Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if the sensor board on the old V2 SP motors is replacable? If so are they interchangable between different wind motors?

Thanks

Neal
Old 04-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Redwood
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if the sensor board on the old V2 SP motors is replacable? If so are they interchangable between different wind motors?

Thanks

Neal
Yes the sensor is the same on all winds.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
Hey guys..

Can someone post or PM me a location that has the LCD USB program box? I'd like to upgrade my software but can find them instock anywhere..

anyone?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey... anyone have any suggestions for a sp 2.0 lpf running a trinity duo2 10.5 in an older losi xxxT..
what I am looking for is
software...
gearing...
and general settings..
run on a fairly sticky track somewhat hard packed at times...

thanks guy's
Old 04-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone?
Joel I could tell you but would be Shot

PM
Old 04-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Yes the sensor is the same on all winds.
Thank you very much.

Neal
Old 04-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
I was more interested in specs as this is going to be the superstock spec ESC at ETS and there is nothing on SP site (or anywhere else for that matter) apart from a few pictures and a brief blurb. No actual data/info. Then again, why would anyone buy it if we don't know anything at all about it?

But if you want to keep your fingers crossed you might need to know mr. Uwe Reinhardt has already ordered 130 of them for the next ETS so not sure how many that leaves for the rest of us of the first batch.
I picked up one yesterday from the Ozzie disty for some testing on a club spec style program.
The size and shape is very similar ot the Hobbywing mini sensorless speedie used in Australia.
The feel and quality seem very impressive.
Only 3 settings possible, brake power, drag brake and temp cutoff
Receiver and switch wires nicely exposed on the edge of the unit, so you will be able to shorten the wires easily.

Negatives from first impressions.
Cap sits behind the wiresand looks out of place, would have been nice to see it like the 35amp hobbywing where a nice little hole is made in the heatsink under the fan for it.
Secondly, TAMIYA PLUG, come on its 2010, kill off the Tammy plug, after all it is a RACE speed control, put on a Deans style plug.
Motor wires come prewired on the SP 3 prong plug, it just looks tacky, doesnt lock in place properly, and doesnt appear to put any significant pressure to the contact plates unlike a deans plug.

We have been testing a few different combos in an attempt for a low cost racing class. This fills most of the requirements so far, however the RRP of $180 AUD seems to be creeping up above our initial estimates.

We are aiming for a 21.5 motor, so far combos are only available in 17.5 and faster. I had a look at the motor, the quality looks better than the dodgy SP pictures show it to be. Fixed timing is a bonus.
Looking forward to trying it out this week.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I picked up one yesterday from the Ozzie disty for some testing on a club spec style program.
The size and shape is very similar ot the Hobbywing mini sensorless speedie used in Australia.
The feel and quality seem very impressive.
Only 3 settings possible, brake power, drag brake and temp cutoff
Receiver and switch wires nicely exposed on the edge of the unit, so you will be able to shorten the wires easily.

Negatives from first impressions.
Cap sits behind the wiresand looks out of place, would have been nice to see it like the 35amp hobbywing where a nice little hole is made in the heatsink under the fan for it.
Secondly, TAMIYA PLUG, come on its 2010, kill off the Tammy plug, after all it is a RACE speed control, put on a Deans style plug.
Motor wires come prewired on the SP 3 prong plug, it just looks tacky, doesnt lock in place properly, and doesnt appear to put any significant pressure to the contact plates unlike a deans plug.

We have been testing a few different combos in an attempt for a low cost racing class. This fills most of the requirements so far, however the RRP of $180 AUD seems to be creeping up above our initial estimates.

