Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Where did you find this information that its already set to 30deg(mechanical) at the middle setting?
By measuring it!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
try to use this one

Hey thanks! I just caculated my FDR and it looks to be a 10.14 with a 13.5 motor in an RB5 buggy on a short indoor track (11 sec times)

What are your thoughts guys? Am i way off. It runs great, stays cool, plenty of power?? Maybe too much grunt?
Old 09-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default setup sheet, 13.5 v3 turbo offroad indoor buggy

Here is my set up sheet. I don't see many 2wd offroad guys posting up setup info so here is mine.

I have a LPF with 13.5 V3 motor. I worked with these settings for a couple of hours to find what i liked.

Although it looks like i am grossly under geared, i liked the way it felt.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...YTQwMzQ2&hl=en

Last edited by Ghostrider86; 09-09-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
Solara:

For convenience, do you think the new update will allow you to just set say #4 to 1 and #9 to 1 (or something even easier) so that gets you to Sportsman Mode (no boost/no supercharger) so that the LEDs start blinking (proves you’re in sportsman mode) without using your LCD programmer and Laptop to change settings? It would be great to push a few buttons and run 2 classes (non-boosted sportsman 17.5 and boosted stock 17.5) without lugging a laptop around.

Thanks,

Ivan
At this moment, no...we did the 508 software per what ROAR required. It need to be a SEPERATE program so ROAR can see that by checking the LED LIGHTS and using the computer (seeing the 100508_no_timing software listing on the laptop).

Sometime it is not really a convenience for the end user, it is a convenience for the ruling official....
Old 09-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
By measuring it!
Please elaborate on this if you could.....thanks
Old 09-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Please elaborate on this if you could.....thanks
Of course. You take the motor apart and measure the angles between various components.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
Of course. You take the motor apart and measure the angles between various components.
Thanks...what componets did you measure to and from to see this? Will this hold true on all other makes of motors?
Old 09-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ghostrider86
Hey thanks! I just caculated my FDR and it looks to be a 10.14 with a 13.5 motor in an RB5 buggy on a short indoor track (11 sec times)

What are your thoughts guys? Am i way off. It runs great, stays cool, plenty of power?? Maybe too much grunt?
I am running around 9.0 in my USC with a 13.5. It is on a pretty big track also. Motor 120*-140* 528 software. Fast and easy to drive.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
At this moment, no...we did the 508 software per what ROAR required. It need to be a SEPERATE program so ROAR can see that by checking the LED LIGHTS and using the computer (seeing the 100508_no_timing software listing on the laptop).

Sometime it is not really a convenience for the end user, it is a convenience for the ruling official....
Thanks Solara.

Not convenient compared to my Tekin, but I like the speedo and the forum support and it's different than everyone at my club cause no one else uses the Speed Passion ESC so I'll have do deal with it. Hopefully in the future they'll make it easier cause for someone like me that runs multiple classes at our regional races (I did 7 at the last race), it's just one less thing to do.

Ivan
Old 09-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
Thanks Solara.

Not convenient compared to my Tekin, but I like the speedo and the forum support and it's different than everyone at my club cause no one else uses the Speed Passion ESC so I'll have do deal with it. Hopefully in the future they'll make it easier cause for someone like me that runs multiple classes at our regional races (I did 7 at the last race), it's just one less thing to do.

Ivan
Ivan, thanks for your support.....I am only 1 of the few that can give you a hand on Speed Passion item. There are plenty of ppl here can give you solution or suggestion if you have any question.

However....running 7 classes in 1 race definitely is NOT FUN...I ran 3 before, NOT FUN....
Old 09-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks...what componets did you measure to and from to see this? Will this hold true on all other makes of motors?
Your reference points are the point between the windings on the stator, and the middle of the sensors. It will apply to all motors.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Ivan, thanks for your support.....I am only 1 of the few that can give you a hand on Speed Passion item. There are plenty of ppl here can give you solution or suggestion if you have any question.

However....running 7 classes in 1 race definitely is NOT FUN...I ran 3 before, NOT FUN....
Yes, it’s been a great experience with Speed Passion overall starting with Shawn Palmer. Too bad he's gone. He hooked our 2 local clubs up with the Stock Spec ESC and Albert is continueing with the support. He's great too! I think we’ve ordered over 30 of them now (and counting) for club racing in our VTA (our version anyways with the 21.5 motor/esc combo deal that I think I got Albert to stock on the website) and Stock class (17.5 no boost) and our full winter carpet season hasn’t even started yet. Also, getting setup posted like from Marcos J and others is great to see. The setups aren’t gospel but good starting points and then us the drivers should test from there.

I haven’t had the speedo (Prostock 2.1) long but the limited testing I’ve done I’m happy with. Always interesting to see how forum members interpret settings and such but still looking for the post that ties everything together like SETUP “A” is good for this MOTOR for THIS KIND OF TRACK. Then you lower or raise the FDR to do this, etc,etc,etc. I think posting setups in the main Speed Passion site is a good start.

On a different note, I would disagree on not having fun running 7 classes (2 Touring classes, 2 12th classes, WGT, Silver can GT, and Tamiya Mini). I always have a great time cause nothing usually breaks and I got to actually marshall after every race and chit chat in between all my heats. Actually the hardest part really is that I’m the mechanic for my girlfriends’ 2 cars too and the truth is her cars take priority over mine cause if she’s not having fun or something breaks then it’s my fault. Then that’s not fun.

Thanks again,

Ivan
Old 09-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

guys, i have a question.. i know this have been asked before but i can't find it here. i have a gt2.0 lpf w/ a 14 gauge wire. is it ok if i replace it w/ a 12 gauge wire? will it get more power? sorry for the repeated question and thank you for the help.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rowveg36
guys, i have a question.. i know this have been asked before but i can't find it here. i have a gt2.0 lpf w/ a 14 gauge wire. is it ok if i replace it w/ a 12 gauge wire? will it get more power? sorry for the repeated question and thank you for the help.
you dont need 12gauge 14 is just fine
Old 09-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

marco, pinion/spur on your photon, yea i could look it up, but I'm lazy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.