SPv3 4.5
DRRS lvl 2
boost 35
turbo slope 6
turbo 26
start rpm 15000
turbo delay 0.3
timing acc 750

I was running a cooler on my speedo and a heat sink on my motor with 2 lrg fans on it , motor was 70 YES 70 degreesC and speedo was 60

Toni Rhienard set this up for me , and the brakes were AMAZING even at 60% on my transmitter and 87.5 in the speedo

be carefull you may crash at the end of the straight with laughing so hard at how fast it goes .

As a worlds driver said to me as i RIPPED passed him down the straight "F@#k me phil whats in that !!!!!!!!"
Phil.....very nice, very very nice...

When you see TONI or MARC...say HI for me, said Howard from SP USA.

I would definitely create your setup and post it on SP. As couple of my driver already asked for your 6.5 323stock setup and when I said I would run my 4T with 205g (no boost, old mod software) and they all said I am crazy....not, I think I am not going to waste my time on 205g as I never thought I can run stock BOOST on 4.5 motor....

You can ask TONI about our new motor....he can hook you up, and you will WOW even more....

Thanks for your setup....I will head to our track in 2 weeks.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Phil.....very nice, very very nice...

When you see TONI or MARC...say HI for me, said Howard from SP USA.

I would definitely create your setup and post it on SP. As couple of my driver already asked for your 6.5 323stock setup and when I said I would run my 4T with 205g (no boost, old mod software) and they all said I am crazy....not, I think I am not going to waste my time on 205g as I never thought I can run stock BOOST on 4.5 motor....

You can ask TONI about our new motor....he can hook you up, and you will WOW even more....

Thanks for your setup....I will head to our track in 2 weeks.
i will ask toni about the new motors and i will say hi to them for ya , the timing on a mod motor is crazy , it sounds like a stock motor but the rip out of the corners it mad .....

set the motor to 5 degrees timing too 0 is too argessive and 10 it gets hot !! i snapped 3 belts testing for ETS on thursday with this set up
Old 06-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

does anybody know where 0 degree timing is on a v2 mod motor? thanks
Old 06-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John_S
does anybody know where 0 degree timing is on a v2 mod motor? thanks
The label "B" right at the 12 oclock area...straight up. Look at the gallery of the below link, the 5th pic on the right. Showing back of the motor in stock position. (no timing advanced position)

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...=SPF07V2&c=MTR
Old 06-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
(3) Tamiya plug is a big NO NO....go bullets or deans. Also...your motor sensor board might be damaged, check the same motor with different speedo or have your motor run on your friends car that has differnet speedo and see the same 2 minutes shut down happen or not.
I'm changing to deans now on the car that ran tamiya plugs. I am using bullets on the other car already though.

(4) I personally think that 21.5 with boost is just asking for a motor to blow up....21.5 is pretty slow, and we have to BOOST it up and run as fast as a 13.5. I personally has all the hard time to find a good open 21.5 setting as my conclusion is....leave the 21.5 motor as a no timing motor class. Anything for boost...should be 17.5 or faster.
I can't really change that. The class allows for boosting and everyone uses boost. If I don't I run slow.

Could you explain to me why a motor will overheat when running a 6:1 ratio but is fine when running a 5.4:1 ratio if using the exact same settings both times?
Old 06-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by J-PaP
Could you explain to me why a motor will overheat when running a 6:1 ratio but is fine when running a 5.4:1 ratio if using the exact same settings both times?
you are over revving the motor thus causing excessive heat
Old 06-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

Ok thanks. That makes sense I guess. Think I'll just go back to my old gearing in that case. Quite frustrating given the prior advice I was given on this thread has stuffed my motors up.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J-PaP
Ok thanks. That makes sense I guess. Think I'll just go back to my old gearing in that case. Quite frustrating given the prior advice I was given on this thread has stuffed my motors up.
Welcome to the world of boosted 21.5. We ran a class over the winter allowing both 17.5 spec esc and 21.5 with boost. The biggest challenge was getting the 21.5 to run consistent for 6 minutes. The first 4, it would be faster than the 17.5, then fall way off. Sacrificed several motors finding setting that worked OK for a 6 minute race. In the end, most went back to using 17.5 motors as the setup was simple and it ran consistent. Lessoned learned was that boosted 21.5 had a very narrow operating range, and even then it simply did not seem to like a lot of timing applied.

Unless you were on a 250ft track, your original gearing of 4.xx was way off and was more than likely the cause of the motors demise. The advice given here was based on our experiene with this class over the winter and would allow the motor to run with boost. If the setups for boosted 21.5 are not on the Speed Passion website, let us know and I'll ask Howard to post them.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Pretty much most tracks in Australia run 21.5 boosted. At our track a few guys have run a 4.2-4.5 ratio as I did initially and was getting temps of around 70 degrees celsius normally.

