Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Reventon PRO After the WORLD CHAMP....September 2012?

Reventon S, R and Club Stock Spec....later this month, early April.
Why so far away?
So you can sell a few S/R and CSS first?
An estimated cost of the PRO
Old 03-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onekiwi
Why so far away?
So you can sell a few S/R and CSS first?
An estimated cost of the PRO
Not really....

PRO is a totally different ESC compare to S and R....100% different. And the key part of the current ESC is not really the ESC itself...it is the SOFTWARE.

Currently testing the new boost modified software for the PRO along with several new hardware design of the PRO.

PRO price should be very similar to the GT2 PRO price...
Old 03-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Solara
5 out of 10 TITC A-Main are using the MMM 4.5 motor with SP ESC....it is that or nothing.
Actually Atsushi Hara, overall 3rd place finishes was using the Speed Passion ProStock 2.1 and GT2 PRO ESC for the TITC event.......

Top 10 results
1. Meen Vejrak
2. Jilles Groskamp
3. Atsushi Hara - Speed Passion
4. Marc Rhienard - Speed Passion
5. Victor Wilick - Speed Passion
6. Chavit S.
7. Thomas Pumpler - Speed Passion
8. E.C. Kim - Speed Passion
9. Andy Moore
10.Marc Fischer - Speed Passion
wow! thanks a lot
Old 03-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
But the different colors mention attributes that can be modified. I'm leaning towards either the Red or green. It's being used indoor carpet tc Running a 7.5r or outside prepped concrete.
Solara, can you answer my question? the Speedpassion site answers are very vague.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

also will any upgraded rotor fit in the v 3.0 1 cell 7.5R?
Old 03-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Hi has anyone used the Andriod SP app - RC Car A1 HD Android 1.0.3?

It has 2 reviews and they both arnt good so I'm wondering if it's improved, pity it isn't free
Old 03-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Angry

hey guys

about 4 weeks ago I blew my V3.0 motor then I brought a new v3.0 MMM and parts to fix the original v3.0

2weeks ago I had a big race meet and had the v3.0 MMM in and I had only ran it on testing. after 2 laps of the second race it blew the motor! temped it after and it was only 20degrees on the can, it wasn't even hot!
so I put the v3.0 motor that I fix in and completed the race meet

today (2 weeks after I blew the MMM)
first race of the day put my car on the track with the fixed up motor in it and after 3 laps it blew!
it was 30degrees!

so I blew one motor twice and the MMM once.
I'm not running much timing and every time I finish a race I temp the motor and its about 60-70 degrees

my motor class is 21.5turn

I'm running the speed passion GT2.1 Prostock esc

people in my local area have been saying speed passion is crap because they always blow like mine did
is this true?

and I was wondering if someone can tell me what I should do so I stop blowing motors

thanks tom.

Last edited by tomicamilleri; 03-04-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Stock class record re set

@ Solara, my second run in stock, and now SP GT2.0 Pro, 528 software, and SP V3 17.5 boosted , now has the race time record. the record was set about same time last year, and about 3 motors to do it. i used the same motor from last time, and all day and another 5 packs after racing. and its just steady at 70C.
todays ambient temp was 39 C in the shade. track temp was up there when i measured it one time was 61C. i think some one else ran the settings i posted before when you asked , cause they were tired of blowing motors, and Dave was really pleased to see his temps were stable and he ran all day with the same motor this time. hehe. so SP has our track record now in stock class. by the way , 2 qualies 3 finals, and apart from first qualy, which was 20 laps in 6:12. every run after that was below the 6:06 which was a first place pace at the Nationals late last year. my time at the end, 20 laps 6:02.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tomicamilleri
hey guys

about 4 weeks ago I blew my V3.0 motor then I brought a new v3.0 MMM and parts to fix the original v3.0

2weeks ago I had a big race meet and had the v3.0 MMM in and I had only ran it on testing. after 2 laps of the second race it blew the motor! temped it after and it was only 20degrees on the can, it wasn't even hot!
so I put the v3.0 motor that I fix in and completed the race meet

today (2 weeks after I blew the MMM)
first race of the day put my car on the track with the fixed up motor in it and after 3 laps it blew!
it was 30degrees!

