Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

slater333 there is no need for reverse as its race setup and u only go round one way and is against the rules to have to stops ppl going backwards into fast cars
Old 02-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

The reventon stock club race is the replacement for the certix club race so unless u can find one still in stock u will have to upgrade

Also bishop I keep every release of a esc I have incase of problems so I can bk date firmwear so pm ur email wil mail u the release in it allows if not contact speed passion see if they will send u a older release
Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Unhappy

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks
Bought a brand new Speed Passion Cirtix Club Stock direct from the company. I'm trying to run a Novak 17.5 Ballastic motor. I have tried NiCD & NIMH batteries (don't have a 2S LIPO....yet) as the instructions say the ESC will allow them.
Problem I'm having is that the red LED on the ESC keeps blinking, but nothing is happening with the motor. In one part of the instructions, it says the problem could be low battery voltage. Yet in another part, it says the red LED will blink continuously in normal use for this model only.
1. Batteries are fully charged.
2. Changed out sensor wire.
3. Removed sensor wire.
4. Calibrated the ESC.
5. Recalibrated the ESC.
6. Changed out sensor board on motor.
7. Changed out batteries & type of batteries (NICD & NIMH).
So, what else should I do/check? The wires on the motor are correct. A to A, B to B, & C to C. Sensor wire is hooked up, as the Novak requires it. I know the motor automatically senses whether you're running a sensored or sensorless motor.
Is it because I need to be running a 2S LIPO? Is the stator shot?
Is their a certain MaH required to power the ESC using different battery types? I'm currently using anywhere from 1500MaH-3300MaH.
Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Still trying to figure the ESC out......
Old 02-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Reventon Dead Space

I have a reventon pro that I'm using with a revtech 7.5 motor. Every 2 or 3 races, the ESC will quit for just 2 or 3 seconds. Then it's back to normal. Has this happened to anyone else?

This "dead space" happens at various voltage levels. It's happened on a fully charged pack, an almost empty pack, and anywhere in between. My lipo cutoff is set to 3.2v.

I haven't come to any conclusion as to why it quits because it can happen at any time (and has).

I have the wireless adapter and it should have the latest firmware (at least as of 1/28/13).

Any other thoughts on this?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i think there may be an issue. one of the guys at the track yesterday running the reventon, had the same issue all day. didnt matter, happened in warm up with fresh charged pack, middle of the race, and at the end. he went to the new software, he turned off all heat and voltage protection, yet it still lost boost and even cut out. i had no issues at all, all day. but i put in my GT-2.0 Pro for our hot day yesterday. the speedy was blinking the red light when his esc shut down with voltage protection off. nothing can be done about it now, as he threw out the speedy.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

the cutting out maybe due to the servo some servos draw 3.2amps and most esc only give out 3amps out of the bec to the Receivers and when this happens u get a 1-2 sec glitch where everything turns off as the Receivers doesnt have any power to run, can be worse on full lock and full power/full brakes this is when the esc on high load so the volts also some times drop below 6 volts on load

it has happened on savox and maybe worth using a power cap on the Receivers and spectrum hands sets are meant to suffer bad with savox also but run both and never had any trouble mayself touch wood

i have never had this problem but seen it lots hope this helps

Also turn off lipo cut off I never run my car longer then 5-6 min so it soulh be fine with out it

Last edited by tcboy1983; 02-03-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Immediately change the capacitor (you can use any brand) and check all the wire connection and make sure they are not touching...I am suspecting you might got shorted somewhere on the ESC.
Thank you sir for the advice Turns out all I needed to do was turn off the speedo's thermal protection, even though it was only coming off in the 160°F range w/o boost. She runs like a champ now.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samnelso
Thank you sir for the advice Turns out all I needed to do was turn off the speedo's thermal protection, even though it was only coming off in the 160°F range w/o boost. She runs like a champ now.
Did you change the capacitor or just shutoff temp protection?
Old 02-04-2013, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tcboy1983
the cutting out maybe due to the servo some servos draw 3.2amps and most esc only give out 3amps out of the bec to the Receivers and when this happens u get a 1-2 sec glitch where everything turns off as the Receivers doesnt have any power to run, can be worse on full lock and full power/full brakes this is when the esc on high load so the volts also some times drop below 6 volts on load

it has happened on savox and maybe worth using a power cap on the Receivers and spectrum hands sets are meant to suffer bad with savox also but run both and never had any trouble mayself touch wood

i have never had this problem but seen it lots hope this helps

Also turn off lipo cut off I never run my car longer then 5-6 min so it soulh be fine with out it
heat and voltage protection were turned off. and it still happened. my self i was running a full size servo, BLS 352 and my motor fan from the reciever , with my GT-2.0 pro. the reventon im guessing he used a digital Futaba low profile servo, and we changed software also. i normally run my motor fan from the battery , but lacked time as i built a new car and had it running just in time as it was. motor used was a 4.5T SP V3.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Did you change the capacitor or just shutoff temp protection?
Did not change cap, just turned off temp protection.

Here's what I did:
1. visual/DMM check of cap and wiring and all looked good
2. flashed with buddy's stock0 software with known good settings - no improvement
3. turned off low voltage protection (orange light was blinking) - no improvement
4. cut motor temp wire on sensor wire (LRP x20 motor) - no improvement
5. turned off thermal protection - works perfect

temped speedo using box with the stock0 settings (no boost) and speedo was in the 160°F range after a full run. Not sure why thermal protection would be kicking it off, but it seems to be within a reasonable operating temp so I'll keep it off and run with confidence. I've ran probably 20 or so packs since then with no issue.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Tech Rookie

sirs what is the high end esc of SP? im planning on buying the reventon pro, is it worth buying? I want to invest on a long term esc that I can use in higher classes in the future
Old 02-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by canon
sirs what is the high end esc of SP? im planning on buying the reventon pro, is it worth buying? I want to invest on a long term esc that I can use in higher classes in the future
yes, Reventon PRO is the top of the line competition ESC from Speed Passion.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SP CS
Please PM me your RMA #. Thank you
Is anybody ever going to respond?

I've called that 800 number several times in the past month and nobody ever picks up. I leave messages and nobody returns my calls. I've emailed with no response. I've now sent 3 PM's to two members here whom I thought were associated with Speed Passion. Aside from the one time I spoke to somebody nearly a month ago, I've been completely blown off. Was this post simply a PR move? Does the fact that I forgot to write the RMA number on the outside of tht box entitle you to keep it? Am I going to continue to be blown off for another 30 days so you can call it "abandoned"? Up until this post I've been very polite, but even being backed up doesn't warrant this level of inadequate customer service.

Response? Anything?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

i think the thermal protect is too conservative, also the low volt protect might be too quick to shut down. I dont know if it can be adjusted with future software updates but might be a good idea to revise them. perhaps both these should wait longer before shutting down.

i was running last weekend in about the hottest weather you would want to be out racing, and with the protections disabled had no trouble. with reventon pro, mmm 4.5T, savox servo and spectrum rec. also had motor fan from the reciever. quite advanced timing and speed was good.
external temps were about 75c on motor and esc (cool, considering the ambient temp)

i started in the morning with the protections enabled and didnt last 2min before shutting down.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Alrighty, just installed my new reventon stock club with a Novak 25.5 ballistic. Followed all the setup instructions and I'm getting a flashing red light (solid orange) which the manual says means low voltage. I'm running a brand new, freshly charged Gens 5000mah 2c Lipo so that can't actually be an issue can it? It seems to run fine. Can I turn that off the voltage cutoff without the program card?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.