Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Solder

Are the wire leads soldered with a special type of solder? I want to change them but my iron will not melt the solder. Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 07-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
My Reventon Pro lost all timing functions during a run today and now it smells funny. Third time I´m using it. My MMM 4.5R, brand new, also failed. When I opened it up I saw that the rotor was broken. It just stopped on the track. This must be a warranty issue, never had this happen before. I bought the combo pack from RC-Mushroom. Where do I send it it; North America or Asia?
Originally Posted by cwoods34
What rotor and sensor board? And what software on the ESC? My friend and I have had a couple of rotors come apart (magnet came unglued from shaft) but its only been the red capped 12.5 ones. I've been running my Reventon Pro with a 4.5 and boost a number of times and it hasn't had any issues, even popping a motor wire loose once or twice..... So I would agree that it should be a warranty issue. I've never seen damage done to the ESC when a motor fails, though.... I haven't ordered through Mushroom so can't ya there, sorry.
Yes....contact the SP HK headquarter and they will be able to handle this warranty issue.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertottius
Are the wire leads soldered with a special type of solder? I want to change them but my iron will not melt the solder. Anybody have any suggestions?
No special solder. What wattage iron are you using? What type of tip is in the iron? If the iron tip is too small it will not store a lot of heat and will cool quickly when trying to solder. You really need to have an iron with enough wattage so that you do not need to hold the heat on the connection too long trying to unsolder the wires.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
No special solder. What wattage iron are you using? What type of tip is in the iron? If the iron tip is too small it will not store a lot of heat and will cool quickly when trying to solder. You really need to have an iron with enough wattage so that you do not need to hold the heat on the connection too long trying to unsolder the wires.

That's what I figured. I do have a small tip on there. Thanks!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Reventon Pro: has anyone else had the RED LED go off during operation? All I can find in the documentation is that under normal operation both the ORANGE and RED LED's should be on during operation. The RED LED was not blinking (indicating low battery) but just goes off. I also notice some apparent receiver interefence/randomness when it happens which may or may not be related.

Also, is it OK to wire two fans into the fan power outlet (Reventon Pro)?

Generally this ESC has been easy to setup and update via the USB cable.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

have a reventon s 17.5 combo that i bought a couple weeks ago. now correct me if i am wrong but i cannot do any manual programming with this esc despite many tries. is there no other way to program this esc without buying the BT or WiFi cards? any help would be greatly appreciated. tried searching here and abroad with no clear results.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by misfitz28
have a reventon s 17.5 combo that i bought a couple weeks ago. now correct me if i am wrong but i cannot do any manual programming with this esc despite many tries. is there no other way to program this esc without buying the BT or WiFi cards? any help would be greatly appreciated. tried searching here and abroad with no clear results.
What are you trying to manually program?
Old 07-12-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

BRAKES! mostly. that and take away the timing for TC at hotshots. You coming down anytime soon?
Old 07-12-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

BRAKES! mostly. that and take away the timing for TC at hotshots. You coming down anytime soon?
Did it come with the LCD Programming Card? If you are the correct firmware you should be able to alter the brake parameters by plugging the card into the ESC's throttle port (make sure polarity is correct) and turning the ESC on. Chances are you need to update the LCD Programming Card firmware first as well. See: http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...0_20121029.pdf
Old 07-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

combo did not come with a programming card of any sort. just trying to find a way to manually change parameters.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

combo did not come with a programming card of any sort. just trying to find a way to manually change parameters.
Did you buy your combo new? The ESC should have come with the LED program card...

I have a couple of the LCD program cards, but I'm not sure when I'll be back. BRR opened and cut the drive in half...

I use the Bluetooth device all the time and it also works great. If you are going to go and buy another card I'd probably go this route (verify the card will work with Reventon-s).

I don't have any experience with the "S" model, but I don't think the ESC has any timing profiles installed....so you might be ok? The brakes? I know the Pro comes with a very low default setting and definitely had to be turned up. The gearing we use with 17.5 (even worse with 21.5 or 25.5) kills the braking ability of motors. Does anybody else at HS run SP products?

Last edited by Xpress; 07-12-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Xpress
Did you buy your combo new? The ESC should have come with the LED program card...

I have a couple of the LCD program cards, but I'm not sure when I'll be back. BRR opened and cut the drive in half...

I use the Bluetooth device all the time and it also works great. If you are going to go and buy another card I'd probably go this route (verify the card will work with Reventon-s).

I don't have any experience with the "S" model, but I don't think the ESC has any timing profiles installed....so you might be ok? The brakes? I know the Pro comes with a very low default setting and definitely had to be turned up. The gearing we use with 17.5 (even worse with 21.5 or 25.5) kills the braking ability of motors. Does anybody else at HS run SP products?
new purchase of the combo. likely a mispacking of the club sport pack that comes with no card but an s series speedo. RCRob is the only other one here that runs SP stuff and his card and esc are on their way back to SP for service. tried the sport programming steps to no avail. i'll have to call SP and check for sure that the BT card will work with mine.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

new purchase of the combo. likely a mispacking of the club sport pack that comes with no card but an s series speedo. RCRob is the only other one here that runs SP stuff and his card and esc are on their way back to SP for service. tried the sport programming steps to no avail. i'll have to call SP and check for sure that the BT card will work with mine.
Mine was the same as this, no card, and it came with a Yeah Hakamoto 17.5t motor, although both in individual packaging. So, it's hardly a combo, just a motor being sold with the esc, but with no card.

I had similar problems to you, mainly caused by miss-information on the Speed passion website. I bought the LED card because the website said it was the correct one for the S, but it is only for the Club Racer version. I now have the LCD card and with a little help from a clubmate, my esc is working great.

I would however like to know if there is a profile / firmware which will allow me to put boost onto the S esc.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 32819toon
I would however like to know if there is a profile / firmware which will allow me to put boost onto the S esc.
Doesn't look like it, based on the info on their site.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Reventon S came with a LED programmer card that you can use to adjust the parameter of the ESC....why you want to do it manually? Also...LCD card will work too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.