Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi, I want to try Speed Passion Competition 3 - 10.5R motor.
I have questions:
1. It has vent holes to help desipitate heat. But will it allow dust
and debris to enter the motor and damage it? Or the dirt wont reach the rotor
and the inside of the stator? or Im better off with the Sportsman range of
motors since it is more protected.

2. Can I rotate the sensor port so it sticks out higher so it wont get disengaged
when its lower and prone to hit things? My car is a T2 2009.

3. If you rotate it by hand, does it has strong resistance like the ones in LRP and Novak? Or is it smooth and light.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:22 PM
TEM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by abailey21
I found this on a fluke

In the prototype stages of the 2.0 I noticed my LPF was running really hot (180) on average.

My friends asked where my EPA's were, I said 100% because the 1.1's hated being anything OTHER than 100%.

My buddy Matt jumped my EPA's to 150% on my DX3R and I gained a few things.

1. My temps averaged about 110 degrees after the switch, (from 180ish).
2. I gained a higher top speed
3. the overall feel of the ESC was smoother.
4.My motor temps dropped about 15-30 degrees
5. I had stronger brakes

It was a 110% improvement and honestly it was a fluke that Matty found it
It's not that I don't believe you cause I haven't tested it myself, but I can't come to explaining it rationally. Assuming your ESC registers full throttle at 100% EPA, then at full trigger; it registers 100% power. If you crank it to 120% (per say, if your EPA limit is 120%), when your trigger is pressed to 83% (100/120), then the ESC will register 100% power and output 100% to the motor. When you squeeze the trigger beyond 83% and up to full trigger; that should technically be dead band, same concept as with the brakes.

That's unless the ESC was designed to incorporate this feature to register something different than it's output. And in that case; wouldn't it mean if someone had a radio that maxed at 150% vs someone with one that does 120% have different results? Therefore, if you had a 120% radio; you would set your EPA to 80% to calibrate your radio and ESC, then crank it up to 120% to simulate the effect of going from 100% for calibration then cranking it to 150% on a 150% radio?
Old 01-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
I always calibrate at 100% like the instructions say, afterwards I will bump my EPA's to the maxed out setting, mines 120%, yours is 150%
That will make you have proportional throttle control for the first 80% of your trigger movement. From 80-100% all you have is full throttle no matter where the trigger is. This might make your cars very hard to drive...hint...hint
Old 01-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

After calibration increasing the end point just a bit is a good idea seeing some radios dont give a consistant full throttle signal.
But having a large difference as mentioned will give a bit of dead band or a lot if you set at 100% and then make the radio 150%.

I noticed with the KO radios that when calibrating hold full throttle but with light pressure, if you dont then it doesnt see or stay on full throttle a lot of the time.
This was very irratating untill i helped the guys out and told them to increase end point and the hassle went away.

On my SANWA i havent had the issue but my sons Futaba 3pm i set at just below 100% and after calibration i increase to 100%
Old 01-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Please Speed Passion we need a new boost program so we can keep up !!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

its coming
Old 01-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default SpeedPassion GT 2 Recalibrate

Speed Passion Should release new software
to save/Backup/Restore The Firmware,
So we don't need to Recalibrate.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I don't see what the big deal is to re-calibrate your radio once you change the firmware. It takes what 10 seconds? Your in the pits anyway and you have to do it with the Tekin also so what's the big deal?
Old 01-26-2010, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default SpeedPassion GT 2 Recalibrate

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I don't see what the big deal is to re-calibrate your radio once you change the firmware. It takes what 10 seconds? Your in the pits anyway and you have to do it with the Tekin also so what's the big deal?
you might be right,

But

10 Seconds is worth for some people
who would not want to make mistake.
if you change and try around 2 firmware
it would be 20 Seconds worth,
and could be more.

So my suggestion is

add option to save/Backup/Restore The Firmware,
Old 01-26-2010, 03:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo
you might be right,

But

10 Seconds is worth for some people
who would not want to make mistake.
if you change and try around 2 firmware
it would be 20 Seconds worth,
and could be more.

So my suggestion is

add option to save/Backup/Restore The Firmware,
Your option does not make any sense to me, your basically asking SpeedPassion to put more memory room on the esc so that with each firmware change it saves the calibration of the radio is that spot. Well how many times do you think people will change firmwares and then how much memory space will need to made available on the board, then how will you access that memory to restore it to active status. Leave it the way it is and recalibrate. Your asking for more headaches with your request in my opinion. It already takes more than ten seconds to plug the esc into the LCD Programmer and then to your netbook to change the firmware. 4 Button presses and the calibration is done.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:18 AM
TEM
Tech Regular

You guys are missing the point here.. I think we've already established that we have to re-calibrate the radio after firmware upgrade here.

The issue is why recalibrate it with 100% EPA, then turning up EPA to MAX (ie 120 or 150%) AFTER calibration.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
its coming
indeed... GT 2.1 Pro Stock
Old 01-26-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by veecee
Pretty, eh?

Old 01-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Your option does not make any sense to me, your basically asking SpeedPassion to put more memory room on the esc so that with each firmware change it saves the calibration of the radio is that spot. Well how many times do you think people will change firmwares and then how much memory space will need to made available on the board, then how will you access that memory to restore it to active status. Leave it the way it is and recalibrate. Your asking for more headaches with your request in my opinion. It already takes more than ten seconds to plug the esc into the LCD Programmer and then to your netbook to change the firmware. 4 Button presses and the calibration is done.
Not exactly....additional memory should not be required on the ESC. All that is needed is a one time calibration with a radio and then have the PC/software to read the settings for idle/max/brake in the ESC and then use those settings when writing a new firmware version into the ESC. Should be possible for SP to implement.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:22 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

so, are the GT2.0s able to get the turbo feature as the GT2.1?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.