Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 03:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Speed Passion GT2.1 Capacitor

Just thought I would share some findings with everyone.

I drive a Tamiya 416WE with a GM 13.5T motor and recently got a Speed Passion GT 2.1 (previously had and LRP SPX). Now my car not only looks very sexy but is alot faster down the straight and has a better power band, punchy but smooth.

I did notice though how weak the brakes are. They work, yes, but they arnt as good as the SPX I had. I tried all ESC settings and combinations with no sucsess, messing with the EPA on the transmitter, re-calibrate ESC ect ect.. I use an LRP 5900mah 50C Lipo so I dont think its a bad supply. The SPX on the same car/setup/electronics has much better brakes even on its low settings.

I noticed my GT 2.1 came with a single large capacitor. On the Speed Passion web site it pictures a unit with 4 small capacitors so I replaced it with the optional 'high power capacitor' which I assume is the same thing, looks the same anyway.

This made and *EPIC* difference to the brakes and low down power for that matter. The brakes now lock up the wheels with ease, I've have had to tone them down slightly now.

Has anyone else had their GT 2.1 come with 1 large capacitor instead of the 4 small ones?
Old 07-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

I'm using this one (look at the photo is the Super Capacitor for 6cells/2sLiPo) on my 2,1 with a 10,5V3 SP. For me is working really well. I'm coming from SPX too and i have a SXX SS too. For many things at the moment i prefer to use the SP 2,1 and one of the things that i like is the brake.
A friend of mine is racing with the original capacitor and what i saw (same car, same setup) my car is having temperature more low and punch and brake is much better, so i think the Super capacitor is helping me on this.

Also congratulations to Speedpassion for another World, incredible job.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by altreyx
I'm using this one (look at the photo is the Super Capacitor for 6cells/2sLiPo) on my 2,1 with a 10,5V3 SP. For me is working really well. I'm coming from SPX too and i have a SXX SS too. For many things at the moment i prefer to use the SP 2,1 and one of the things that i like is the brake.
A friend of mine is racing with the original capacitor and what i saw (same car, same setup) my car is having temperature more low and punch and brake is much better, so i think the Super capacitor is helping me on this.

Also congratulations to Speedpassion for another World, incredible job.

The SP cap for 6cell 1500f is discontinued. But the super 4barrel cap is still available an works well. We will hopefully see a new version soon. SP always satisfies our top performing racing needs!
Old 07-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)
Default GT2.1 for 12scale

hi guys i wanted to set up my 12scale again and i wanted to get the 2.1sp but im not sure that it will work with a one cell lipo ....does anyone know if it will or what all do i need to get to get it to work
Old 07-04-2010, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

The 4 cap option capacitir board works great. alternatively the TOP Racing super cap is a good choice.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tha Beast
hi guys i wanted to set up my 12scale again and i wanted to get the 2.1sp but im not sure that it will work with a one cell lipo ....does anyone know if it will or what all do i need to get to get it to work
i run 2.0 in my wgt and i have to run receiver pack or u could run a booster
Old 07-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mr crum
i run 2.0 in my wgt and i have to run receiver pack or u could run a booster
your running 1s lipo right ??? so then just a receiver pack and that will do the trick? and i need the 7.4 volt receiver pack right??? and would that mean that there will be 11volts would be in the receiver??
Old 07-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

your running 1s lipo right ??? so then just a receiver pack and that will do the trick? and i need the 7.4 volt receiver pack right??? and would that mean that there will be 11volts would be in the receiver??
No, because you would be linking the batterys in parallel instead of in series, you'd only be adding to the capacity of the battery not the voltage
Old 07-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LMRacing
No, because you would be linking the batterys in parallel instead of in series, you'd only be adding to the capacity of the battery not the voltage
how would i do that??
Old 07-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yes running 1s i would recommend 6.6life receiver pack little less voltage some servos dont like that high voltage cause when u charge the 7.4 its actually 8.4 receiver can handle 9.6 (spektrum) but the servo can be damaged with too much voltage
Old 07-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi .. I have been out of the electric scene for some time now, well the last time I was running electric I was racing Team Associated RC10L Pan car if my memory serves right and running Novak ESC with Brushed Reedy Motors, need to catch up so been doing some reading now...

A friend of mine asked me a question in regards to running a Speed Passion ESC with a Trinity Motor DU something..... will they work together specifically the question is about the sensor cable.

Anyone car to advise me on this one plz.

Thx
Old 07-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys, im also suffering weak brakes with my gt 2 pro with 4t v3 and 10.5 v3

they are too progresive, im after more aggresive brakes and just cant seem to get them to be sharp with just a little movement with the throttle stick

ive also tried all the esc settings but from what i can make out if the initial brakes are at a max of 40% surely they never are going to be blinding with little stick movement, they will be 40% of the max brakes or am i wrong ?

ive been reading the above posts regarding capacitors, from the start i run with the following spec capacitor

105 dec c
25v
2200uf

its a cylinder type one as used by reinhard..could this spec capacitor be the issue..

ive found what is labelled as super active capacitor but as it looks like the one that came with my esc i dont know if its the same as what i have,

what capacitor comes with esc 2.0 pro gt ????

the one ive found is pt no sp98801std-c01 (is this the supplied gt pro one)
is this one the same sp98801-c01 or the upgraded version

i just want better brakes as i have to start braking too early to get into a hairpin, markwhen others can cream me on braking

cheers in advance

mark
Old 07-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Shesha, I've run my SP ESC with SP, Trinity and Novak motors without a problem They all take the same sensor cable.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark williams
Hi guys, im also suffering weak brakes with my gt 2 pro with 4t v3 and 10.5 v3

they are too progresive, im after more aggresive brakes and just cant seem to get them to be sharp with just a little movement with the throttle stick

ive also tried all the esc settings but from what i can make out if the initial brakes are at a max of 40% surely they never are going to be blinding with little stick movement, they will be 40% of the max brakes or am i wrong ?

ive been reading the above posts regarding capacitors, from the start i run with the following spec capacitor

105 dec c
25v
2200uf

its a cylinder type one as used by reinhard..could this spec capacitor be the issue..

ive found what is labelled as super active capacitor but as it looks like the one that came with my esc i dont know if its the same as what i have,

what capacitor comes with esc 2.0 pro gt ????

the one ive found is pt no sp98801std-c01 (is this the supplied gt pro one)
is this one the same sp98801-c01 or the upgraded version

i just want better brakes as i have to start braking too early to get into a hairpin, markwhen others can cream me on braking

cheers in advance

mark
I have the same problem with a V2 Pro and a SPV3 17.5 with the standard cap it came with.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Barger
I have the same problem with a V2 Pro and a SPV3 17.5 with the standard cap it came with.
Are you running brake force setting at 100% as well as reverse force to 100% ?!?!?
Make sure to recalibrate radio after making changes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.