Then some of the guys were running about a 5.2 ratio and getting similar performance but running 10 degrees cooler. I jumped on the bandwagon but lacked acceleration. I am confident there was nothing wrong with the motor at this point.

The above is the history of "car 1".

"car 2" has had about 3 6 minute runs running a ratio of 5.4. Motor had not hit over 55 degrees c in all those runs.

I decided to use "car 2" first. On the first run I try the ratio suggested here and the motor is over revved (presumably) and stuffed within 2 minutes. I even went a lot more conservative on the timing than what was suggested. I'm no expert so I didn't know the motor was over revved as the connector had broken at that time (which I've come to realise now the connector broke because the motor had seized which caused the connector to get hot)

I then switched to "car 1" at that point. Ran the same ratio as before but put the settings even more conservative. 2 minutes and again the car came to a crawl. I imagine if I had followed the timing suggested I would have blown the motor before finishing a lap.

I do expect in trying to find settings that you will at some point stuff a motor but am not happy that I'm given advice that is clearly way off. Sure it was unintentional but I followed what I am told thinking I'm being told the right thing.

Also the boosted 21.5 settings for the newest software are not on the website from what I can see. That's why I posted here.

Last edited by J-PaP; 06-05-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

It seems that the sensor board of my Ultra Sporstman v2 it's broken.

Are spares available?
Old 06-06-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys, I need some advice and input on my current esc settings.

Here is the breakdown on running gear:-

Touring Car : Top CEFX Photon.
Motor: Viper 10.5T - Max timing at 45 Degrees.
Gearing: Tried 6.8 ratio up to 7.4
ESC: Speed Passion ProStock ( latest SP firmware Boost setting).

I run on a track with long straight.

ESC Setting:-
DDSR - lv 4
Start Boost RPM 6000
Boost Timing 40
Boost Acc 500
Turbo Timing 24
Turbo Slope 24
Turbo Delay 0.2s
Motor temp after 5min race pace is between 170-180F(even with 2 fans).
(Hot weather climate conditions - track temp goes up to 160F)

So, I am getting great acceleration out of corners and in-fields. Breaks are just nice.

The only thing lacking is the top end. What do you guys suggest to get more top end and maybe reduce motor temps. I don't mind sacrificing some bottom end for faster top end.

By the way i'm racing with tekins and hobbywing esc at my track. Some how the Tekins are just slicing past me or up my azz on the long straights.

Any suggestions is much appreciated.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I just started using my old 13.5t V3.0 motor with a GM75 was using it with a GM motor. What sort of gearing should I be running with the SP boosted ? the manual says 4.8-6.0 but I presume that it's for non boosted ? I ran it at 6.0 the weekend with the motor timing on max and it felt ok
Old 06-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prorace
It seems that the sensor board of my Ultra Sporstman v2 it's broken.

Are spares available?
Sorry, not for the V2 motor....
Old 06-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 29TC
Hey guys, I need some advice and input on my current esc settings.

Touring Car : Top CEFX Photon.
Motor: Viper 10.5T - Max timing at 45 Degrees.
Gearing: Tried 6.8 ratio up to 7.4
ESC: Speed Passion ProStock ( latest SP firmware Boost setting).

I run on a track with long straight.

ESC Setting:-
DDSR - lv 4
Start Boost RPM 6000
Boost Timing 40
Boost Acc 500
Turbo Timing 24
Turbo Slope 24
Turbo Delay 0.2s
Motor temp after 5min race pace is between 170-180F(even with 2 fans).
(Hot weather climate conditions - track temp goes up to 160F)
What is considered a "long straight"? Need an estimate of length to make suggestions.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Glitch?

Originally Posted by Banshee8530
Has anyone had problems with savox servos and the Speed Passion GT2.0 ESC's? I'm not convinced the ESC has anything to do with the troubles people are having with Savox servos and Spektrum rx's. Any input? Some claim it is the BEC in the ESC, I think it is the Rx.
Hi guys!

I may have a similar problem but need to do a little more troubleshooting as everything is new (rx, tx, savox servo, sp silver arrow 2, novak ballistic 4.5' nexx 10 sc). Under full throttle car will intermittently steer hard left or exhibit a "stuck throttle" condition for a second or so. I had an extra new rx, loaded new firmware in the tx (gt3b) and got same results. I plan to try the radio on another car and try my spektrum rx/tx w the new car when the rain stops.

However after seeing this post i guess i should try adding a cap to the esc?

Thanks,

Joe

P.S. I chose the SP because i run an xerun 80 in my Nexx 8 and have had good results. I also had the lcd programming card and software on my PC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.