Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Taman
171 grams - no wires attached
Thank you very much Taman!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Please help me!

Hi,

Like i wrote two Sites ago(anfortunately everybody ignored my post :-( )

Which Kind of RPM Delay has the #100258 stock Software?
Is it a) 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / ....
Or b) 3000 / 4500 / 6000 / ....
???

Please help me!
Thanks!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking 528 updatecorrect ?

hello shqizy,

hello @ all,

I´m new here in this forum, but I have the some problem like shqizy has.
I update to the 528 on my GT2.0 PRO but cant see the rpm delay 3000/4500. etc..

So I´m not sure that I currently use the right software.

so please help us, in this topic,so that we can be sure that we don´t have done something wrong.

very best regards

Harald

and

greetings from sunny VIENNA
Old 07-20-2010, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shqizy
Hi,

Like i wrote two Sites ago(anfortunately everybody ignored my post :-( )

Which Kind of RPM Delay has the #100258 stock Software?
Is it a) 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / ....
Or b) 3000 / 4500 / 6000 / ....
???

Please help me!
Thanks!
A
Old 07-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've got a question regarding the 528 Stock software.

Why is it that the supercharger has both an RPM delay, AND a time delay? Shouldn't it be one or the other? If you hit the RPM before the time delay or vice versa, does it wait til both are met to add the supercharger timing?
Old 07-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic

Why is it that the supercharger has both an RPM delay, AND a time delay? Shouldn't it be one or the other? If you hit the RPM before the time delay or vice versa, does it wait til both are met to add the supercharger timing?
your trying some thing different
Old 07-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
your trying some thing different
I've been running the SP stuff on and off for a while. Never really been able to get it right. This thread doesn't seem as technically inclined as the Tekin thread. Not many setups or theories shared. Now that the season is over I am going to spend some more time with 528. I can never seem to get the motor to wind out like it does with my Tekin. It always sounds like it is struggling to build RPM. I never find the settings on the speedo to make as much of a difference as gearing does, which is opposite of how the Tekin reacts.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

So is atsushi running for speed passion now? I noticed one in his car at ets.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I've been running the SP stuff on and off for a while. Never really been able to get it right. This thread doesn't seem as technically inclined as the Tekin thread. Not many setups or theories shared. Now that the season is over I am going to spend some more time with 528. I can never seem to get the motor to wind out like it does with my Tekin. It always sounds like it is struggling to build RPM. I never find the settings on the speedo to make as much of a difference as gearing does, which is opposite of how the Tekin reacts.
I have noticed the same thing, I don't think its supposed to act like the tekin does, that's why they call it supercharge and not turbo. (anyone not into 1:1 cars, superchargers build a ton of low end torque but actually create parasitic drag in higher rpms, where as turbos need time to spool and run faster the higher rpms you can turn). Higher gearing helps a lot, I had my 13.5 geared at 5.9, bumping it up to 5.3 helped a lot and it didn't run any hotter.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I have noticed the same thing, I don't think its supposed to act like the tekin does, that's why they call it supercharge and not turbo. (anyone not into 1:1 cars, superchargers build a ton of low end torque but actually create parasitic drag in higher rpms, where as turbos need time to spool and run faster the higher rpms you can turn). Higher gearing helps a lot, I had my 13.5 geared at 5.9, bumping it up to 5.3 helped a lot and it didn't run any hotter.
I assumed they called it supercharger just to be the counterpoint to Tekin's turbo. I never thought it could have a deeper meaning. I agree with what you said though, more gear helps.

I still don't understand why the supercharger has both and RPM as well as a time-based delay.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I assumed they called it supercharger just to be the counterpoint to Tekin's turbo. I never thought it could have a deeper meaning. I agree with what you said though, more gear helps.

I still don't understand why the supercharger has both and RPM as well as a time-based delay.
I believe start RPM is the point the ESC starts adding any timing at all. The delay only effects the 8* of supercharger timing.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Being an electrical engineer and a former Tekin user myself, I can understand some of the frustrations when trying to dial in the Speed Passion ESC software. Myself along with the help of others here in the Chicago area have spent a fair amount of time "reverse engineering" the Speed Passion settings to correlate them to the Tekin settings we are familiar with. I'll try to summarize these below:

#9 DMTS Timing: This setting defines the Software defined motor timing (boost on Tekin).

#12 Supercharger Timing: This setting defines the additional amount of timing to be added once you are full throttle and after the #14 Supercharger Delay time (Turbo timing / Turbo Delay on Tekin)

#13 DMTS Timing Start: This is the RPM at which the #9 setting begins (Tekin Start RPM)

#14 Supercharger Delay: This the the amount of time delay after you are full throttle before the Supercharger Timing is added. (Tekin Turbo Delay)

#15 Supercharger Timing Punch: From the testing we have done, this appears to control the rate at which the DMTS timing & Supercharger timing are applied. This is similar to the Tekin Turbo Ramp Rate, but it seems to apply to the overall timing curve since it has an effect on the end RPM of the overall timing.

The end rpm can be calculated via: END RPM = DMTS Timing Start + (DMTS Timing + Supercharger Timing) * Supercharger Timing Punch

With the above info, I was able to correlate Speed Passion settings to my Tekin settings. The Speed Passion remains in my car as I find it easier to drive due to its smooth response. I know that if a driver beats me, it is because they drove a better race, not because their ESC was any faster .

Jimmy
Old 07-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Jimmy, thank you for the excellent information. That will be very helpful. I will report back on Thursday after I run again tomorrow night.

Speed Passion team driver Tim Potter and I have managed to get our settings down such that the SP speedo is considerably faster than a Tekin on the infield of our track, but it is always at the cost of top end speed. At the end of our straight away the Tekin's always pull away. We had been testing with SP v3 motors.

Tomorrow I am going to run with my Duo2 motors, as I am a driver for Trinity and I am most familiar with their motors. The SP motors are nice but they seem to like different gearing and setups than the Trinity motors that I am used to.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

not sure where, but a few pages back there is a download for a setup sheet that gives all the rpms and stuff for each setting.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR Racer
I run an RB5 which has the exact tranny ratio. Running a 78 / 23 for spur -pinion. We have a very small tight cornering track so not much top end needed , but enough for passing. I'm by far the fastest and smoothest for our small straightaways. I can PM u the settings currently used with 528 if youde like. I use the GT 2.1 speedo with 528 Mod program and 4 barrel power cap.
Thanks Brandon

I started with a 24 pinion with the standard spur 81, and went up to 26. It got a bit quicker with the 26, but still not what i was expecting from a 8.5 motor.

I ran out of time to try a bigger pinion, and was hesitant to keep going up in pinion size. Seem to be getting into 17.5 gearing range..

I'm running the SP v.1 LPF speedy, so no software update for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.