The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rutter
Hmm it freezes on the connecting pc screen and when i click update nothing happens it says this firmware can not be updated. im trying to change stock110 software to mod.

Marcus
did you plug in and turn on the esc?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default hey guys.

I went to the speed passion wedsite and downloaded some software that was under the download button. and all I got was an old version of the software.

Is there a link to download the v1.03_070904

Also ive got both programming cards, the cheap grey one, and the black lcd screen one. Im guessing you use the black one to download the software to the esc, and use the grey one to go through the settings?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racingnazy
I went to the speed passion wedsite and downloaded some software that was under the download button. and all I got was an old version of the software.

Also ive got both programming cards, the cheap grey one, and the black lcd screen one. Im guessing you use the black one to download the software to the esc, and use the grey one to go through the settings?
Go back a couple of pages and you'll see the download.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Default Hey

Is this the link your talking about?

http://www.filefactory.com/dlf/f/b0a...arger_Beta.zip

Im not that good with this adware download sites. Everytime I click on download I get a trivia on history.

Its SP software why cant we download it directly from there website? and what is this renaming files as .old?? wtf?
Old 03-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Gee did I open a can of worms.

Yes I did mention the new name appearing on the LCD screen. Not that it makes any difference to how the software works. I was disappointed that I had no reply except from a clown. Even thou it’s a beta version, you would of expect this to be pickup on the alpha test. If Speed Passion wishes to distance their image/link from HW then they should not have allow this little error to happen.

My SP products were purchased from the US therefore my support is from the US.

It isn’t SP job to support any other brands that may modify their ESC, other then their own. If you do decide to follow that path then except the consequences. It’s like if you use different brands of motherboards and video cards and have problems. Each manufacture will blame the other product. Why, because each manufacture don’t fully test on each other products.

I will continue to support SP because of the support they have here.

Cherry2 is probably some ones unloved child, just seeking some attention and approval. It’s sad to see there are people like you. It’s obvious that you don’t understand the meaning of “trolling”, other wise you would not of replied to my original question in the manner that you did and continue to do other.

Once again sorry to Speed Passion USA and the forum users.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Default Hey

by reading that, and going through the trouble im going through.... I think there is alot of FUSTERATION right now. We all want the best....

I have spend over 1000$ in speed passion esc, and motors in the past year. And im still having problems with finding the software download.

I get a link that send me somewhere, and then from there somewhere else, and ive got to rename files ".old", and extract something here, and there........ FUSTERATION IS KILLING ME
Old 03-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

by reading that, and going through the trouble im going through.... I think there is alot of FUSTERATION right now. We all want the best....

I have spend over 1000$ in speed passion esc, and motors in the past year. And im still having problems with finding the software download.

I get a link that send me somewhere, and then from there somewhere else, and ive got to rename files ".old", and extract something here, and there........ FUSTERATION IS KILLING ME
Check your PM.

Boz, well said.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

racingnazy , There is no v1.03_070904 for LCD, if you hear is from Born2Run.

Originally Posted by Born2Run
I upgraded my the LCD program box to the newest firmware v1.03_070904 and the drag brake issue has gone
and Born2Run, There is no v1.03_070904, it never exist,...

The true is There is version V1.03_090704, perhaps Born2Run typed it mistakenly.

and Born2Run are you sure LCD Firmware fix your drag brake issue ?
have you tried to return to v1.02 LCD Firmware after you fix the brake issue, and find it's wrong on v1.02 LCD Firmware ?
Old 03-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by guinnes.s
i need to connect a v1.1 lpf to a brushed motor,what is the wires configuration?thanx
Depend on how you want brushed mode ?
there is 2 way you can run Brushed Mode

1) Forward and Backward,Brake Mode
2) Forward Only and Brake Mode

Which one do you like to wire ?
Old 03-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

racingnazy:
This is BETA software. Meaning unproven, only internally tested so far, but being provided semi-publicly to gain some more feedback on the functions and functionality before being revised/repaired/released to the public as an officially "safe" and "improved" version of software. So please don't take the following as rude in any way - If renaming/replacing program files and having to do a little searching for the beta software is beyond your patience or comfort zone, I would respectfully recommend waiting for the public version of the software.

Again with no disrespect meant - we purposely make it a little difficult to get and load BETA software. For those with the time and patience to get it, load it up successfully and spend several practice days dialing it in and all the while providing feedback - you are SP heroes and I sincerely thank and salute you. You have made the product better for everyone.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by san.
I'm bit a confused and having problems finding a balance with the beta software.

Need some help understanding the difference between #4 DRRS (Start Mode) and #15 Supercharger Punch. And how they affect and/or compliment each other? Similarly, #9 AMTS (Timing) and #12 Supercharger Boost Level.

Thx.
Shawn?
Old 03-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Hi san.
I am exploring that as we speak - I hope to skype call with the engineers very soon tonight and report back asap.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default IMPORTANT FOR ALL BETA TESTERS!

With the help from Brandon in MS today, I was able to make some mental connections from a previous call with the SP owner and engineers earlier this morning.

I was told "the software has to be loaded twice for the full effects to take". I initially interpreted that as meaning the new files had to be copied/pasted twice for the new beta software to show up.

After several phone calls with Brandon in MS testing beta software today with no luck, and then an email from him just now saying "I reloaded the software again onto my ESC, and now it seems fine" - I'm putting two and two together. This has now been confirmed from the SP owner and engineers - please "upgrade ESC" TWICE when putting new beta software on your ESC!

So - If you have loaded the new software onto your ESC and observed "little or no difference" to 107/110 - please load it (or reload it, and then) again a 2nd time! (and hold onto your shorts!)

All the feedback we have received (with special thanks to Charlie Barnes and Rich Stidham) so far tells us we are 100% with Tekin on the straight, and eating their lunch in the infield when the settings are optimized. And this is also on a track (in Rich's case) with a 165ft straight!

Also noted from this morning's Skype call - 230 has about 5% more power (both punch and top speed) than 231. PLEASE BE CAREFUL with 230 - many motors have been smoked with too much Supercharger punch/Supercharger boost in testing!

Also confirmed tonight:
AMTS timing is interconnected with the Supercharger function. In Alpha testing (and in general for AMTS) setting 8 gives highest top speed (but lowest punch). Setting 1 give most punch, but lower top speed. Depending on your motor and track, AMTS setting 6 or 7 might be best for you. (lower for lower turn motors, higher for higher turn motors.)

DRRS is still active as well. Generally setting 8 is still best. Lower settings will lower punch and allow higher supercharger and AMTS setings for higher top speed.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

anyone know who has a sp gt 2.0 blue esc in stock?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndysD8
I know it's alot of onroad people here but can someone tell me what a good software to use on my gt2.0 in my hpi blitz in a stock 2wd class. We are allowed to run 27t brushed or 17.5 brushless so I figured i'd throw my lrp 17.5 and speed passion in there since I wasn't using
it anymore. Right now I have the 107 software on my esc since I was usin it in onroad but this will be my first venture into electric offroad. So any help I'd appreciate!
As recommended by Adam,the 205c or 205g seems to work best for offroad. "c" is smoother, "g'' more aggresive. I'm running 205c in my 2wd buggy w/ 13.5. Quite happy with it.
I have not had any feedback on the newer software. I've heard some are using 10/110 but I can't say from experience.

Rob...........

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.