before we can provide suggestion...thanks.
Boosted 13.5 latest software as stated in prior post.

I have a setting for the ver3, as the motor is very different in its KV rating and the timming is also different what is your suggestion for outdoor rubber med to large track.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Anyone looking for a GT2.1EX, USB programmer, and 3.0 17.5 1cell motor combo package? http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...rc-gen-xl.html
Old 08-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by inpuressa
Well, the underlying question is that we had a speedo setting that worked for our track with the old V3 on the 10deg timing mark. SP releases the MMM that claims to have more x3. So we slap the motor in. The big difference is that we now have the choice of running 11-20deg.

The question is much more basic in that for the extra 10deg timing we can use on the motor, do we numb down the esc 10deg to compensate for the total timing? What would be the "total" timing that this motor can run before encountering power fade?

For me, this is in regards to BOOSTED.
No....definitely not. It is never "take off 10° and turn up 10° there" deal.

Set the MMM timing to middle 15°...then keep the boost timing on your 323stock setup. but turn down the TURBO timing by 5° and give that a try. Keep the same gearing.

However, I have no idea what is your ESC setup so I don't know that would work with you or not...check MOTOR temp is the key.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bjspinner
Boosted 13.5 latest software as stated in prior post.

I have a setting for the ver3, as the motor is very different in its KV rating and the timming is also different what is your suggestion for outdoor rubber med to large track.
Same as above....leave the MMM timing to middle 15°...turn down your turbo timing by 5°...then try again..same gearing as before.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

No....definitely not. It is never "take off 10° and turn up 10° there" deal.

Set the MMM timing to middle 15°...then keep the boost timing on your 323stock setup. but turn down the TURBO timing by 5° and give that a try. Keep the same gearing.

However, I have no idea what is your ESC setup so I don't know that would work with you or not...check MOTOR temp is the key.
Thanks, will try that out.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

can anyone tell me how to get rma number for warranty?
my new mmm 17.5 hesitate sometimes. seems like the sensor is not working right.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hey guys I just bought a GT2.1 and just wondering what is the best motor to use with it. Lookiing to run 17.5 boosted in an onroad car.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Speed Passion MMM 17.5 will good for you.

Originally Posted by Gyr0
Hey guys I just bought a GT2.1 and just wondering what is the best motor to use with it. Lookiing to run 17.5 boosted in an onroad car.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I recommend you read the instructions really really slowly when you get the system, twice, any questions PM me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.