Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Thank you for your explanation Charlie_b.
NP, anytime.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by charlie_b
NP, anytime.
Yes thanks.
Im willing to wait for the new software, now that we are starting to head into winter, and there isnt much indoor racing around here. so ill be using 230 for now, and will work on my settings.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Charlie when you say you don't go above 3 on SC boost settings you mean you don't go below it? I thought that setting made the motor hotter as you went down?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Shawn, when will the single cell battery be released??????????
Old 04-20-2010, 03:13 AM
Tech Adept

Charlie, thank you very much. It makes a lot more sense now. I'll be putting it into practise this Friday night. Thanks dude.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info Charlie,

I was under the impression that setting 15. Punch, was nothing to do with supercharger, and that it just made your car more punchy before the supercharger kicked in, presumably by using lower timing. My tests seemed to confirm this, but maybe I was just seeing what I wanted to see.

Can you elaborate on what you think 15 does?

Cheers

Neal
Old 04-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Redwood
Thanks for the info Charlie,

I was under the impression that setting 15. Punch, was nothing to do with supercharger, and that it just made your car more punchy before the supercharger kicked in, presumably by using lower timing. My tests seemed to confirm this, but maybe I was just seeing what I wanted to see.

Can you elaborate on what you think 15 does?

Cheers

Neal
Punch is #4 or DDRS. From what i have observed, if i set #15 at 1 on the track where there is a sweeper then a straight, the supercharger kicks in on the sweeper before the straight. When I set the value to 3, it turned on about 15 feet after the beginning of the straight.
When you bench test your car, you will notice 2 steps of boost type of reactions. 1 for mid and one for full throttle. I think this is the dynamic timing that was mentioned way early into the supercharger program. Because this seems to be lower in timing/boost, i can only assume that this is the punch that helps get the motor up to speed onto the high rpm/low torque settings.
Since we we still do not have a clear definition of the settings, we can only go by what we observe. Please be patient everyone, with us only in the US testing for the higher turn motors(17.5/13.5), we are limited to those who get to go out to the track during the week or test before a race on weekends. THere has been great improvements since the 218 so i know we are in the right direction. Ultimately we want to get the same Smooth curve Speedpassion is known for, with the ballistic power to back it up.
Keep posting your findings. SP is listening.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Charlie, I appreciate that all this stuff is still being worked out, hence why it's called beta software.

I didn't actually get to test the software this weekend as every time I tried to race with the supercharger software, the speedo went into sensorless mode and lost all punch and top speed, and the motor got hot to boot.

I shimmed the rotor closer to the sensor, but only had one qualifier left so switched back to the old 107 software, car was excellent actually but that was 10.5 on a super small track.

Has anyone else experienced a switch to sensorless mode, I was running a GT 2.0 pro with 230 supercharger software and a SP ultra sportsman 10.5. My friend also had the exact same issue with the same type of motor and the speedo we shall not mention in this thread.

Regards

Neal
Old 04-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Redwood
Thanks Charlie, I appreciate that all this stuff is still being worked out, hence why it's called beta software.

I didn't actually get to test the software this weekend as every time I tried to race with the supercharger software, the speedo went into sensorless mode and lost all punch and top speed, and the motor got hot to boot.

I shimmed the rotor closer to the sensor, but only had one qualifier left so switched back to the old 107 software, car was excellent actually but that was 10.5 on a super small track.

Has anyone else experienced a switch to sensorless mode, I was running a GT 2.0 pro with 230 supercharger software and a SP ultra sportsman 10.5. My friend also had the exact same issue with the same type of motor and the speedo we shall not mention in this thread.

Regards

Neal
Dude..are we running the same car??
I had that issue too. When i test, it is usually 10 laps at a time, then record. No issues at 10 laps. In actual 7 minute racing, mine went into the same mode. WHat Shawn suggested is either disable temp control(do at your own risk) or lower your lipo cut off. I have not gotten a chance to see if this works, but will try to test that either tonight or tomorrow night.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RTR canada
I really wanted to win a trophy this weekends Tamiya race so i switched to Tekin and took first place and pulling 2 more laps than with the Speed passion! All this waiting i hope they make you guyz really happy? I did use the Sp motor thou and seemed good.
Common.. 2 laps eh? your my hero
Old 04-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

How is it possible to tell when its gone into sensorless mode? A while ago I had an old motor run fast for the first 3 mins and then as it heated up it would slow down (to 540 speeds), and it turned out one of the windings inside the motor was starting to short when it got hot.

If I let it cool down it would be fine for about a lap and then the same thing would happen.

Eventually it failed altogether.

Mike
Old 04-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

when i was out on sunday that car was fine other then in one race the car either went into sensor less mode or the sensor cable came loose.

At the end of the race i had a look at the cable and pushed it in hoping that doing so would solve my problem. took the car straight out on to the track again it was fine.

David
Old 04-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

When i was testing last week, i also ran into the problem of the motor going into the sensorless mode. it usually happened after i tapped a wall or run over a corner dot. i fixed the problem by blowing out the tire dust with the compressor, and changing the sensor wire. works fine now.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

no problem with fade, still trying various settings, once i had to rebind the esc, 5 times before it would take the new settings, (it was about walking speed before the 5th try)
Old 04-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by defcone
Charlie when you say you don't go above 3 on SC boost settings you mean you don't go below it? I thought that setting made the motor hotter as you went down?
I do mean i do not go above 3 because there is too much delay or lack of Punch. I have gone to 1 and gave me the punch i need and still had no overheating issues. THis might change with the new settings im gonna try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.