Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What changes on ratio and/or esc settings I should make for change form v3 5.5 to v3 5.5 1cell motor?

I'm using the 323 stock program now
Old 04-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dfiantii
You need the program card I posted a link to below. The card you have that came with the esc is not capable of going up that high to the 15 slots until you update the esc with the newest program or firmware. So yeah you have to purchase something else and good luck with that its getting hard to find you will have to shop around.

http://www.speedpassion.net/en/produ...=SPLCD01&c=OPT
I can locate an update file but are you saying i wont need the new program card if i get the firmware uptodate?
Old 04-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

You will still need the other program card.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nnick
What changes on ratio and/or esc settings I should make for change form v3 5.5 to v3 5.5 1cell motor?

I'm using the 323 stock program now
When changed from the V3 to the V3 1 cell in boosted stock I did not change any settings in the ecs and it was fine maybe the same for mod
Old 04-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DoNiE
I can locate an update file but are you saying i wont need the new program card if i get the firmware uptodate?
You will still need the LCD programme card as its needed to be used when updating the firmware to the ecs. When you are looking for one I got the hobby wing and have been using this I just down loaded the speed passion firmware from there site
They have vidios on how to do this
Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Probably a leader warranty wise from a racing perspective would be Viper RC. 1 year on the ESC, 6 months on the motor from what I understand.

I trust your products enough that I spend the dollars on them as I know they will last longer than 90 days. If I didn't think that, I wouldn't. Part of the reason I made the switch from Castle stuff which have a year warranty.

If I could even purchase an extended warranty I would be interested.

Anyway, hopefully Speed Passion in general will see it differently again (I say again as I was once advised it would be 1 year in the USA when Shawn was with SP if I recall correctly)
Again, we will do our best to bring the latest and best RC products to our customer...thank you for your opinion and suggestion and I will bring this up to the meeting with the HQ.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Solara thanks for the fast response. I will have to look again at what motor I want to purchase now. I thought the 1cell and regular motors were a good deal at the posted price but I thought they came with 20 degree timing like all the others. Never dawned on me to look further. As I am getting into F1 racing you can now see where my dilemma is in that you can't put timing from the esc it has to be from the motor so everyone will have that advantage.

My problem is I was planning to buy new this time around. I like the V3 design where the motor connection points are on the end ball and not on the top like say Novak or Fantom so it won't interfere if I use the motor on my Losi Type R.
Back on the prowl for a used motor now I guess. Thanks.
Simply go for the MMM motor then...also, have you race F1 with brushless motor before? I have spend the last 3 years racing F1 indoor and outdoor with rubber tires and I can tell you the motor timing or any kinda timing on F1 is totally "USELESS".........no matter what motor or software or timing that you use, you need to figure out how to get traction on those F1 Rubber tires...remember it is RWD, not 4WD, the only tracks that I can use the full throttle on the F1 was TITC at Thailand ant LHR at Joilet, IL...both track are at least 175 foot long straight. (225 footer at LHR, it is a 1/8th on road track).

Timing on motor, running of F1 is my very lease concern at all......

Also, you use 16ga or those 12th scale WIRES for the F1....it has no clearance problem whatsoever on our bullet plug design, and all the F1 I saw are using those thin wire, even with MOD motor.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by abailey21
I'm making steak tomorrow night...come on over
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
you owe me one too , and when your at the worlds the steak/sushi is on me

How are you guys getting on with the 323 stock softwere and mod motors ??

i think i will be fitting it to my TF6 with my MMM 4.5 to go blasting
OK....need to look for plane ticket, ah...too bad, I can't afford any,,,,,

323stock with mod will be coming, we have US NATIONAL at our local track so MOD is definitely what I am looking for and I have Marc's 323stock with 4.5MMM setup that he used at TITC to try....I am sure it will be fast, but I am sure I will not going to HANDLE that. The setup he had was like on new tires per run..........that is totally against my religious so I think I might back down to 323 with 6.5 or 7.5. But again, it is coming and I will post video of myself or the drivers that did the practice at the national track. (Summer is almost here....we had 80 degrees but suddently it dropped back down to 40s lately...)
Old 04-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
for any one who may be interested these are the setting i raced with at the state titles this year 17.5 boosted small technical indoor carpet track.
overall performed extremely well qualified 4th and finished 2nd overall
Thanks for sharing.......I wish more ppl can use the setup sheet and post more setup and share here. especially boost setup because USA are totally against boost now, there is no reason for us to test this software when there are no marker to compare lap time.

Setup sheet is here, it is editable

http://www.speedpassion.net/files/Sp...k_6may2011.pdf

For those who input their setup onto the setup sheet and would like to SAVE it and/or post it as a PDF, please download this freeware and you do follow its instruction and you can save your own setup sheet or share it as PDF to others...it is a very good freeware. It is called CutePDF Writer (on the left side)

http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp
Old 04-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kavajas
Thank you for fast replay i will give it a try, should i start whith defaults first on 323? Any setup detail on that condicions?
Any link to speedo setups? On speedpassion site only 1 whith 205g MMM4.5 from Marc that i already tried out, and didnt work whith me.
Thanks in advance.
I will have to create a setup sheet for MARC and will post it on the SP site, keep checking the site, I will do that this week.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by x3inchesx
Does anyone know what makes the D-Manager specific for drifting? Is it the same as the Inspire V2.0?
It has a little higher TOP END and with less low-end and brakes....ideal for drifting with long period of time on throttle. Inspire V2 is very standard for beginner setting.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by M-Technic
I've been running 323_Stock and mod motors all season. It's such an awesome combo. The speedo is so smooth, and you can really control the power band. I usually run a 5.0t, but I also run a 4.0t at the larger tracks.
Please share your setting, you can email me so I can post it with your name on it for the site. Give me something like boost mod, boost stock, boost 10.5 boost this and boost that...I would think if you have time, try 528 with 4.0 and see there is any advantage over the 323 with 4.0.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DoNiE
Hey everyone

I have the speed passion 2.0 pro with speed passion 10.5 turn mmm motor, i am trying to program for the first time, it says in the manual that there are 15 items on the program card however my program card only seems to go to 10 anyone shed any light on this?

wondering if i need a differant program card, seems odd they would provide one that doesnt cover the full range of features....
GT2 is almost 2.5 years old, the programmer card was developed when we were using only 10 settings. Now...with the new boost software, you must have the LCD programmer card in order to take a full advantage for it.

Please purchase the following and it will allow you to use the new 15 options software.

http://www.speedpassion.net/en/produ...=SPLCD01&c=OPT
Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Please share your setting, you can email me so I can post it with your name on it for the site. Give me something like boost mod, boost stock, boost 10.5 boost this and boost that...I would think if you have time, try 528 with 4.0 and see there is any advantage over the 323 with 4.0.
Hey Solara, I sent a race report last week including my setup sheet, it should be in your email. Please feel free to post it on the site.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Hey Solara, I sent a race report last week including my setup sheet, it should be in your email. Please feel free to post it on the site.
Yes got that...thanks. But if you have something others then that, please send over to me....

You have BOOST with 2.5 on a VTA car.....? JUST KIDDING....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.