Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eazy
I did swap to a new sensor wire but it did not help. The thing is this problem is intermittent, it starts fine then in the middle of a run i don't get the boost anymore as though it went to blinky I have to go to a full stop or even on n off again then it works again.
I had a similar problem with a LRP X12 motor. It ran fine at my workbench, but on the track after some laps it would send the esc into "error blinky mode" as i call it (both leds blinking). In the end it turned out to be a faulty sensor board in the motor causing this.

Christian
Old 04-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Whats the hot setup with a reventon R and a modified 5.5 Orion motor in a touring car?
Old 04-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

I did swap to a new sensor wire but it did not help. The thing is this problem is intermittent, it starts fine then in the middle of a run i don't get the boost anymore as though it went to blinky I have to go to a full stop or even on n off again then it works again.

hi sorry v20 only for the pro i got confused but u may have a high power servo that the esc bec cant handle you get it alot with spectrum and savox servos try a power cap on the receiver as the voltage might be dropping there? just another idea alot of brands stuffer with this as these types of servos draw up to 3.2amps and most esc bec supply 3.0amps
Old 04-30-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Esc for repair

Where can I send my Esc back for repair thanks for your help
Old 05-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tcboy1983
hi sorry v20 only for the pro i got confused but u may have a high power servo that the esc bec cant handle you get it alot with spectrum and savox servos try a power cap on the receiver as the voltage might be dropping there? just another idea alot of brands stuffer with this as these types of servos draw up to 3.2amps and most esc bec supply 3.0amps
Did few more testing with the Reventon R today. Reloaded the firmware again. Soldered the esc fan directly to battery supply, change between few motor, but result same as before. Still getting the red and orange blinking lights when i loose my boost during a run.

Any SP tech care to help shed some light to the matter. I've been reading thru the internet and it seems that it is not the 1st time someone has encounter the matter but I've yet to see a proper solution.

Hope someone from SP can help me soon as i have a race over the weekend and i would really love to run the esc

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Did few more testing with the Reventon R today. Reloaded the firmware again. Soldered the esc fan directly to battery supply, change between few motor, but result same as before. Still getting the red and orange blinking lights when i loose my boost during a run.

Any SP tech care to help shed some light to the matter. I've been reading thru the internet and it seems that it is not the 1st time someone has encounter the matter but I've yet to see a proper solution.

Hope someone from SP can help me soon as i have a race over the weekend and i would really love to run the esc

Thanks!
Some motors have incompatible temperature sensors. You could try cutting the temp sensor wire on the sensor cable. This thread has the details if you try a search.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Angry Still Horrible Support

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
Good luck if you get any decent support. I can't even get them to handle a simple body sticker issue, STILL. It's been 3 weeks now and still nothing. I'm even told they only have one to spare but online they have more than one body available, jeeze.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dvaid852456
Some motors have incompatible temperature sensors. You could try cutting the temp sensor wire on the sensor cable. This thread has the details if you try a search.
Well I was using the bundled sp 13.5t v3 motor. N the problem still persist.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I was using the bundled sp 13.5t v3 motor. N the problem still persist.
What motor timing are your using? Could you try lower motor timing such as 0, 5 and 10 timing.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
Check PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WMGary
What motor timing are your using? Could you try lower motor timing such as 0, 5 and 10 timing.
The motor timing we set @ zero. I've given up testing n reported the case to the local distributor here. Hope to get a replacement soon.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Smile Lovin my S/Passion!

Originally Posted by Speed Passion
Good luck if you get any decent support. I can't even get them to handle a simple body sticker issue, STILL. It's been 3 weeks now and still nothing. I'm even told they only have one to spare but online they have more than one body available, jeeze.
That's a shame.
I've had nothing but positives from Speedpassion,from using their products to customer support via phone,email etc.
I can't fault the product,service or price.
Thanks guys!!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Timbo99
That's a shame.
I've had nothing but positives from Speedpassion,from using their products to customer support via phone,email etc.
I can't fault the product,service or price.
Thanks guys!!!!
Yeah I don't understand. I got two bodies that had the stickers stuck together and ruined. I asked that they send another set, as online they have plenty of the same bodies still for sale. This is their reply:

"There is only one set of sticker match to one body. We don't have extra for replacement, not that we don't have it in stock. We can only provide you with a refund on that body."

Thank you
Speed Passion

It's like I don't need a refund as I need a body that I can use, and if you have other one's you are selling why are you not taking it from one of them?? Buy another body is the impression I'm getting or take a refund?

This is really ridiculous!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:01 AM
Tech Adept

I have a sp Competition MMM Series 13.5R and if I drive with blinky 20grade timing can I also just to keep 4.0 or higher
Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I searched and could not find a good answer.

17.5 Blinky TC running Rev Pro with and a MMM with a 12.5mm red ring rotor anyone have a good starting FDR and reccomended timing.

I have the stock, green and yellow timing boards.

Track has a 125ft straight.

Any help is appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.