Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Any Reventon Pro Capacitor Issues?

Just wondering if anyone has had issues with the new style capacitor that currently ships with the Reventon Pro. I had one cook off and puff on the bench a few minutes after being connected for the first time. All wiring was correct and clean. The new style capacitor has a circuit board on the end. I just sizzled on its own. Luckily I heard it sizzle and was sitting right in front of it. I had just finished calibrating the ESC to my radio and was about to take it out for a quick test run. I immediately unplugged the battery. The sizzling stopped after about 5 seconds but not before spewing capacitor juice into my chassis. I called Speed Passion Tech support. They were great (thanks Albert!). They told me to try another capacitor and see if everything else is still ok. I cut off the puffed capacitor and spliced in a new capacitor from my Reventon R kit. It's the older production type capacitor that is just a wired capacitor (no small PCB on end). Everything seems perfect now. I babysat it for 30 minutes to make sure it was stable (no smoke, yay!). Ran the car for about 10 minutes and all seems fine. It looks like the factory may have soldered the red/black wires into the PCB in reverse or a component on the small PCB failed. Anyone know what the differences or reason between the new and old Capacitors? Anyone else have any issues with the new Capacitor? Glad I didn't walk away.....never leave your LiPo's connected!
Old 11-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fuzzi0n
Did you update the LCD card to v2.5?
Yep, it's on 2.5
Old 11-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by draggerdude
So I just picked up a SP V1.1 used of course, and found it is missing the capacitor. Can anyone tell me which one it is.
This is the one you want but they are currently out of stock.
http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...8802-C01&c=OPT
Old 11-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6cj
Yes, mine does says its a R, wow and its a Pro

How'd u fix it?
Thanks to Solara and Penz316 we got my esc working. So mine didnt want to turn off and calibrate plus it thought it was a R.

Simple fix was that my SP reventon download didnt contain a spg file. Pm Solara if you have this issue. He'll give you the fix.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dvaid852456
Yep, it's on 2.5
I have the same question is this the lastest one??
On update firmware i have:
sto1 V19-5711
modify 1 v20-dfa8
modify 0 v20-dfc7

I cant download reventon smart led/lcd program user gives me error.
So for the MMM4.5 the stock 1 v19-5711 is the lastest?
Regards,
Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YoDog
This is the one you want but they are currently out of stock.
http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...8802-C01&c=OPT
That's what I thought, thanks.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vr6cj
Thanks to Solara and Penz316 we got my esc working. So mine didnt want to turn off and calibrate plus it thought it was a R.

Simple fix was that my SP reventon download didnt contain a spg file. Pm Solara if you have this issue. He'll give you the fix.
I'm glad that your Reventon is back on track.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm sorry to be an a***hole but the pro just aint good enough with a 13.5 which is the most popular class in the UK. Compared to the previous model, the GT2.1, the pro isn't quick enough out of corners or down the straight. It just lacks the rawness that the Gt2.1 had. It's to flat. Is this something that the speedpassion progammers can work on?
Old 11-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RSCosworth
I'm sorry to be an a***hole but the pro just aint good enough with a 13.5 which is the most popular class in the UK. Compared to the previous model, the GT2.1, the pro isn't quick enough out of corners or down the straight. It just lacks the rawness that the Gt2.1 had. It's to flat. Is this something that the speedpassion progammers can work on?
Hmm, I havent tried my Pro with a 13.5 yet. Cause I do have the gt2.1 running my SCT with a 13.5 and it hauls ass period. Maybbe I'll throw the 13.5 in the pro and see.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

13.5 SCT and 13.5 SEDAN to completely different animals, can't compare the two
Old 11-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by OferS
Just wondering if anyone has had issues with the new style capacitor that currently ships with the Reventon Pro. I had one cook off and puff on the bench a few minutes after being connected for the first time. All wiring was correct and clean. The new style capacitor has a circuit board on the end. I just sizzled on its own. Luckily I heard it sizzle and was sitting right in front of it. I had just finished calibrating the ESC to my radio and was about to take it out for a quick test run. I immediately unplugged the battery. The sizzling stopped after about 5 seconds but not before spewing capacitor juice into my chassis. I called Speed Passion Tech support. They were great (thanks Albert!). They told me to try another capacitor and see if everything else is still ok. I cut off the puffed capacitor and spliced in a new capacitor from my Reventon R kit. It's the older production type capacitor that is just a wired capacitor (no small PCB on end). Everything seems perfect now. I babysat it for 30 minutes to make sure it was stable (no smoke, yay!). Ran the car for about 10 minutes and all seems fine. It looks like the factory may have soldered the red/black wires into the PCB in reverse or a component on the small PCB failed. Anyone know what the differences or reason between the new and old Capacitors? Anyone else have any issues with the new Capacitor? Glad I didn't walk away.....never leave your LiPo's connected!
Raced it yesterday and had no issues. Had very good feel compared to my other "major" brand speedo.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RSCosworth
I have to agree with this. Even after playing around with the settings, it didn't seem to make an ounce of difference to performance. I also came from the GT2.1 ProStock running 13.5 boosted, and compared with that speedo, the Reventon Pro has no acceleration and no top end.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosey1990
I have to agree with this. Even after playing around with the settings, it didn't seem to make an ounce of difference to performance. I also came from the GT2.1 ProStock running 13.5 boosted, and compared with that speedo, the Reventon Pro has no acceleration and no top end.
Really , what motor are you using ? What setings? I have going out the opposite mine has plenty of acceleration and top end
Old 11-23-2012, 06:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rosey1990
I'm using an mmm13.5. I tried the recommend settings and team driver settings. It was still too slow.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Really , what motor are you using ? What setings? I have going out the opposite mine has plenty of acceleration and top end
Using a Reedy Sonic 13.5, FDR 6.5, 24deg endbell timing, on a medium/large indoor carpet track. ESC settings:

DRRS: Level 8
Hybrid Boost Power: 90%
Hybrid Boost Max: 135K
Hybrid Boost Start RPM: 5000RPM
Hybrid Boost Delay: 0.1s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.