Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alloyslash
Hello, I run the Certix Club Stock in my GT21.5 car powering a Trinity D3.5 and love it.

I kinda started a discussion on the VTA thread when I posted about buying another for my VTA car. Some people are saying that the SP has compatability issues when used with a Novak 25.5. Has anyone on here had any bad experience when using the Certix / Novak combo?
Originally Posted by Marv
I have same question as the last guy =

Any compatibility issues between a Citrix and the Novak 25.5?

I have an opportunity to get a used one =
Seal Serial #346416

The issue has more to do with the temp sensors built into some motors like Novak. This thread has the answer somewhere...I'll have to find it. Basically if there was an issue with the ESC cutting off and giving a temp warning people were cutting the 2nd wire of the sensor cable to disable any temp readings.

Edit:

Check to see if that Novak motor has a temp sensor. If it does you will have to disable the 2nd wire from the left on the sensor cable. Speed Passion is looking into this issue and the possibility of a software update to resolve it. In the mean time, you can disable, cut, pull out, that 2nd wire and it will disable the temp readings and you'd be fine.

Last edited by Nexus; 12-30-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guy

I did some more testing on sunday but i did some changes to my old setup and it was amazing and was running mid temp... and i also got my new EAmotorsports lipos......

My old setting
DRRS - 7
Start RPM -6000
Hybrid Boost Active - 80%
Hybrid Boost Max RPM - 150k
Turbo Delay - 0.2 sec
Drag brakes- 20
FDR - 5.00
13.5 MMM motors with the lowest timing
these work really well..........................

my new setting with my new EAmotorsports 5000 70c lipos

DRRS -5
Start RPM -6000
Hybrid Boost Active - 60% - 70%
Hybrid Boost Max RPM - 150k
Turbo Delay - 0.2 sec
Drag brakes- 20
FDR -5.5
car -xray t3 2011
Reventon Pro with 13.5 MMM motors with timing at the lowest

With the new setting and the new lipo my car is much smoother and faster in the infeild compare to the tekin rs pro cars..... It was funny to see dat I was kinda detuning my car and some of the tekin guys where turning up timing and turbo boost to be on the same pace as me on the back straight but they where running a higher temp...........All in all i'm very happy with the Reventon Pro..... also did some changes to my car to make the whole package come togather;)
Old 12-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

After racing with the Reventon Pro in mod with a MMM 4.5 motor, I wanted to try to load the Stock 0 software into it to try it out for blinky stock. The problem is the esc will not connect to the program card or through program card to computer. Everything updated but the program does not see the esc. What am I doing wrong? Thanks~!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Found the problem. Cheaply made program card shaking like there where rocks in it, there was a loose solder on one of the servo pins.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have an opportunity to get a used one w/program box =
Seal Serial #346416

BUT... It might be dead.
ESC lights up with power...
BUT
Program box =
All display windows are flat lined
Pushing buttons om program box does nothing

Any ideas as to why the display windows are flat lined / pushing buttons does nothing???

Is it worth getting repaired?

Thanks in advance

Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 AM
Tech Addict

Can somebody PLEASE help me get my Reventon S in working order. I cannot figure this thing out and it completely ruined my weekend. I think I need to update the firmware on the LED programming card. I downloaded the PC interface but it does not want to recognize the card. I tried using it (brand new out of the box) and no matter what I did the motor would stutter until about 50% throttle, beyond that it would turn. I tried changing sensor wire and motor sensor board and nothing fixed it. I really liked my Cirtix in my other car and is the basis of why I stuck with the Speed Passion brand, but the god awful instructions (or lack thereof) has aggravated me to the hill. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Lessen, you will probably be told to try different motors/sensor wires until you are blue in the face. The first thing I would try is to pull the sensor wire and run it sensorless. If the issue is still there then it's time so ship it back. If not, then you might want to jump through a few of the hoops that will be suggested before sending it back. I had a Reventon Pro that would only start running if the motor was rotated to a certain point and after fighting it for a while sent it back. The replacement works fine but then a Reventon S did the same thing. My brother discovered there were parts in the FET drive circuit that weren't soldered.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lessen
Can somebody PLEASE help me get my Reventon S in working order. I cannot figure this thing out and it completely ruined my weekend. I think I need to update the firmware on the LED programming card. I downloaded the PC interface but it does not want to recognize the card. I tried using it (brand new out of the box) and no matter what I did the motor would stutter until about 50% throttle, beyond that it would turn. I tried changing sensor wire and motor sensor board and nothing fixed it. I really liked my Cirtix in my other car and is the basis of why I stuck with the Speed Passion brand, but the god awful instructions (or lack thereof) has aggravated me to the hill. Any help would be much appreciated.
Send the Reventon S back in if you can! I had a similar issues with my S and R, after my 2nd R it works now. I would recommend also, doing the Firmware change before you even run the replacement.

