Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by quickershifter
I just bought a new SP Ver.3 motor 17.5T, hooked it up to my SP Rev Pro but no throttle (motor not turning). Try to calibrate the ESC after firmware v22 updated, no beep sound in the ESC, but the orange led blinks. I can feel the motor staggering but no turns. Any advice on this?
WMGary, I have try using another sensor cable, but still no turn on my motor. Do I have to change the capacitor? Or should I send it back and claim for warranty? But how?
So prior to using the V3 17.5 everything worked normal with your Reventon Pro and motor XXXX? If you put the previous motor back in does it work properly?

Changing the capacitor would not cause the problems you are describing.

Originally Posted by BigC123
Well got my replacement Reveton Pro in and noticed that it looks like they tightened the case to hard because , it is cracked around the screws, is there a way I can order a new bottom for the ESC, I sure don't want to send it back, I just waited two weeks for this one. Any suggestions anyone?
At this time you cannot just order the cases or individual parts for Speed Passion ESCs.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

WMGary, I have try using another sensor cable, but still no turn on my motor. Do I have to change the capacitor? Or should I send it back and claim for warranty? But how?
Go to the SP site. First you need to register your product. Then, once your registered product is on your registration list, you can request an RMA number straight from the site.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Reventon Pro EX

Do we have a potential date for the release of the pro EX yet?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

I noticed just about most major online etailers and even Speed Passions own online store have no inventory for just about all products.

Is there an issue with the company?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikelebron
I noticed just about most major online etailers and even Speed Passions own online store have no inventory for just about all products.

Is there an issue with the company?
No. Ha.

You just joined to ask that for your first post?

My 2 LHS stores have plenty of SP products. I can send you their number and maybe they'll ship.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What wire exactly should be cut off in reventon series when is motor issue?
Old 01-17-2013, 05:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by roger999
What wire exactly should be cut off in reventon series when is motor issue?
The 2nd wire from the left when looking at the motor and sensor cable.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
No. Ha.

You just joined to ask that for your first post?

My 2 LHS stores have plenty of SP products. I can send you their number and maybe they'll ship.
Just got my new Revention Pro this week. Second one in a month, liked the first one so much that I had to get another one for my other car.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SP Tech
The 2nd wire from the left when looking at the motor and sensor cable.
It's ROAR legal to cut that wire ?
Old 01-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Penz316
It's ROAR legal to cut that wire ?
I don't know why it wouldn't be. The rule only states you must use JST ZH connector, but it doesn't state anything about disabling any of the connections.

This is technically pin 5 dedicated for temp sensors. There is no performance advantage.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

lol, buddy of mine mentioned that maybe speed passion should release a compatibility cable, basically, a sensor wire with the temp sensor wire missing. Who knows ... stranger things have happened.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone else find the new software for the Reventon Pro a little odd?, I was using Stock0 last night during racing with the older firmware, still noticing the brakes were very weak, so today I flashed the new ware onto it.
First things I noticed was it felt like there is more brakes there now, but then I also noticed it's now cogging badly at low throttle, so I'd be curious to see if anyone else has found this?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Why do I need to cut a wire to make any motor work with the esc. That is ridiculous that i have to hack my motor.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bishop
Anyone else find the new software for the Reventon Pro a little odd?, I was using Stock0 last night during racing with the older firmware, still noticing the brakes were very weak, so today I flashed the new ware onto it.
First things I noticed was it felt like there is more brakes there now, but then I also noticed it's now cogging badly at low throttle, so I'd be curious to see if anyone else has found this?
I have found that the new firmware with stock1 has rather crappy brakes. Someone then told me, on this forum, to use more initial brake to compensate. I'll find out tomorrow how it goes.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RSCosworth
I have found that the new firmware with stock1 has rather crappy brakes. Someone then told me, on this forum, to use more initial brake to compensate. I'll find out tomorrow how it goes.
Actually, I thought of this last night during racing, so went looking for that function in Stock0, only to find it was not there!

My Hobbywing and I believe the Orion and many others all have it, so I was almost dumbstruck to find it missing from the Pro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.