The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sammies
so what am i doing wrong on my setup?

FDR?

am concerned with temps... here in singapore, its about 30 degrees in the day... do not have a temp gun... but with my current setup... the 'finger test' tells me motor is running quite hot... will be looking to get a temp gun to get a definitive answer on what temps i'm getting...

what about recalibrating the esc? my KO EX-5UR has throttle EPA up to only 100... should i recalibrate it at stock setting (70) then adjust it to 100 after that? will that help?
Give it a try. I use the Airtronics M11. Default is 100. Set esc, recalibrate transmitter, then turn it up to 140. A dramatic difference all the way up the range.

Definately need to check the temp with a reliable gauge. I thought the same as you with the finger. Was'nt as hot as I thought. Actually your nose is a better gauge It'll let you know if the smoke is about to get out.

Rob.....

Rob........
Old 02-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Schumacher Racing have announced that their USA office will close at the end of February 2010, after 20 years in Tampa, Florida.

However this is by no means the end of Schumacher’s presence in USA as Schumacher’s biggest dealers in North America have committed to supporting the change and will be buying products directly from the UK head office. This means that the full product range of cars, parts and accessories will continue to be available at major hobby stores.

Schumacher are offering reasonable prices and a UPS express 2 day delivery service from UK to USA. The Core brand of RC accessories will also be supplied in the same way.

Schumacher have some exciting new releases planned, such as the new CougarSV 2wd buggy and look like becoming a stronger force at USA tracks.

We would like to thank the SchumacherUSA staff of Shawn Palmer, Adam Bailey, and Diane Kozolowski for all the hard work they have put in over the last few years and wish them well for the future.”

For North American dealer enquiries contact [email protected] or telephone 011 44 1604 790580.

Robin Schumacher
Managing Director
Schumacher Racing
www.racing-cars.com
Old 02-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
Schumacher Racing have announced that their USA office will close at the end of February 2010, after 20 years in Tampa, Florida.

However this is by no means the end of Schumacher’s presence in USA as Schumacher’s biggest dealers in North America have committed to supporting the change and will be buying products directly from the UK head office. This means that the full product range of cars, parts and accessories will continue to be available at major hobby stores.

Schumacher are offering reasonable prices and a UPS express 2 day delivery service from UK to USA. The Core brand of RC accessories will also be supplied in the same way.

Schumacher have some exciting new releases planned, such as the new CougarSV 2wd buggy and look like becoming a stronger force at USA tracks.

We would like to thank the SchumacherUSA staff of Shawn Palmer, Adam Bailey, and Diane Kozolowski for all the hard work they have put in over the last few years and wish them well for the future.”

For North American dealer enquiries contact [email protected] or telephone 011 44 1604 790580.

Robin Schumacher
Managing Director
Schumacher Racing
www.racing-cars.com
Dont tell me your letting these guys go "Mr. Director." Looks like I may be switching to TEKIN.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Dont tell me your letting these guys go "Mr. Director." Looks like I may be switching to TEKIN.
Speed Passion was conspicuous by its' absence from the note there, maybe the 'current' Schumacher group will be keeping hold of the SP Brand in the US? Dunno Adam did say watch this space though......
Old 02-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion Shawn Palmer and Adam Bailey

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert

Robin Schumacher
Managing Director
Schumacher Racing
www.racing-cars.com

Oh no, Shawn has been great person to help on Speed Passion,
Where is he, will be ?

And how is this thread without him and adam ?
Who will Respond Directly from Speed Passion ?

Dynamic is Shawn Palmer. experience for us.

Slotless sensored motor is So Shawn to the ROAR.

Shawn you must explain to us here , whats next experience ?

“I couldn’t be happier with the company and all the excellent people involved with Schumacher Inc. I have very high expectations regarding an organization’s overall integrity and history of customer service and Schumacher exceeds all of those expectations. And my experience with ultra high power systems and Schumacher’s superior vehicle design has now opened up possibilities for the future that are truly frightening!” – Shawn Palmer
Old 02-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Does this effect SP USA in any way?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

When they have information to release (which I thought was yesterday) they'll let everyone know and I'll personally drop the info in here for you guys.

Give it a couple days, there's a ton of stuff going on right now
Old 02-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Thats Great news, maybe then i can keep up with the Tekins
Old 02-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

yeah, i need something here for my current Speed Passion GT2.0's as if from what I am understanding how the 107 software works in 1/12, The Tekin's are just on another level.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Cain
yeah, i need something here for my current Speed Passion GT2.0's as if from what I am understanding how the 107 software works in 1/12, The Tekin's are just on another level.
Real men run 2S
Old 02-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Then we got a bunch of burly women out here with adam's apples as 1/12 is very popular.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Cain
Then we got a bunch of burly women out here with adam's apples as 1/12 is very popular.
steamy
Old 02-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone have a lead time on the Cirtix motors? In particular the 5500 and 8000kv versions that will be coming later on.

I'm guessing these will be compatible with all current brushless speedo's or there would be much point in releasing them but what about the wind limit on some esc's. Example the LPF has a 5.5t lower limit, could it run the 8000kv motor given that it runs cooler and with less amp draw?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Conrad
Does anyone have a lead time on the Cirtix motors? In particular the 5500 and 8000kv versions that will be coming later on.

I'm guessing these will be compatible with all current brushless speedo's or there would be much point in releasing them but what about the wind limit on some esc's. Example the LPF has a 5.5t lower limit, could it run the 8000kv motor given that it runs cooler and with less amp draw?
looks to be into March
Old 02-23-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by sammies
so what am i doing wrong on my setup?

FDR?

am concerned with temps... here in singapore, its about 30 degrees in the day... do not have a temp gun... but with my current setup... the 'finger test' tells me motor is running quite hot... will be looking to get a temp gun to get a definitive answer on what temps i'm getting...

what about recalibrating the esc? my KO EX-5UR has throttle EPA up to only 100... should i recalibrate it at stock setting (70) then adjust it to 100 after that? will that help?
fdr is final drive ratio you need a temp gun to check im runnin about 135 indoors 50 degrees on carpet the re cal on your radio will only make your throttle less linear and wont help do you have the new 107 program in your esc its a little faster than the 110

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.