Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
personally, I would like Speed Passion to do like Castle did (maybe still does, been awhile) where you get a voucher to order the LED programmer for free, or pay some more for upgrade. To me was kind of a nice thank you for buying the product new. And since they didn't come with the USB cable, it wasn't heavy etc to ship.
The only ESC that does not come with a programmer card is the Reventon Stock Club Race....it is simply the reason we want to keep it low cost. Also, alot of the track owner want the ESC does not have the programmer card included because they will simply purchase 5 of those card separately and let customer to adjust it and thats it...

99% of the time they just set up the ESC with the brake and lipo cutoff and will run the ESC like that for the rest of the time...will never touch the card again. I have alot of customer asking me can we buy back all the LED and LCD card that they have laying around the table and kinda letting us know that including the card to each of the single ESC that we sell is kinda waste...
Old 11-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Really don't have enough information to figure out why it will break down like that...it is electronics afterall. Send the warranty service request to RcMart and have them to replace you a new unit.
Thanks Solara, I'll do that
Old 11-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is it possible to run Stock1 profile on a Reventon S?
Is Stock1 profile Blinky legal?
What is the difference between the Reventon R & Reventon Pro?

Using the LED card:
I was reading the reventon series manual, it says that for a Reventon Stock Club ESC, you can only used the LED programming card standalone and you cannot connect it to the PC via USB to change the Stock0 settings?

Also, just want to make sure, when I use my LED programming card for a Stock Club ESC, I will disconnect it from the battery and connect it to the LED card, where will it get its power?

thanks!
Old 11-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just a curiosity question has anyone had the v3 motor let go and catch a reventon pro esc on fire
I am just wondering cause it happened to me
Old 11-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Solara
The only ESC that does not come with a programmer card is the Reventon Stock Club Race....it is simply the reason we want to keep it low cost. Also, alot of the track owner want the ESC does not have the programmer card included because they will simply purchase 5 of those card separately and let customer to adjust it and thats it...
So are you saying that the "Reventon S" is supposed to come with the program card?
Because RCMart is not supplying them with the kits, its an option.
Are they pulling them out and trying to sell them for extra?
Old 11-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Can a reventonln pro be run in 12th scale on 3.7 with a booster or rx pack?
Old 11-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
Yes.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrockvilleRC
Just a curiosity question has anyone had the v3 motor let go and catch a reventon pro esc on fire
I am just wondering cause it happened to me
Funny you should say that, I bought a S and it came with a V3 3500KV motor. The S is rated to a 9.5T motor, and it broke down in its first race. Wonder if its anything to do with the motor ? My other S works fine with a 17.5T with timing.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Got in some racing VTA action this past weekend. Was quite fun, forgot how much fun VTA was.

One thing I had to play around with was the motor configuration versus gearing. Initially I started the motor at bone stock out of the box timing setting, black board at the 4.0 FDR.

this had great torque, but no top end. I could basically cruise the entire track at almost full throttle and this was not a big track. Motors (mine and daughters) can off cool to the touch.

So I went ahead and tried going with a bigger pinion for more top end and upped the timing to max on my vehicle, same board. This got me a bit more top end speed, but now I had no guts down low.

Finally decided to try going with more timing on the motor itself based on what I read in the GT2.0 Supercharger manual and then gearing lower, similar to what i was doing in boosted classes once. My FDR was about 4.2 but I went 20 degrees of timing with the green timing board (or red board maxed out? can't recall).

This really woke up the car. I had much more top end, easily the top end like one of the fast guys had and still had lots of punch down low.

Was able to almost win the b main but my gem of a daughter spun me out at the last few laps lol. Was cute. Temps were low as well.

Think I may place with dropping in the yellow timing board retarded fully, so starting at 30 degrees timing and maybe go a tooth or 2 smaller on the pinion.

Anyone else going this route?
Old 11-18-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Solara (or anyone else) - I did a search but couldnt find exactly what I was looking for.

