Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Hi Guys, Does the reventon stock club race esc work with 1 cell lipo (3.7v) or will I need a voltage booster?
Old 11-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bd581
My Father has just bought a Revention S ESC. Installed in the car (3racing F113) set it up, no brakes, no drag, nothing.
Luckily I have a Revention Pro with the set-up card and we could use it to get the brakes to work.
So my question is, is there a way of setting up the ESC to adjust brakes?
We aren't exactly new to RC cars (32 years and over 100 cars in the fleet) he just can't work it out. Or does it NEED the settings card to adjust the profile?
If so, why is it sold without one?
(1) I thought you said you do have a Reventon PRO LCD card for him to use...you can give him one.

(2) If you read thru the manual, you can adjust the brake and other feature of the stock club race ESC by using the programming button on the switch. Not the easiest or fastest way to do setting, but that is the way to do it...

(3) To keep the cost down.....leaving the customer the option to buy one if he choose to. Some customer has more then one stock club race and if the LED card come with it, he will ended up having several card when he just need is one.

A new LED card is less then $15 USD or you can buy a LCD card from those that has Reventon PRO if they have more then 1 to spare...
Old 11-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Qatmix
Hi Guys, Does the reventon stock club race esc work with 1 cell lipo (3.7v) or will I need a voltage booster?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/12660347-post12141.html

He claimed he got that to work via Hobbyking voltage booster...I cannot get one of those booster as they are out of stock. Otherwise, I can try it and confirm the testing....but I believe he does get that to work via his setup on the above link...give it a shot.

One thing I know...not all voltage booster will work with Reventon series ESC and somehow he found this one that will work. So don't buy any voltage booster and expect they all work the same. I know I have 3-4 other brand voltage booster and none of those work with my Reventon S, R and Stock Club Race...
Old 11-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Solara: Whatever ever happened to that Cirtix R8 ESC or whatever it was called?

As for the brakes on the Reventon Stock club, once I turned mine up on the ESC they felt great. I am suprised out of the box they are turned down so much.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain
Solara: Whatever ever happened to that Cirtix R8 ESC or whatever it was called?

As for the brakes on the Reventon Stock club, once I turned mine up on the ESC they felt great. I am suprised out of the box they are turned down so much.
Actually we are going to have the MFR to set the brake to 100% on our new batch of ESC...........however, we just can't have everyone happy about the brake setting. I am sure once we have changed that to 100% there will be email coming to me and asking why the brake is that heavy.....

Cirtix is gone...no more. The next 1/8th ESC should be a waterproof 1/8th unit by Reventon...but again, we are still working on the design right now.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Solara
Actually we are going to have the MFR to set the brake to 100% on our new batch of ESC...........however, we just can't have everyone happy about the brake setting. I am sure once we have changed that to 100% there will be email coming to me and asking why the brake is that heavy.....

Cirtix is gone...no more. The next 1/8th ESC should be a waterproof 1/8th unit by Reventon...but again, we are still working on the design right now.
is the Silver Arrow V3 dead too, the 1/5 one?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thank you Howard and everyone at Speed Passion for taking the time replying to pm's and emails. Any issues I had have been taken care if and I greatly appreciate it!
Old 11-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Solara
(1) I thought you said you do have a Reventon PRO LCD card for him to use...you can give him one.

(2) If you read thru the manual, you can adjust the brake and other feature of the stock club race ESC by using the programming button on the switch. Not the easiest or fastest way to do setting, but that is the way to do it...

(3) To keep the cost down.....leaving the customer the option to buy one if he choose to. Some customer has more then one stock club race and if the LED card come with it, he will ended up having several card when he just need is one.

A new LED card is less then $15 USD or you can buy a LCD card from those that has Reventon PRO if they have more then 1 to spare...
1. I did say that, and i did give it to him to use and it solved the issue.
2. The ESC is a reventon S, not a stock club. He did try the push button, count lights thing. Didn't work
3. That I understand.

the shop we purchased from did offer to sell him a LCD card "at a special price, $4 off" which was through ebay and $4 off is equal to his retail shop price. Sorry, not pulling that one over us. He then said to send it back, well postage is about half the cost of a new one from Australia. He then offered to refund freight cost, but by his emails, very little trust that would happen.
Between Dad and I we had another $1500 worth of orders ready to go, he misses out now.

However, once set up, quite a good ESC, but it is stupidly complex to set up and the manual far from the best i've seen.
Just a little feedback, I'd hate to see someone who has never had an RC car try to figure it out
Old 11-08-2013, 06:29 AM
Tech Legend

personally, I would like Speed Passion to do like Castle did (maybe still does, been awhile) where you get a voucher to order the LED programmer for free, or pay some more for upgrade. To me was kind of a nice thank you for buying the product new. And since they didn't come with the USB cable, it wasn't heavy etc to ship.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ill have to try my stock club race out again now that ive had a chance to figure out my motor some. Managed 50 laps with he hobbywing v3.1 esc so maybe ill pull that and run same car settings with the stock club.
I kinda wish the servo lead connectors faced the other way though.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey speed passion friends, just got a stock speed passion 13.5t and esc. It came out of a RTR desc210. Is there a way to take it out of blinky mode?
Old 11-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain
is the Silver Arrow V3 dead too, the 1/5 one?
Reventon XL will be the next 1/8th ESC...and 1/5th, yes, it is over....no market there.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Airlmeier4422
Hey speed passion friends, just got a stock speed passion 13.5t and esc. It came out of a RTR desc210. Is there a way to take it out of blinky mode?
No, that ESC is a Cirtix Stock club race and blinky is the only program inside that ESC....
Old 11-09-2013, 03:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Message for Solara

I have a Speed Passion Reventon S which I had loads of problems with when I first bought it, but quite like it now (apart from an intermittent problem with the reverse !). I bought another in a package from RCMart and in its first race the speed controller broke down. I've reloaded the firmware and re-set up the ESC but apart from an initial burst of power, the car slows right down to a stand still and doesn't go again. Any idea what the problem could be ? It's really affecting my confidence in Speed Passion products.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 32819toon
Message for Solara

I have a Speed Passion Reventon S which I had loads of problems with when I first bought it, but quite like it now (apart from an intermittent problem with the reverse !). I bought another in a package from RCMart and in its first race the speed controller broke down. I've reloaded the firmware and re-set up the ESC but apart from an initial burst of power, the car slows right down to a stand still and doesn't go again. Any idea what the problem could be ? It's really affecting my confidence in Speed Passion products.
Really don't have enough information to figure out why it will break down like that...it is electronics afterall. Send the warranty service request to RcMart and have them to replace you a new unit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.