Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Been using reedy mach2 motors for a while and and have gotten bored with its power delivery. Thinking about getting a v4 7.5 for t5m truck. What's the power delivery like for the v4? Smooth, strong mid range? Anyone tried both reedy mach2/any copy and v4 that can tell me the difference? Does one motor feel livelier?
Old 05-17-2015, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

What does the r and s stand for on the reventon esc?

Do they come with Blinky loaded?

Last edited by RC GB; 05-18-2015 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smilekt
still same problem .. cannot use ddrs 5 and above ... throttle still have one time kicking on start ..
Start fresh. Connect the ESC to your PC and load the newest software/firmware. Make sure your programming card also has the newest software.

Then once you choose your profile, calibrate your ESC to the TX. If you have swapped the sensor wire and other things you mentioned maybe also look at the motors sensor board. Did you try running with no sensor wire attached? If it still runs strange with no sensor wire the sensor board in the motor might need to be replaced.

Originally Posted by latentspeed
Been using reedy mach2 motors for a while and and have gotten bored with its power delivery. Thinking about getting a v4 7.5 for t5m truck. What's the power delivery like for the v4? Smooth, strong mid range? Anyone tried both reedy mach2/any copy and v4 that can tell me the difference? Does one motor feel livelier?
The new modified V4s are awesome. Michal Orlowski just TQd and won 2WD modified at the European Offroad Series finale with a V4.

Originally Posted by RC GB
What does the r and s stand for on the reventon esc?

Do they come with Blinky loaded?
They just designate different levels of ESC. Racing and Sport is what some say, but not necessarily official designations.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks Nexus ... will try ..
Old 05-25-2015, 11:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi guys, not to sure if im ding this right, i have reventon pro 1.1. i finally got it in blinky mode, upgrade firmware,software everything i can, (I think) lol

no volt protection = done
software stock0 V21
lcd program card software V2.7

so looking at all the videos out there of blinky mode, mine blinks twice then pauses and twice, and on on on................anyways i can race in my calss because of it. does anyone knoe how to fix this cause its been a a week of emails with speed passion and ive gotton no where the moter is speed passion 3.0. all this stuff is brand new.

thx raz
Old 05-26-2015, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RAZORGTO
hi guys, not to sure if im ding this right, i have reventon pro 1.1. i finally got it in blinky mode, upgrade firmware,software everything i can, (I think) lol

software stock0 V21

so looking at all the videos out there of blinky mode, mine blinks twice then pauses and twice, and on on on................anyways i can race in my calss because of it. does anyone knoe how to fix this cause its been a a week of emails with speed passion and ive gotton no where the moter is speed passion 3.0. all this stuff is brand new.

thx raz
Mine does the same thing and I went through the same research. I never got an answer. From what I could find, the ESC is using the single blink to mean low voltage (or something like that). Therefore, they use the double blink for 0 timing. I have never had a problem with tech inspections with this.
If your track only will allow it if it single blinks, then there are a lot of speed controls that can not be run. For instance, I've had esc's that didn't have any options to change the timing and they didn't flash at all.
If you find a solution to this, please post it here. However, I think this is how the programming is designed.

sincerley,
tim
Old 05-26-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_speed
Mine does the same thing and I went through the same research. I never got an answer. From what I could find, the ESC is using the single blink to mean low voltage (or something like that). Therefore, they use the double blink for 0 timing. I have never had a problem with tech inspections with this.
If your track only will allow it if it single blinks, then there are a lot of speed controls that can not be run. For instance, I've had esc's that didn't have any options to change the timing and they didn't flash at all.
If you find a solution to this, please post it here. However, I think this is how the programming is designed.

sincerley,
tim
thx tim

if I ever hear back from Speedpassion I will post it for sure.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

reventon pro 1.1 can put latest software Fleta V 1.4?
Old 05-26-2015, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

software stock0 V21

thx raz
Do you have any "roll" or forward throttle set on your TX? Can you post a video? It's hard to follow the blinks you are typing.

reventon pro 1.1 can put latest software Fleta V 1.4?
Being that it is a Much More Racing firmware there's no way to tell without testing. If you brick it though, I don't believe the Speed Passion safe mode will be able to save you. For sure it's not supported or recommended by Speed Passion.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

software stock0 V21

thx raz
Thats good enough for ROAR, should be OK at your local track. Red double blink every 1.84 seconds is ROAR approved blinky per the approval list.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, guys sorry if the question sounds dumb, but i'm new to this,

Will the Speed Passion GT 2.0 pro carbon work with a Xerun 10.5 sensored motor?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

is it safe if i disable thermal protection esc to run 4,5T motor ? esc reventon pro 1.1
Old 06-07-2015, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FtXDudu
Hi, guys sorry if the question sounds dumb, but i'm new to this,

Will the Speed Passion GT 2.0 pro carbon work with a Xerun 10.5 sensored motor?

Thanks in advance.

A 10.5T is fine to run with the GT 2.0 Pros.

is it safe if i disable thermal protection esc to run 4,5T motor ? esc reventon pro 1.1
I never run thermal or voltage protection. That being said I probably wouldn't run a 4.5 for 15 minutes straight on a hot day at the track
Old 06-17-2015, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

I have a revention stock club racer and cannot get any brakes. Using m8 radio.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

tried searching but didnt have much luck. can anyone tell me how to get more brakes on my reventon pro 1.1? ive put reverse power to 100 and brakes to 100 and its still very weak.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.