Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cheehtae
I just got my speedo from an online retailer (will not mention the name), thing is I ordered a reventon s and when I opened the box what's in it is a cirtix esc although I onlyplan on racing blinky is the cirtix better than the reventon s?
If you are set on the Reventon S I would contact that retailer. The Reventon will offer you more options in terms of firmware. If you plan on running different classes in the future I would recommend the Reventon.

Originally Posted by muahdib4
So I've been told that using the Reventon Stock ESC with Novak motors that I have to remove one of the sensor wires. Any idea which one? I will be racing VTA on carpet with the Novak Ballistic 25.5.
When looking at the motor with the sensor wire plugged it is the 2nd wire from the left. One page back you will find more questions and answers.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Its ridiculous that I have to hack a sensor cable to make this esc work with whatever motor I want.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
I've always run that setting at the maximum (26.25) and most team drivers setups are the same. No concern over heat here, running an 8.5 in a B4. Airflow to the ESC is limited if you are running a low-sided body so I would run a Bulldog or similar and put the fan on the ESC if possible.
I have tried going to a 21t pinion on the motor, tried a Trinity 8.5 motor, tried different "AMTS" timing values and "DRRS" start mode values and the esc still gets very hot. It seems as though nothing will make it run cooler except running the fan (which I can't since I don't have a bulldog style body yet). Could there be something wrong with it as I have never had any of my LRP esc's running as hot as this one is.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

dfiantii. Why u repeating yourself no one cares that ur upset that u have to take a tiny wire out of the sensor plug that can be refitted ,as u should be checking ur motor temp any way ? I have never used esc motor cut off as its a pain and can cost u a race
If ur not happy get another brand

rc10b4_mafco as for ur over heating esc I have ran them since I got bk to rc racing and I never had a hot esc ? Have u tried the speed passion web site and copies the esc setup for ur turn of motor also copy the fdr uses for the setup
If so maybe let ur local model shop have a look at it just incase it's dropped a fet ?
Old 01-27-2013, 04:07 AM
Tech Rookie

guys what can you say with the reventon r?? im planning on using it for 17.5 blinky and 13.5 boosted class
Old 01-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

tcboy1983; You presume to think I am upset. I am just stating what is. I check my motor temp with a temp gun but that is not the point. I was looking to by the New VTA approved esc but if there are issues with it working with the mandatory 25.5 motor from Novak then whats the point so I show my displeasure with my typing and my pocketbook. I was really hoping for a backup speedpassion but I can wait till its all figured out more than this wire cutting work around.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default problem with reventon pro brake

guys help me I'm wrong something with the reventon pro

I can not do brake to stop the car at the end of the straight I am forced to remove a half straight for not crashing, with the lrp Sxx tc spec v2 with maximum braking stopped the car where I wanted

with a 6.5T and 10.5T, rebuilt two times the coupling between esc and radio reloaded 2 times the software

PARAMETERS ON LCD CARD PROGRAM
BRAKE FORCE 100%
DRAG BRAKE 30%

PARAMETERS IN THE PC SOFTWARE stock1
Percentage Braking - ABS 70%
Percent Drag Brake 20%

sorry but the BRAKE FORCE ON CARD PROGRAM AND THE Percentage Braking - ABS OF PC are the same thing? Perhaps this is ABS that makes brake hard? where I'm wrong?
Old 01-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Got to run the v20 stock1 today for the first time. Very fast, great power.

But still I'm struggling with it going 'flat' and losing the punch it has at the start of the race. I'm assuming this is to do with heat building up after the first few laps. Apart from running a fan (which I already run)... what can I do to combat this lack of punch.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question for the Pros:

Can I put a speedpassion Cirtix Short Course Master in blink mode?

I have no instructions with it.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LIUK82

I can not do brake to stop the car at the end of the straight I am forced to remove a half straight for not crashing, with the lrp Sxx tc spec v2 with maximum braking stopped the car where I wanted

with a 6.5T and 10.5T, rebuilt two times the coupling between esc and radio reloaded 2 times the software

BRAKE FORCE 100%
DRAG BRAKE 30%

Percent Drag Brake 20%

sorry but the BRAKE FORCE ON CARD PROGRAM AND THE Percentage Braking - ABS OF PC are the same thing? Perhaps this is ABS that makes brake hard? where I'm wrong?
Adjust the ABS to its maximum. I though it was the Anti-lock Brake System but it's actually the adjustment of brake force... in my Reventon R. My drag brake is set to zero.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LIUK82

BRAKE FORCE 100%
DRAG BRAKE 30%

Percent Drag Brake 20%

With the "stock" settings on my Reventon Pro and SP 4.5, I basically had no brakes, even with brake travel on my radio at 100%. I changed drag brake to 0 and put the ABS up to 90.... I now have the brake travel turned down to about 70% on the radio and it still nearly locks it up! Easily the strongest brakes I've had with any ESC, and I've ran most of them.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Has anybody had any problems with their Revention Pro shutting off? My Revention Pro shuts off after just a few minutes during warm up prior to a race. I'll take my warm up laps, then pull off and wait to grid, and by the time the race is ready to grid, my car will be shut off. I have verified my settings and updated the firmware several times. The fan is operational and blowing down onto the ESC. I'm running a 4.5 motor with 8.4 FDR. I have the Lipo cutoff set to no protection, and the over heat protection is disabled. I have temped the ESC and motor and they are both no hotter than 135-140F. The outdoor air temperature is no hotter than 60-70F I have the DMTS and DRRS set to middle of the road settings. I have since switched back to a Tekin RS Pro, and running with no problems. However, I'd like to find out what is the problem with my Revention Pro.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bfong13
Has anybody had any problems with their Revention Pro shutting off? My Revention Pro shuts off after just a few minutes during warm up prior to a race. I'll take my warm up laps, then pull off and wait to grid, and by the time the race is ready to grid, my car will be shut off. I have verified my settings and updated the firmware several times. The fan is operational and blowing down onto the ESC. I'm running a 4.5 motor with 8.4 FDR. I have the Lipo cutoff set to no protection, and the over heat protection is disabled. I have temped the ESC and motor and they are both no hotter than 135-140F. The outdoor air temperature is no hotter than 60-70F I have the DMTS and DRRS set to middle of the road settings. I have since switched back to a Tekin RS Pro, and running with no problems. However, I'd like to find out what is the problem with my Revention Pro.
Shot in the dark here, as I don't have one, but isn't there a way that the ESC turns off at the transmitter? I thought I heard that if you hold your throttle in reverse for a period of time it will shut off.

Again, just a shot in the dark. Just trying to help.

Steve
Old 01-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CJTiger
Thanks for the quick reply.
Luckuly the club doesnt require blinky they just dont allow boost. So ill probably use MOD0 and turn boost off which i presume is possible.
Yes...you can turn down the AMTS to 0* timing.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10B4_Mafco
I have tried going to a 21t pinion on the motor, tried a Trinity 8.5 motor, tried different "AMTS" timing values and "DRRS" start mode values and the esc still gets very hot. It seems as though nothing will make it run cooler except running the fan (which I can't since I don't have a bulldog style body yet). Could there be something wrong with it as I have never had any of my LRP esc's running as hot as this one is.
Can you tell us how HOT are you talking about..? In *F?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.