Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Rookie

which one is better GT2.0 Pro Brushless ESC or the reventon pro? still confuse what esc should i get
Old 02-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by canon
which one is better GT2.0 Pro Brushless ESC or the reventon pro? still confuse what esc should i get
Get a GT2.1 or a Hobbywing V3. The Reventon Pro is crap!
Old 02-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RSCosworth
Hi RSCosworth,
Can you please tell us why you think the Pro is crap ?
I`ve read alot of negative comments about the HW V3 also.
Running HW V2.1`s and HW V3.0`s and think my V2.1`s are the best esc`s I`ve used. Almost the same as the SP GT 2.0
Old 02-16-2013, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RSCosworth
really there are kids that read this idiot

lol i have run all three and many others, these are the 3 i would run and are all good but i am running a reventon pro at the mo and loving it and i am one of the quickest down the straight in my class but i wouldnt get a gt pro2.0 or hw2.1 as they are last gen esc and now have no nw software coming out for them.
you will hear the 2-3 ppl the say they r c*&p or have no brakes but i know lots of ppl that never had problems and love how fast and smooth they r and poor brakes is ppl using rubbish low torque motors ~(non brca)or even setup
but not saying ppl that have had esc blow on them for no reason aren't just is wording their worries

its a great esc and has less problems then other esc brands i know of and used, i have seen novak tekin nosram/lrp sp hobbywing gm orion orca all fail at my clubs, non user faults so as i said you will always get 2-3 on forums rubbishin a brand
Old 02-16-2013, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Just changed my reventon to a lrp flow. Yes the reventon was fast down the straight. But I never found the punch others guy had. Not were the brakes much good... Also after 2 minutes it would start to fade despite not being hot at the end of the run. Flow is 100% better for me so far.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by canon
The Reventon Pro is the newest highend Speed Passion ESC> The GT 2.0 Pro is great, but will not be receiving any future software updates.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just buy speed passion reventon pro.....with 10.5 competion motor.. I use it on trf 416 x any can help me with setup and gear setup for this esc...
Old 02-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Speed passion reventon pro and muchmore fleta 4 same esc?
How is that esc in 17.5 boost stock?
Old 02-16-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Zooberg
Speed passion reventon pro and muchmore fleta 4 same esc?
How is that esc in 17.5 boost stock?
yes both are the same, can't answer for how it's in boosted since i haven't run mine yet and will be running in blinky class..sorry
Old 02-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Today i've changed my motortiming and suddenly my cirtix stock club ESC/motor doesn't function normal anymore.
I need to rotate the rotor by hand first en when i hit the throttle on my transmitter the motor makes a strange noise and isn't able to turn at full speed and also my fan stops working.
When i go back to neutral position on my transmitter the fan starts to work again.
I've checked the motor with another ESC and the motor still works as it should be.
Even the ESC smells like it's burned up, normally when you need to setup the esc you will hear some beeps everytime you set the neutral, max brake and full throttle.
When i'm doing the setup i hear 1 click for neutral,2 clicks for full throttle and 3 clicks for max brake in my motor and not a beep of the ESC itself.
What could be wrong with the esc.
I'm 200% sure i haven't done anything wrong but the ESC doesn't function as it should be.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Well. had my maiden trip with my Reventon Pro today. I must say i was very nervous how it it would would turn out. Because of all of this talk about how crap it was and no brakes and etc..bla bla.
Well that is just total bullshit in my eyes It had all the brakes i needed(Locked wheel's if i wanted) super smooth power delivery, and all the punch i need out of corners
All i needed to do setup wise was to add more drag brake and reduce the break since it was locking all wheels. all in all very very happy with the first outing
Equipment used:Serpent S411,SP Reventon Pro,Express Motorsport (Trinity D3.5) 13.5"Zapper" and Intellect 7200 70 bat Blinky class. Awesome Combination and Fastest down the straight. Everyone thought i used Boost
Old 02-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
Today i've changed my motortiming and suddenly my cirtix stock club ESC/motor doesn't function normal anymore.
I need to rotate the rotor by hand first en when i hit the throttle on my transmitter the motor makes a strange noise and isn't able to turn at full speed and also my fan stops working.
When i go back to neutral position on my transmitter the fan starts to work again.
I've checked the motor with another ESC and the motor still works as it should be.
Even the ESC smells like it's burned up, normally when you need to setup the esc you will hear some beeps everytime you set the neutral, max brake and full throttle.
When i'm doing the setup i hear 1 click for neutral,2 clicks for full throttle and 3 clicks for max brake in my motor and not a beep of the ESC itself.
What could be wrong with the esc.
I'm 200% sure i haven't done anything wrong but the ESC doesn't function as it should be.
Bad contact of sensor cable or overload motor timing could make this happen. In this case, your esc is no function on motor channel "A, B or C". Therefore, it will be no beep sound when you do the calibration. If your ESC is within warranty, contact SP Customer Service for further support (RMA).
Old 02-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I posted last week that i had no brakes using the reventon pro with my trinity 13.5 motor and suspected that it would work better if i used a speed passion motor. Looks like that was the case. I paired the reventon with a MMM 13.5 and had pretty good stopping power. the two appear to be a good combination. If anyone cares
Old 02-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have a Reventon R with stock0 firmware installed. Everything works fine as far as the esc but I can't make adjustments with the program box. It recognizes it and can go through the menu but when I want to change the value and press ok hash marks show on the box and it freezes. The change does not get saved.

I have tried a different box and it does the same thing. Any ideas?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can I run a reventon r in 1s mode?
If so how.

D.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.