Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by michaelb5097
just got my speed passion cirtix stock club race today, and im having a problem getting it going. When i swith it on the red led flashes and beeps continuously.
Its attached to a tekin 10.5t sensored motor and a 5000mah 7.4 lipo and a pretty standard receiver and transmitter. The only time the led stops is when i take out the sensor cable and plug it back in but after that nothing happens

anyone know where im going wrong

thanks
Try setting the esc with the Sensor wire unplugged. Then after it sets plug the sensor in and turn it back on and see if it works. If it doesnt work you may need to turn it on with the sensor wire unpluged and then plug the sensor wire back in after its all powered up....but once you turn it off you will need to repeat the process to get it to work again. Some of the Citrix ESC's are picky about what motor you use. You may need to send it back to Speedpassion for an updated version.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stipres
Solora...

Any difference between the Citrix Stock and Short Course ESCs? If so, what are they?
Short Course master ESC can adjust timing....and with more features that can be use on SCT racing.

Club spec is for SPEC racing...cannot adjust timing (for the SPEC racing reason)..ROAR approved ESC unit for sportsman.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

just got my speed passion cirtix stock club race today, and im having a problem getting it going. When i swith it on the red led flashes and beeps continuously.
Its attached to a tekin 10.5t sensored motor and a 5000mah 7.4 lipo and a pretty standard receiver and transmitter. The only time the led stops is when i take out the sensor cable and plug it back in but after that nothing happens

anyone know where im going wrong

thanks
More then likey the issue is your using it with the tekin motor. The motor is not the issue its the esc. Some of the early versions don't work with all motors. Call speedpassion and send it back for a later updated version. Expect a 3 week turn around
Old 11-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

IS THAT ALL YOU ARE DOING TO CALIBRATE IT???
Old 11-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Short Course master ESC can adjust timing....and with more features that can be use on SCT racing.

Club spec is for SPEC racing...cannot adjust timing (for the SPEC racing reason)..ROAR approved ESC unit for sportsman.
Thanks...exactly what I was wondering.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi, any reviews about this combo?
http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...93301RTR&c=DIS

Does it have timing and programability?
Is the motor good? Slotless, meaning? Is it better than whats available now?

Thanks
Old 11-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TRXRACER99
IS THAT ALL YOU ARE DOING TO CALIBRATE IT???
Well that's what it says in the manual, I'm gonna keep trying
Old 11-17-2010, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

People, it's CIRTIX not Citrix. Just sayin'.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well that's what it says in the manual, I'm gonna keep trying
Not sure if I'm following you correctly here but there's a little more to it than just pushing the button and turning it on. so...try this:

Set the radio EPA for throttle and brake to 100%
remove the pinion or tires at least before proceeding.
With the radio on, plug in the ESC and hold the button on the switch while turning it on.
Then leave the throttle at Neutral and push the button again.
Then HOLD full throttle and push the button again.
Then HOLD full brake and push the button again.

Now when you let off the brake nothing should happen and when you pull the trigger you should have throttle.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skypilot
67 degrees on the motor is less then room temp I would hope. how is that possible? you use 22m to tell the size of the straight, I'm gonna assume that the temp was 67C
67c not 67f!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

yes mike is correct please calibrate the esc with the radio and you should not be experiencing any of the problems you are experiencing.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

What I read him to say is that it WON'T calibrate because all he gets is flashing red lights. Maybe its just me
Old 11-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

after thinking some more about it, make sure your battery is fully charged, I had something similar when I first turned on my 1s ex esc, the low voltage cut off was set to high and it wouldn't program until I used a 2s lipo. but I still think it may be a motor issue, try unsoldering the motor completely and programing it.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

The new iPhone app is out and downloadable.

HOWEVER...... there are a few bugs that need to be worked out as the gear chart only allows you to chose from 3 pinions and 3 spur ratios. I think the scroll bar on each hasn't been "turned on" to allow the scrolling.

Some of the cars in the selections are spelled incorrect (no biggy) but the ratios on a few are incorrect.

Otherwise all of the features are really easy to use and will make keeping track of racing set ups very handy to not only record but keep track of and share.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
The new iPhone app is out and downloadable.

HOWEVER...... there are a few bugs that need to be worked out as the gear chart only allows you to chose from 3 pinions and 3 spur ratios. I think the scroll bar on each hasn't been "turned on" to allow the scrolling.

Some of the cars in the selections are spelled incorrect (no biggy) but the ratios on a few are incorrect.

Otherwise all of the features are really easy to use and will make keeping track of racing set ups very handy to not only record but keep track of and share.
Glad to know that....

FYI...revision will be coming and it will free upgrade to all those exisitng user. All your concerns (above) has been addressed and we will be getting the revision done.

More feature will be added onto the APP....

Now..I wish I can afford a I-phone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.