We are aiming for a 21.5 motor, so far combos are only available in 17.5 and faster. I had a look at the motor, the quality looks better than the dodgy SP pictures show it to be. Fixed timing is a bonus.
Looking forward to trying it out this week.
Thanks for your thoughts. I am waiting on my unit as well to test for the summer season. I think, considering it is half the price of most name brand esc's in it's class, the plugs and cap pretty much isn't an issue for me. I will be running this system in RCGT and see how it holds up against the standard Non-Boosted ESC's.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

anyone?
Found one on ebay tonite, they appear to have four left, in Honk Kong though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SPLCD01-Speed-Pa...item45f22a5104

Marcos, are you going to superior on saturday?
Old 04-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Thanks for your thoughts. I am waiting on my unit as well to test for the summer season. I think, considering it is half the price of most name brand esc's in it's class, the plugs and cap pretty much isn't an issue for me. I will be running this system in RCGT and see how it holds up against the standard Non-Boosted ESC's.
Charlie,
You have to compare apples to apples, you cant make comparisons to a brand name esc (I assume u mean a race brand name), as it has none of the features.

You can noty even really compare it to the Novak Havoc system being used in VTA, at $130 USD, which includes a true RACE quality motor. The Cirtix motor is a far lower spec motor, with the combo being $165USD. So $35 more and a lower spec motor to boot.

Dont get me wrong, its a massive step in the right direction, however its missed its mark so far on the pricing made available to me. It will be interesting to see the US street price, to see if the Ozzie disty has missed the mark. If it were to be $110 for the combo, then it will be a BIG winner.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Charlie,
You have to compare apples to apples, you cant make comparisons to a brand name esc (I assume u mean a race brand name), as it has none of the features.

You can noty even really compare it to the Novak Havoc system being used in VTA, at $130 USD, which includes a true RACE quality motor. The Cirtix motor is a far lower spec motor, with the combo being $165USD. So $35 more and a lower spec motor to boot.

Dont get me wrong, its a massive step in the right direction, however its missed its mark so far on the pricing made available to me. It will be interesting to see the US street price, to see if the Ozzie disty has missed the mark. If it were to be $110 for the combo, then it will be a BIG winner.
I know prices for Australia are a lot more than the US...we are getting ours here for about $70 for the combo(Motor and ESC) That is HALF the price of a Havoc System.. The only difference between the CIRTIX Spec motor and the original V1 or V2 for that matter is that you can not open up the Cirtix Motors from what i understand. Now how does this motor fall short of a havoc motor?
The V1 motors are VERY strong and Very fast to begin with so, in all do respect, for the price, i think it IS a killer deal and it is a BETTER deal than the havoc 21.5 system, which is slower as well. I think before you jump to conclusions, know that the market here in the US is WAY different than that Down under.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by charlie_b
I know prices for Australia are a lot more than the US...we are getting ours here for about $70 for the combo(Motor and ESC) That is HALF the price of a Havoc System.. The only difference between the CIRTIX Spec motor and the original V1 or V2 for that matter is that you can not open up the Cirtix Motors from what i understand. Now how does this motor fall short of a havoc motor?
The V1 motors are VERY strong and Very fast to begin with so, in all do respect, for the price, i think it IS a killer deal and it is a BETTER deal than the havoc 21.5 system, which is slower as well. I think before you jump to conclusions, know that the market here in the US is WAY different than that Down under.
Hiya Charlie,
No Conclusion Jumping, I did specify i am keen to see the street price in the US, i hope it is $70, but i have yet to see it advertised anywhere, do you have a link?

The Cirtix motor is a pressed can, much like a 540 mabuchi motor, where the Novak stuff is fully machined and anodized aluminium.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Hiya Charlie,
No Conclusion Jumping, I did specify i am keen to see the street price in the US, i hope it is $70, but i have yet to see it advertised anywhere, do you have a link?

The Cirtix motor is a pressed can, much like a 540 mabuchi motor, where the Novak stuff is fully machined and anodized aluminium.
Let me find a link to it for ya. I know Speedtech Rc will be carrying it as soon as they have it in stock as well as TQ Raceway and Brooker Tracker Hobbies.
As far as the can, that is good information to know. Could be why the price is very reasonable. It will come down to performance. As soon as i get my hands on one, i will beat it up and report on here. Thanx again for your info!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

please try at your own risk..

make sure check your motor temp every 2minutes..

Last edited by charlie_b; 04-14-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Sharing unauthorized beta software
Old 04-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

please try at your own risk..

make sure check your motor temp every 2minutes..[/QUOTE]

Any starting point with 10.5, is it the same as the old version? Gearing wise.

Last edited by charlie_b; 04-14-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.