Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Last edited by Zooberg; 03-06-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Zooberg
anyone??
What do you mean? SP is working on new stock software,,,just read back on this thread...we are all waiting for it to be released...

Old 03-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
What do you mean? SP is working on new stock software,,,just read back on this thread...we are all waiting for it to be released...

Okey Good
Old 03-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

I have just completed a couple of days testing with a Novak 13.5 SS geared at 4.5:1 on a 1/8th gas car on road track. I maxed out the DRRS and timing. I tried 3 software options - 110, 107 and 731 and got the following results:

110 - the car had good acceleration on 4.5:1 but was at top speed in a matter of metres. If I geared the car up it would start to bog down. The motor was only running at 35 degrees!! I would say this software would only be good for a tiny track.

107 - basically the same result as 110 but with a fraction more power.

731 - I tested this software because Cyande had good results on big tracks. In my opinion it was much quicker in a straight line than the other two software options and hit top speed much later. The motor only came off at 45 degrees after a 5 min run. My only gripe is that it is very slow off the line ( I think the programming needs a rethink on start up). I tried reducing the timming on the speedo just in case it had too much and this did not fix the problem but did reduce the cars top speed.

I think if speed passion used 731 as a base line with better start up software it would probably be quit fast. I would probably add more timing at a higher RPM too as it could still go faster and considering how cool the motor is, should be fine.

Regards
Michael Jones
Old 03-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
I have just completed a couple of days testing with a Novak 13.5 SS geared at 4.5:1 on a 1/8th gas car on road track. I maxed out the DRRS and timing. I tried 3 software options - 110, 107 and 731 and got the following results:

110 - the car had good acceleration on 4.5:1 but was at top speed in a matter of metres. If I geared the car up it would start to bog down. The motor was only running at 35 degrees!! I would say this software would only be good for a tiny track.

731 - I tested this software because Cyande had good results on big tracks. In my opinion it was much quicker in a straight line than the other two software options and hit top speed much later. The motor only came off at 45 degrees after a 5 min run. My only gripe is that it is very slow off the line ( I think the programming needs a rethink on start up). I tried reducing the timming on the speedo just in case it had too much and this did not fix the problem but did reduce the cars top speed.

I think if speed passion used 731 as a base line with better start up software it would probably be quit fast. I would probably add more timing at a higher RPM too as it could still go faster and considering how cool the motor is, should be fine.

Regards
Michael Jones
is 731 a stock based software??
Old 03-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Yep its on V1.32.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Addict

What kind of car did you test with, 1/8?
Will not work the same as a 1/10 TC, or?
Old 03-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Regards
Michael Jones
thats strange at those temps i would say you undergeared.
have you tried gearing up until your motor temp was around 65 deg/c ??
on 107 i geared my car till it got to temp and then loaded 110 and its been running great and a bit cooler and the same goes for my buddies esc's that i set.
Have not tried 731 though.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah its using an Xray touring car on a gas track. The reason the temps are really low is because it was around 20 degrees C air temp. Remember this testing is done with the Novak 13.5 motor. Who knows what would happen with other motors.

If I geared it for more top speed it would feel like its starting to bog down in my opinion. I went to 4.0 and it felt slower.

Mike
Old 03-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Firmware version with Torque Limit

Talk about Firmware again,
as the Firmware is not yet release, the performance to adjust like stock firmware is likely designed to away from the bugs, stutter at the edge of top end.

Here is more like the Improvement from Speed Passion.
So Without Changing the (best)Optimized Firmware that likely michael keep that one, it's will be like this one, interface bellow

yeah! Torque Limit.

This is the PC Interface.

it's like Changing the 110 and 107 Stock and 205g-Mod without changing the Firmware,
with still updatability Firmware in the future.

It's looks like Cirtix is in, hope GT will Follow, since it's on the same Speed Passion Product.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Tech Adept

Well I ran the 107 software this weekend, I didnt notice any speed increase over the 110 on our track, but I spent most of my day trying to get the motor back down to a resonable temperature. It was 3-5 degrees in the air with a cold wind-chill and the motor initially was coming off at 80 degrees C.

In the end I ended up with the following:

Punch( DRRS): 4
ATMS: 22.50 (one from top)
Mechanical Motor timing: 28 degrees
FDR: 4.85
Duo 2 17.5.

with this it was coming off around 65 degrees C. It was as fast as a GM120 and SPX (there were no Tekins or SXX stock specs), but it wasnt any quicker. So I think I still need to find the sweet spot to get a little more top end out of the motor, as the punch was good but just needed a little more top end - and everything i tried (apart from changing FDR) seemed to just add heat.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by irgo
Talk about Firmware again,
as the Firmware is not yet release, the performance to adjust like stock firmware is likely designed to away from the bugs, stutter at the edge of top end.

Here is more like the Improvement from Speed Passion.
So Without Changing the (best)Optimized Firmware that likely michael keep that one, it's will be like this one, interface bellow

yeah! Torque Limit.

This is the PC Interface.

it's like Changing the 110 and 107 Stock and 205g-Mod without changing the Firmware,
with still updatability Firmware in the future.

It's looks like Cirtix is in, hope GT will Follow, since it's on the same Speed Passion Product.

Well, I am getting tired of all the speculations, I would rather like to see the new software now....

Old 03-08-2010, 03:20 AM
Tech Addict

As mentioned, have been tired of the rumors here on the forum so I contacted King Golden directly and got this reply today.

"Dear customer,
Please note we are testing the new turbo software for our Speed Passion esc. We schedule to announce on our website this week. Please keep checking our website http://www.speedpassion.net/en/productDetails.asp?p=55, thanks.

Best Regards,
Max Ma"

Old 03-08-2010, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geubes
Well I ran the 107 software this weekend, I didnt notice any speed increase over the 110 on our track, but I spent most of my day trying to get the motor back down to a resonable temperature. It was 3-5 degrees in the air with a cold wind-chill and the motor initially was coming off at 80 degrees C.

In the end I ended up with the following:

Punch( DRRS): 4
ATMS: 22.50 (one from top)
Mechanical Motor timing: 28 degrees
FDR: 4.85
Duo 2 17.5.

with this it was coming off around 65 degrees C. It was as fast as a GM120 and SPX (there were no Tekins or SXX stock specs), but it wasnt any quicker. So I think I still need to find the sweet spot to get a little more top end out of the motor, as the punch was good but just needed a little more top end - and everything i tried (apart from changing FDR) seemed to just add heat.
Dial down motor timing.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

As mentioned, have been tired of the rumors here on the forum so I contacted King Golden directly and got this reply today.

"Dear customer,
Please note we are testing the new turbo software for our Speed Passion esc. We schedule to announce on our website this week. Please keep checking our website http://www.speedpassion.net/en/productDetails.asp?p=55, thanks.

Best Regards,
Max Ma"

This Week ? , Turbo ?

whynot at This Link ?
http://www.speedpassion.net/en/productDetails.asp?p=65

and
The Cirtix is not a rumors, now it's being Preordered.
and some of them will be late to distribute, perhaps, Shawn Palmer already Tobe Delivered that one. Since He is The KG USA NOW!.
and the one who Soo into the Cirtix (Motor Mostly),
and i know Shawn will not bring rumors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.