R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo

So, Speedpassion 4 latest version on GT2.0
Speedpassion GT 2.0 PRO Carbon Black Edition
Speedpassion GT 2.0 LPF Carbon Black Edition
Speedpassion GT 2.0 PRO Blue Star Edition
Speedpassion GT 2.0 LPF Blue Star Edition
Is the same and the diffrences is just between LPF and PRO for GT 2.0.

Could Speedpassion GT1.1 pocket sized programming box/card work's on Speedpassion GT2.0 ESC ?
The difference between the blue and carbon ESC's are only the color, the difference between the LPF and Pro is the motor limit on the LPF. And yes the 1.1 programming box will work fine on the 2.0 ESC's

Originally Posted by cosmo1974
Hi,

(1) The TEKIN RS (with say 10.5T BL + Boost) has an acknowledged high speed braking issue. It is only obvious when taking a tight corner, at end of a long straight, usually on large tracks (were talking ~200' straight, ~1000' track length, and modified 4/4.5T BL speeds).

(2) Does the SP GT Pro 2 have any braking issues (under like conditions) ?

(3) Will the SP GT Pro 2 work satisfactorily with the TEKIN 10.5T BL Redline ?

Thanks in advance
I haven't seen any braking issues with any of the 2.0 ESC's, and I haven't heard anything negative about using a Tekin motor with the SP ESC's at all, as a matter a fact I hear a lot of guys really like the combo
Old 07-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
I haven't seen any braking issues with any of the 2.0 ESC's, and I haven't heard anything negative about using a Tekin motor with the SP ESC's at all, as a matter a fact I hear a lot of guys really like the combo
(1) Thanks for the feedback. I'm running in sensored mode and I'm assuming thats standard.

(2) The TEKIN RS has a Boost (dynamic timing advance) capability which kicks in once the car is off the line & down the straight (giving max torque off the line, and max speed in the straight).

(3) I'm assuming the SP GT 2 Pro has something similar in the AMTS system. I could not find anything detailed on the SP website. Are you able to provide some details on this timing system and any similarities (or otherwise) with the TEKIN RS ?

Thanks
Old 07-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hi,

(1) The TEKIN RS (with say 10.5T BL + Boost) has an acknowledged high speed braking issue. It is only obvious when taking a tight corner, at end of a long straight, usually on large tracks (were talking ~200' straight, ~1000' track length, and modified 4/4.5T BL speeds).

(2) Does the SP GT Pro 2 have any braking issues (under like conditions) ?

(3) Will the SP GT Pro 2 work satisfactorily with the TEKIN 10.5T BL Redline ?

Thanks in advance
I have run the tekin 10.5 with the GT2.0 Pro and the LPF2.0 it works fine however the speedpassion 10.5 has more power and is more forgiving if your gearing is not quite right.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bluephi1914
Yes.. I was actually able to goto my track today. The 312 has more top end and punch than the 205g .... but there are no brakes.
Can you expand on "no brakes".
I'm assuming you mean "not enough" brakes, but only under certain conditions.
Can you please describe the conditions where braking is an issue.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

When using a 10.5T BL with max timing, is there any advantage of the SP GT2 PRO over the SP GT2 LPF ?

Cheers
Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

When using a 10.5T BL with max timing, is there any advantage of the SP GT2 PRO over the SP GT2 LPF ?

Cheers
Short answer, NO lol
Old 07-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I asked you "Compared to what?"

Your questions asks if "insert anything here" would be good for stock racing compared to the GT 2.0.

The answer is; what are you comparing it to?
yes compared to the 2.0.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Cheers
Originally Posted by TeckLancer
yes compared to the 2.0.
IMHO the 2.0 LPF will be your best bet because it performs as well as the GT2 Pro in higher turn applications and leaves more money in your pocket at the end of the day. If you are going to run low turn motors, then bite the bullet now and get the Pro.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Which software do you recommend for mod racing? Is there any '323' software?
Old 07-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speedpassion GT 2.0 Program Card

The difference between the blue and carbon ESC's are only the color, the difference between the LPF and Pro is the motor limit on the LPF. And yes the 1.1 programming box will work fine on the 2.0 ESC's

GREAT!
So if i Use 1.1 programming box on 2.0 ESC's,
can i use basic setting 10. Motor Type, and of course 10(2) or 10(3) Brushed motor ?
Old 07-14-2009, 11:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

GREAT!
So if i Use 1.1 programming box on 2.0 ESC's,
can i use basic setting 10. Motor Type, and of course 10(2) or 10(3) Brushed motor ?

I mis-spoke about using the 1.1 programming box with the 2.0 ESC, the box has different options in different locations so the 1.1 box WILL NOT WORK with the 2.0 ESC's.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speedpassion GT 2.0 Program Card

I mis-spoke about using the 1.1 programming box with the 2.0 ESC, the box has different options in different locations so the 1.1 box WILL NOT WORK with the 2.0 ESC's.