Also DO NOT keep the lipo plugged in while programming!! That will fry your esc and PC (I heard) for sure!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

To get the card to work for me I had to manually download the card USB drivers seperate from the pc interface. Then you hold reset and plug the USB in after to upddate the card firmware
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
To get the card to work for me I had to manually download the card USB drivers seperate from the pc interface. Then you hold reset and plug the USB in after to upddate the card firmware
I would like to try this before I send it ib to SP. How do manually download the driver? Initially my pc told me it couldn't find the driver. I thought I might have gotten it, but now I wonder.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OferS
Just wondering if anyone has had issues with the new style capacitor that currently ships with the Reventon Pro. I had one cook off and puff on the bench a few minutes after being connected for the first time. All wiring was correct and clean. The new style capacitor has a circuit board on the end. I just sizzled on its own. Luckily I heard it sizzle and was sitting right in front of it. I had just finished calibrating the ESC to my radio and was about to take it out for a quick test run. I immediately unplugged the battery. The sizzling stopped after about 5 seconds but not before spewing capacitor juice into my chassis. I called Speed Passion Tech support. They were great (thanks Albert!). They told me to try another capacitor and see if everything else is still ok. I cut off the puffed capacitor and spliced in a new capacitor from my Reventon R kit. It's the older production type capacitor that is just a wired capacitor (no small PCB on end). Everything seems perfect now. I babysat it for 30 minutes to make sure it was stable (no smoke, yay!). Ran the car for about 10 minutes and all seems fine. It looks like the factory may have soldered the red/black wires into the PCB in reverse or a component on the small PCB failed. Anyone know what the differences or reason between the new and old Capacitors? Anyone else have any issues with the new Capacitor? Glad I didn't walk away.....never leave your LiPo's connected!

I've been searching this thread for this issue but only found the above post. I just unboxed my Reventon Pro today and with in 30 seconds of powering up my capacitor blew. I checked for shorts and everything looked ok. I was able to unplug the ESC right away and its seems like things are still working on the bench with out the capacitor.

Anyone have a similar issues? Any suggestions on replacements?
Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

I would like to try this before I send it ib to SP. How do manually download the driver? Initially my pc told me it couldn't find the driver. I thought I might have gotten it, but now I wonder.
OK, so I figured out how to get the driver and was able to update the firmware to 1.4 (1.3 was offered as well but I assumed the later). So that's good, but I still don't see any difference as far as the performance is concerned. Heck, I can't even figure out how to change the profile. I need it in stock0 for now.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by linkless
The first thing I would try is to pull the sensor wire and run it sensorless. If the issue is still there then it's time so ship it back.
Just tried this. It still stutters quite a bit and the car goes backwards with the poles of the ESC and motor wires matching. If I set the channel to normal (instead of reverse which it's supposed to be at for Futaba radios according to SP), the motor does absolutely nothing at all. I guess this thing needs to go back. Maybe I can get them to put a heatsink on it that's actually silver instead of silverish lavender...
Old 01-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Delete

Last edited by peteyo; 01-02-2013 at 11:15 PM. Reason: addition
Old 01-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

OK, so I figured out how to get the driver and was able to update the firmware to 1.4 (1.3 was offered as well but I assumed the later). So that's good, but I still don't see any difference as far as the performance is concerned. Heck, I can't even figure out how to change the profile. I need it in stock0 for now.
So just to be clear, you have the Reventon software loaded on your computer and the correct drivers? When you open the Speed Passion software and connects the programming card and the ESC is it recognizing the ESC?

If it is you can select "Update Firmware" to toggle between the different running profiles.

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
I've been searching this thread for this issue but only found the above post. I just unboxed my Reventon Pro today and with in 30 seconds of powering up my capacitor blew. I checked for shorts and everything looked ok. I was able to unplug the ESC right away and its seems like things are still working on the bench with out the capacitor.

Anyone have a similar issues? Any suggestions on replacements?
Contact the Speed Passion office for a replacement capacitor. They will take care of you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.