R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-28-2010, 05:45 AM   #121
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone managed to add xxx-s or tc5?
Old 01-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #122
Tech Adept

Thank you very much, Job, for your excelent work. The program work fine in XP and 7, 32 bits both.
I read the manual, and i work a litle with the program, i put the dates for a Shumacher Mi4LP car, and work well, but is a litle estrange, i don,t know if is a cosmetic problem with draw or i put bad some heights, in the draws my camber links and wishbones are more large, more than the tyre and the axle go back.
Sorry for my bad english, a image is more than 1000 words

Someone, can help me.(When working well, i put the dates here for share it, i have a Cyclone TC, too, if someone are interesting i take the dates.)

Greetings, Luis C.
Attached Thumbnails
Roll Centre and Camber Gain Calculator-schumacher-rc-draw.jpg  
Old 01-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #123
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Working with the TC5 setup shared above (thank you for that, btw).
The inboard arm location on the TC5 differ only by 0.7mm, and there seems to be a resolution issue: I can't select all 3 positions since they're very close together.
Any chance that in the next version you can have the graphic resize when the window is maximized?
Old 05-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #124
Tech Master

mmh, I had written a long message but lost it, DUH, and am too lazy to write it again. Just see the attachments, may anybody help me with the positive camber issue? This is the box-stock setup straight from the manual of the moorespeed cyclone. Some measurements are pretty hard to get, even with digital calipers. For instance : Laxle or Lking, do you guys think that it could be the source of the problem ?

Many thanks to BobW for the work he did, that is a great tool with a great potential, even for an average racer like me.
Attached Thumbnails
Roll Centre and Camber Gain Calculator-cyclone-rcrollcentre.jpg   Roll Centre and Camber Gain Calculator-cyclone-rollcentre.jpg  
Old 05-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #125
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
mmh, I had written a long message but lost it, DUH, and am too lazy to write it again. Just see the attachments, may anybody help me with the positive camber issue? This is the box-stock setup straight from the manual of the moorespeed cyclone. Some measurements are pretty hard to get, even with digital calipers. For instance : Laxle or Lking, do you guys think that it could be the source of the problem ?

Many thanks to BobW for the work he did, that is a great tool with a great potential, even for an average racer like me.
Just from glancing at it, Laxle should be about half of Lking unless you have a really tall ball stud on your knuckle.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #126
Tech Master

seriously ? half ?

just to be sure, I'll describe how I tried to measure them :

Laxle= distance from the center of the A-arm to the center of the wheel hub, with the hub carrier parallel to the arm (0 degree of camber , at least the way I understand it)

Lking : distance from center of the outer hinge pin to the center of the ball where the camber link goes.

If anybody has a cyclone measured, I'll be glad to read his/her advice.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #127
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thought this thread had died out but I guess not. Haven't been getting posting notices until today for some reason so sorry for abandoning you guys.

The positive camber issue is because you have entered the camber in the model page as +ve. Change it to -1.5 and you should be good to go.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #128
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
seriously ? half ?

just to be sure, I'll describe how I tried to measure them :

Laxle= distance from the center of the A-arm to the center of the wheel hub, with the hub carrier parallel to the arm (0 degree of camber , at least the way I understand it)

Lking : distance from center of the outer hinge pin to the center of the ball where the camber link goes.

If anybody has a cyclone measured, I'll be glad to read his/her advice.
what I did was enter the # by the base of the ball stud, then added the length of the ballstud in the "outer positions" dialog box, so I could add + and - height ball studs into it.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #129
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Bob,

Do you plan on making any updates to this app?

If you are i have one that would be nice. Is it very difficult to add roll center change based on car roll. So as the car leans the roll center changes. It would be nice if you could set the angle of roll and have a new roll center calculated.

Another little issue I've noticed. The lower hing pin selection plus symbols are difficult to choose. Maybe you could add a exploded view to side or have radio buttons to select for each location it would make this much easier.

Not complaining just wanted to make you aware.

I use the app occasionally now but when i first started it taught me ton about roll center as a setup tool.
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:55 PM   #130
Tech Addict

Thanks for the feedback BKSpeedo.

It can be difficult to select the suspension points when the points are very close together. I will try and have a magnifier or some way to zoom in to make this process easier.

Next step will be to model both halfs of the suspension and include springs so the chassis roll can be modelled accurately. THis is a big step and will take soe time and research to complete.

Unfortunately right now all my spare time is spent working on my business website. It' up and running but it will be another couple months before it is done if a website ever is.

I may try and have the program just run on the web. That way when someone builds a model it will be available for everyone to access. With any luck that will be my winter project.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #131
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Great idea on a web version. Looking forward to some new features. This is great app that i don't think enough people take advantage of.
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:58 AM   #132
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobW View Post
Thought this thread had died out but I guess not. Haven't been getting posting notices until today for some reason so sorry for abandoning you guys.

The positive camber issue is because you have entered the camber in the model page as +ve. Change it to -1.5 and you should be good to go.

I'm so stupid... of course that was the problem. Thanks !
Old 07-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #133
Tech Apprentice

BOB, this is an awesome program, congratulations on a fine effort,, we will be tryto get a model up for the Yokomo BD5W soon. Still trying to figure out the finer points.
Dual Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #134
Tech Addict

Thanks Dual Fuel. Hope it helps.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #135
Tech Addict

Wow. Just checked the download page for this program and there have been 943 downloads. Never expected that.

Must be working OK. Haven't heard any complaints lately.