Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks for the info . bought a 17.5 v.3 and a 21.5 v.2 last night from a dude with a good rep on here . just seems ridiculous that they have a North/South American Warehouse site that will ship to Brazil but not Canada ?!

Not a Rant, Just Advice

For Speed Passion (the company): I hear great things about your products, your customer service people leave a little to be desired. Also, for shipping around North America (including Canada) look to UPS and DHL, FedEx is ripping your customers off. (FYI it's less expensive to buy the Mazda Furai body kit x2 with shipping from rcmart.com in Hong Kong than from your North American warehouse). just sayin' .

Originally Posted by Timbo99
Try Walter hobby store (distributor for speed p in oz),they are in Sydney.
Google it and ask for Jay.
Regards
Tim
Old 09-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slayer1904
Reventon Pro Question.

I just picked up a Reventon Pro from my local dealer, soldered it up and it worked perfect. Went to test today and all get is stearing but no throttle. Solid orange light and a blinking red light. Manual says its a voltage issues so I've tried 2 different batteries only to get the same thing, Both are fully charged, and 2 different brands.

I've tried recalibrating, reversing throttle on my 4PKS and still nada.

Any help would be great, running the stock 0 program.

MMM v3 17.5 motor
You mentioned it work 1 time....hows that it work and now not working..? I have tested other customer ESC said it does not have throttle and 99% of the time is the throttle channel that need to be reverse. Make sure after changing that setting, turn off radio and esc and turn them back on and do the calibration...and after calibrate, turn them off and then ON and try again....
Old 09-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Since we are discontinuing the GT2.1 EX, the best way to do is actually run Cirtix Stock Club Race with the TQCELL booster unit...still working.

However, this unit does not work for REVENTON S or R....I am trying to find the solution.

In October time or so...REVENTON PRO EX will be release...this unit will be the 1-2 cell use ESC without booster pack, a direct replacement of the GT2.1 EX.
how does the Cirtix stock club race esc compare to the novak edge? reason I ask is that its coming in with a 1/12 that I bought, but I want to stick with speed passion gear. I have a TQ booster on the way too. Class is blinky, so don't need all other esc features.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Whats the best esc to run in a tamiya f1 vII. 21.5 no timing
Old 09-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Anyone else having issues with the Reventon program boxes? I have 4 and two of them don't light up the LED's when plugged into the ESC or the PC. The other 2 are fine. The 2 bad ones connect the PC and ESC just fine so I'm not sure what the issue is. One worked fine with the previous version of software and now doesn't work with the latest. The only real difference between the pairs is that the non-working pair have been used to update software on the ESC and the 2 that work haven't been used to update ESC software from the computer. Seems rather strange...
Old 09-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default dito

Originally Posted by linkless
Anyone else having issues with the Reventon program boxes? I have 4 and two of them don't light up the LED's when plugged into the ESC or the PC. The other 2 are fine. The 2 bad ones connect the PC and ESC just fine so I'm not sure what the issue is. One worked fine with the previous version of software and now doesn't work with the latest. The only real difference between the pairs is that the non-working pair have been used to update software on the ESC and the 2 that work haven't been used to update ESC software from the computer. Seems rather strange...
same thing here...mines going back.ill tell you the outcome when it happens
Old 09-19-2012, 02:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Video for set up

Reventon Pro Question.

I just picked up a Reventon Pro from my local dealer, soldered it up and it worked perfect. Went to test today and all get is stearing but no throttle. Solid orange light and a blinking red light. Manual says its a voltage issues so I've tried 2 different batteries only to get the same thing, Both are fully charged, and 2 different brands.

I've tried recalibrating, reversing throttle on my 4PKS and still nada.

Any help would be great, running the stock 0 program.

MMM v3 17.5 motor
Ok,I've got 2 Reventon pro's and I must admit the set- up is a bit weird.
But mine both work perfect and I have been using the Bluetooth module with great success .
If speedpassion doesn't do it I will make a setup video and upload it to YouTube,as I cannot understand the existing videos being in Cantonese .
And also could Solara ( Howard ) pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese give us all an answer on the software?
Anyone else had success with finding out what's up?
Ian a patient man,but,geez.............
I think they ( Speedpassion ) have put the cart before the horse,please prove me wrong.
Please.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
You mentioned it work 1 time....hows that it work and now not working..? I have tested other customer ESC said it does not have throttle and 99% of the time is the throttle channel that need to be reverse. Make sure after changing that setting, turn off radio and esc and turn them back on and do the calibration...and after calibrate, turn them off and then ON and try again....
Correct it worked after initial set up then nothing.

I've tried both Reversing and recalibrating and non reversing and recalibrating. I've followed the intstructions to the T and even had some other friends that have SP stuff look at it and try and still nothing.

If I leave it in stock I still get the LVC alert, however when I switch over to the box stock default I get no LVC alarm and both orange and red solid. Even after recalibration it still had nothing.

I really appreciate all the help. My dealer told me he'd swap me out when he got another. I would however really like to find out what happened so whatever it is doesn't happen again.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Timbo99
Ok,I've got 2 Reventon pro's and I must admit the set- up is a bit weird.
But mine both work perfect and I have been using the Bluetooth module with great success .
If speedpassion doesn't do it I will make a setup video and upload it to YouTube,as I cannot understand the existing videos being in Cantonese .
And also could Solara ( Howard ) pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese give us all an answer on the software?
Anyone else had success with finding out what's up?
Ian a patient man,but,geez.............
I think they ( Speedpassion ) have put the cart before the horse,please prove me wrong.
Please.
I really do think it's a simple process. The instructions are really simple to follow (which i'm doing) it just seems like it's almost not actually calibrating.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Legend

shot in the dark, what radio is everyone using that they are getting problems with?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm using a 4pks. Not sure if it's a radio issue, and the instructions are made for Futaba radios (as listed).
Old 09-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

About the setting box issue, I took the two boxes with problems and reloaded the firmware from version 12 I believe and they worked fine. To verify, I loaded one from the latest version (15 i believe) and it again had the issue. So for now, load the programming boxes with version 1.3 from the version 1.0.0.12 software pack and not the 1.0.0.15 and all will be fine. Note that the PC to ESC interface works regardless of the version used, it seems to only affect the LED's on the display box. I hope I got the versions correct, I'll check when I get home tonight.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

I really do think it's a simple process. The instructions are really simple to follow (which i'm doing) it just seems like it's almost not actually calibrating.
i agree its the easiest esc to set that i have ever owned, Im also using a futaba 4pl radio with no issues at all.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just wanted to thank everyone for the help.

Speed Passion is taking care of me and replacing the unit.

Hope to report back soon with a positive review.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Tech Legend

may just be some bad ones out there. In general you don't hear much about the good ones. I know its no comfort though if you do get a bad one. But its a chance for Speed Passion CS to shine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.