Gothca adam, i am disapointed now,

i thought Speedpassion was a revolution as it box say's
infact it's not, i can call it Speedpassion is regression.

i am very disapointed, and now i already got that Speedpassion GT2.0prob ESC.

i am also think that you are just answering by seeing the label, which never been testing, the programming box 1.1 on 2.0 ESC.

but thank's for your help.
i have alot of hope on Speedpassion, but i just dissapointed.

as i understand any brushless ESC was supposed to be able to be brush ESC. while brush ESC is not possible to be brushless ESC.
those are very basic knowledge,
hope Speedpassion will listen on this, why would need LCD, if i can't change the firmware, on GT2.0 to be able to wear brush motor.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Gothca adam, i am disapointed now,

i thought Speedpassion was a revolution as it box say's
infact it's not, i can call it Speedpassion is regression.

i am verry disapointed, and now i already got that Speedpassion GT2.0prob ESC.

i am also think that you are just answering by seeing the label, which never been testing, the programming box 1.1 on 2.0 ESC.

but thank's for your help.
i have alot of hope on Speedpassion, but i just dissapointed.

as i understand any brushless ESC was supposed to be able to be brush ESC. while brush ESC is not possible to be brushless ESC.
those are verry basic knowledge,
hope Speedpassion will listen on this, why would need LCD, if i can't change the firmware, on GT2.0 to be able to wear brush motor.

Unfortunately you understanding of "Any brushless ESC was supposed to be able to run Brush" is incorrect, as I have been told companies put the brushed motor capability into brushless ESC's so you as the user can make a step transition into brushless. We decided to take that option out of our new ESC's because VERY FEW people still use brushed motors, and those that do normally run abrushed specific ESC because of the size and the fact they are already very familiar with the product.

Since we started carrying the Speed Passion products in the United States I have spoke to 2 people that used brushed motors with our brushless ESC's and we have many more than that on the market. It did not make sense for us to include the older technology in our new ESC when we as a company are trying to move forward and embrace the future of this hobby, not hold onto the past
Old 07-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Unfortunately you understanding of "Any brushless ESC was supposed to be able to run Brush" is incorrect, as I have been told companies put the brushed motor capability into brushless ESC's so you as the user can make a step transition into brushless. We decided to take that option out of our new ESC's because VERY FEW people still use brushed motors, and those that do normally run abrushed specific ESC because of the size and the fact they are already very familiar with the product.

Since we started carrying the Speed Passion products in the United States I have spoke to 2 people that used brushed motors with our brushless ESC's and we have many more than that on the market. It did not make sense for us to include the older technology in our new ESC when we as a company are trying to move forward and embrace the future of this hobby, not hold onto the past

I agree for those move forward reason.

if older technology is not make sense,
10 July is the birth of nikola tesla, who developed commutators,
and now we are sayin it's older technology,
what about Wireless Power that suggested by Speedpassion,
it's not new technology anyway,
which both come from nikola tesla,
Newer technology doesnt have to leave older technology while it's still possible.
where older technology was on the brushed motor, and the newer is the brushless motor.
But the brushless ESC it self is the new technology i believe, on micro controllers
it still possible to use the brushed motor,

As we know there are two Wiring method to use Brushed motor
With reverse and without reverse,
those was supposed to be simply to add on micro controllers, by only change the way it work's, which, Brushed ESC mode is the simplest way method,
and it will work's on same chips.
by only change the software, or so called firmware.

So, if were goin to newest technology, and want to use USB technology
i supposed Speedpassion Should be able to add firmware to work's on brushed motors.

AS resistance on Brushless ESC can be reduced, 2 times to 3 times when using Brushed Wiring method.

why would need USB plug, right ?

if firmware/software able to do the work, that's what's so called new technology.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I agree for those move forward reason.

if older technology is not make sense,
10 July is the birth of nikola tesla, who developed commutators,
and now we are sayin it's older technology,
what about Wireless Power that suggested by Speedpassion,
it's not new technology anyway,
which both come from nikola tesla,
Newer technology doesnt have to leave older technology while it's still possible.
where older technology was on the brushed motor, and the newer is the brushless motor.
But the brushless ESC it self is the new technology i believe, on micro controllers
it still possible to use the brushed motor,

As we know there are two Wiring method to use Brushed motor
With reverse and without reverse,
those was supposed to be simply to add on micro controllers, by only change the way it work's, which, Brushed ESC mode is the simplest way method,
and it will work's on same chips.
by only change the software, or so called firmware.

So, if were goin to newest technology, and want to use USB technology
i supposed Speedpassion Should be able to add firmware to work's on brushed motors.

AS resistance on Brushless ESC can be reduced, 2 times to 3 times when using Brushed Wiring method.

why would need USB plug, right ?

if firmware/software able to do the work, that's what's so called new technology.

Dude, I'm not gonna sit here and nit pick back and forth with you, I'm sorry that you assumed our ESC would run a brushed motor when in fact it does not.

We have no plans on adding brushed motor functionality in our 2.0 line of ESC's, or any of the future products we design and release.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.