I'm running stock touring car with a Reventon Pro and MMM 17.5.
Settings right now on Xray T4 are 96/50 (64p) with 20* timing.
Car is plenty fast in the strait and I have played with different pinions. Obviously I'm maxed out in timing unless I buy the next board up for 20-30, which I'm going to anyway. Motor temps are anywhere from 117 to mid 120's, so pretty cool. I want more torque.

Which rotor part number should I get?

I am switching cars from the Xray before the next race, so gearing will be a little different, but I'm still after the torque as our track has a technical middle section that I can make up a lot of time in.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bd581
So are you saying that the "Reventon S" is supposed to come with the program card?
Because RCMart is not supplying them with the kits, its an option.
Are they pulling them out and trying to sell them for extra?
That is what RCMART doing...they decide to sell them separately.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
I know it work on booster pack...and I think it will work Rx pack.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by archerwin
Is it possible to run Stock1 profile on a Reventon S?
Is Stock1 profile Blinky legal?
What is the difference between the Reventon R & Reventon Pro?

Using the LED card:
I was reading the reventon series manual, it says that for a Reventon Stock Club ESC, you can only used the LED programming card standalone and you cannot connect it to the PC via USB to change the Stock0 settings?

Also, just want to make sure, when I use my LED programming card for a Stock Club ESC, I will disconnect it from the battery and connect it to the LED card, where will it get its power?

thanks!
No...not on S.

Stock1 is not blinky...so it is not legal. STOCK0 is blinky.

Reventon R is 70A, Reventon PRO is 140A esc.

Reventon STOCK CLUB RACE is built in blinky software out from the mfr. you cannot CHANGE to other software because it will not be connected to the computer. It designed to do spec racing without the capability to connect to computer...to prevent others to alter the ESC/program.

When you use the LED card to adjust the esc parameter, you must use the lipo to power up the system...OR...you can get a 6V receiver pack and power up the LED card...there is a power input port on the LED card...with that, you do not need the LIPO pack to power the whole system. You DO NOT want to have both powered the system or you will have a fancy firework show on your hand.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Styles
Solara (or anyone else) - I did a search but couldnt find exactly what I was looking for.

I'm running stock touring car with a Reventon Pro and MMM 17.5.
Settings right now on Xray T4 are 96/50 (64p) with 20* timing.
Car is plenty fast in the strait and I have played with different pinions. Obviously I'm maxed out in timing unless I buy the next board up for 20-30, which I'm going to anyway. Motor temps are anywhere from 117 to mid 120's, so pretty cool. I want more torque.

Which rotor part number should I get?

I am switching cars from the Xray before the next race, so gearing will be a little different, but I'm still after the torque as our track has a technical middle section that I can make up a lot of time in.
I had the super 7 rotor 12.5mm in my 17.5 MMM but it came apart at one edge, really sucked as its not a cheap part.

Very torquey though, I would recommend it if that is what you are looking for.

one thing you could try in a pinch without buying the board first would in theory be using your ESCs timing features to simulate the timing board effect. So, may start your timing ramp at 0 RPM so you get the same kind of timing effect, then select a given timing setting (or there may be another way to just do this with normally timing settings, not sure). From there, pick the value you want to try, adjust your gearing to a higher FDR and see how it feels.

That is at least what I would try before buying the board so you don't get one you don't use as they are not cheap lol.

Solara: Will there be a timing board in the future that covers all ranges that will work with the V3.0 and MMM motors or will this be only a V4 feature?
Old 11-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain
Solara: Will there be a timing board in the future that covers all ranges that will work with the V3.0 and MMM motors or will this be only a V4 feature?
It is physically impossible to have only 1 board in the V3 motor with the plug system. The plug blocking the sensor board for doing a 360 turn...

V4 will have a better design on that and will possibly using only 1 board going from 25-45 degrees as that is the most wildly used timing for stock/spec motor turns....Mod motor will have lower degrees in timing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.