Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone else found that the brakes with 428 software are a little soft compared to 323?
Old 08-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Not everyone in USA are using ROAR rule, I mean, they are only referencing the rule, but NOT enforcing the rule....far from it. If every club or track really enforcing the rule, no one will race RC car anymore...they will all ended up playing bowling or skateboard or ride mountain bike.

I am very surprise your club all the way from the other side of the world in Australia that actually ENFORCING the ROAR rule and actually enforcing it while us in USA that hardly more then 20% of the track will actually enforce it.....anyhow, ROAR has the ESC and software and everything like 3 months ago but they are still thinking, because they said they are very busy.....
Howard, the problem is there is a state titles and national titles coming up. the rules run for these events fall under AARCMCC rules, which they follow ROAR approval lists as well as EFRA. it isnt a fact that the club is enforcing the rule, AARCMCC is as the club is holding a sanctioned event.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lethallee69
Anyone else found that the brakes with 428 software are a little soft compared to 323?
brakes have been fine for me. not that i use them alot, but when i have needed them, they are more than ample, even running a 3.5T.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lethallee69
I've never had any braking problems with any of the firmwares. I always have to dial them down to about 50% of what I calibrate them at or the lock up the tires.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JAM Racing
Thats the problem here in Aus they get stuck in the technicality and forget the fun and its a hoby bit
Obviously at top level (NSW CHAMPIONSHIP) it might mater in some classes and some freedom would invite more people into it
BTW these solarus tyres ..how good are they
we run ryde or muchmoore 28-36(yep it about 10c in Australia on a friday night)
All the best
Andrew
Solaris tires are great here because they are pre-glue and ready to use...so, it is kinda like SPEC tires. But I know over Asia or other country they still like to custom build their tires with different inserts....just different way to race. We run spec tires because it is typical CHEAPER and everyone are running the same thing so no need to guess and try out 100 different inserts and tires to find the best one...

If it is only 10C at your track at night (that is pretty darn cold)...I think you need to run ride 22. 28 is mainly used in carpet here in state and 36 are outdoor type of tires for HOT temp....of course, depends on the insert too.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Howard, the problem is there is a state titles and national titles coming up. the rules run for these events fall under AARCMCC rules, which they follow ROAR approval lists as well as EFRA. it isnt a fact that the club is enforcing the rule, AARCMCC is as the club is holding a sanctioned event.
I don't know what to say.....TOO BAD may be....LOL.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Speed power site hacked!!!!

I just saw the Speed Power website has been hacked by some POS that has nothing better to do with his pathetic excuse for an existence. Get a life you losers.:flamin g:
Old 08-09-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bumpy
I just saw the Speed Power website has been hacked by some POS that has nothing better to do with his pathetic excuse for an existence. Get a life you losers.:flamin g:
They must have fixed it already... it looks normal to me.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bumpy
Originally Posted by M-Technic
They must have fixed it already... it looks normal to me.
It looks fine to me here...but I DO believe it did happened eariler....that happened to the SP site as well as our mother company site...like once a month thing. Yeah...ppl really has nothing to do sometime. May be I should send them some ESC to test for me....LOL.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
It looks fine to me here...but I DO believe it did happened eariler....that happened to the SP site as well as our mother company site...like once a month thing. Yeah...ppl really has nothing to do sometime. May be I should send them some ESC to test for me....LOL.
I'll hack your site if you send me a speedo to test ;-)
Old 08-10-2012, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hi, I just get my Reventon R with 10.5 (3.0), is any turbo funtion for it? i need the turbo, anyone can teach me how to set it or how to update the software... Thanks for the help!!
Old 08-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Has the RS1 been discontinued? I wanted to pick one up after iHobby last year but missed out and haven't seen one since.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by x3inchesx
Has the RS1 been discontinued? I wanted to pick one up after iHobby last year but missed out and haven't seen one since.
Sorry, RS1 is all sold out and discontinued....you may check on ebay and see if anyone is unloading one. We will have new kits coming out....
Old 08-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cam5229
hi, I just get my Reventon R with 10.5 (3.0), is any turbo funtion for it? i need the turbo, anyone can teach me how to set it or how to update the software... Thanks for the help!!
Boost software is still in the progress right now for Reventon R...I hope sometime soon.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Help- Sensor issue?

Hi All,

I have just installed a SP GT2 esc and SP V3 5.5T into my B4.1. I have an issue... when I turn the esc on and accelerate gradually, the esc works fine. However, when I accelerate suddenly, the esc puts out the massive amount of instant power expected in a sensored system, but after that sudden burst of power, the red and green lights on the esc start flashing simutaneously. This causes the esc to run in a sensorless mode and that instant power is no longer available. I can clear this by cycling the esc off then back on. But the same thing will happen again when i accelerate suddenly. Ive looked in the esc manual regarding flashing red/green, it states to check sensor wire (which I have replaced) and check the motor sensor unit (so I have done- what am i looking for?). Has anyone else had this problem? any solutions?

P.S, I have two other Sp V3 motors (10.5T/4.5T), however they start flashing red/green as soon as you give any throttle input, as compared to the 5.5T, where it will do this onlly on sudden high power throttle input.

Could all my motor sensors be damaged? As i dont want to be spending $25 for each motor sensor replacement.
Id appreciate any help, thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.