so I blew one motor twice and the MMM once.
I'm not running much timing and every time I finish a race I temp the motor and its about 60-70 degrees

my motor class is 21.5turn

I'm running the speed passion GT2.1 Prostock esc

people in my local area have been saying speed passion is crap because they always blow like mine did
is this true?

and I was wondering if someone can tell me what I should do so I stop blowing motors

thanks tom.
it would be nice to post your settings, gearing and track layout, wether it be tight technical track or more open track faster flowing.

changing from the V3 to the MMM you cant run the same settings and expect things to be the same. the MMM has more motor timing in the sensor board. you need to account for this in your settings and gearing. i dont know why you blew motors at those temps, but holding max RPM for too long on a straight can also do this, or also loading up the motor too much, which would see more temp than this. are you running a fan and heatsink setup on the motor as well ? some times a heatsink can block the vent holes in a motor and not allow it to vent properly so the heat builds up inside, rather than out side.

we have had a few Motors cook of late, but its been a variety of motors with the 323 stock software, 2 x LRP, 2 x SP one MMM one V3. and 2 other D3 motors. if your boost timing Accel is set too low i have found anything under 350 and your playing with Smoke on a larger track, we have found Stock 528 to be more stable with temps than the 323. but i dont know if on a smaller track the 528 is good enough ?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Solara, can you answer my question? the Speedpassion site answers are very vague.
each colour is a different size. Orange ring is 13mm Rotor, Green is 12.8, and red is 12.5 (std )
if you want more punch from your motor, then either Green or Orange is the go. i have tried Orange in a 4T, and to say the least, it made it so dam punchy it was nearly undrivable. i would suggest the green rotor, as it will be one step up from std Red 12.5mm. the rotors are all the same for the V3, 1 Cell, and MMM. they all fit. as long as you get the one suggested for your Wind of motor. hope this explains it more.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nilks
Hi,

I hope anyone can help me here. I am using a GT2.0 Pro together with an LRP X12 17.5T running blinky. The motor is timed with 4-dot insert and geared at 4.0. Good speed and low temps.

The problem I have is with the brakes. I have calibrated everything and brakes are turned up to 100% in both speedo and transmitter. I almost have no brakes at all. I know that such a tall gearing will have less braking, but the Tekin speedo has a lot more brakes with the same setup!

Anyone that can help?
So I tried all the suggestions this weekend. By setting reverse force (#6) at 100%, og calibrating with brake set on 100 on the transmitter, and then bumping it to 160, helped a bit. But no where near enough for our track.

On our small and twisty track, we need to tap the brakes hard before going into the corner, and the Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro doesn't have enough brakes for that. Atleast not in 17.5T blinky, running a LRP X12 geared at 4.0 with 4-dot timing insert.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
each colour is a different size. Orange ring is 13mm Rotor, Green is 12.8, and red is 12.5 (std )
if you want more punch from your motor, then either Green or Orange is the go. i have tried Orange in a 4T, and to say the least, it made it so dam punchy it was nearly undrivable. i would suggest the green rotor, as it will be one step up from std Red 12.5mm. the rotors are all the same for the V3, 1 Cell, and MMM. they all fit. as long as you get the one suggested for your Wind of motor. hope this explains it more.
It does. It says the red is an upgrade.... is it the standard rotor? Why would they sell an "upgrade" that is the same as a standard motor? also, the Green is made for off road" so its made to handle the heat and stress of low traction?-I also drift.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

It does. It says the red is an upgrade.... is it the standard rotor? Why would they sell an "upgrade" that is the same as a standard motor? also, the Green is made for off road" so its made to handle the heat and stress of low traction?-I also drift.
there are 2 red rotors, one std, one sintered, if you want more bottom end like you asked , then going up in size is the best way.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
there are 2 red rotors, one std, one sintered, if you want more bottom end like you asked , then going up in size is the best way.
both are sintered, the silver ones have more torque.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by defcone
both are sintered, the silver ones have more torque.
well all the new range of rotors they say are changing colours. so now there all silver and there are 2 red ones ? i see now why silver is confused. i was looking at an older PDF cat. oh well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.