R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #151
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy View Post
Sandsurfer,
Are you running on 64-bit Win7? I am on 64-bit Vista and have the same error.
read back a few pages, I had the same problem on win 7 64 bit, and managed to fix the problem and get it to run.
Stock Car - Xray T3 EU Rubber, Modified Car - Xray T4 '14; Xray X1; Tamiya M-06, and I run all Tekin ESC's - Youtube Channel "CARCAR videos" or follow this link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7fp4qynjJzlXw13ocDpVAg - Facebook: CARCAR
MaxRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #152
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Strange, I'm running Win7 64bit and it runs fine. I'll look in to it some more and see if I can figure out.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #153
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobW View Post
OK I have an idea. Go to >Control Panel >Add or Remove Programs and scroll down the list of installed programs and see if the following program is listed:

Micrsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP1

If you have any other Compact version installed then use add/remove program to uninstall it before you install the correct version.

The correct version is found here: http://www.microsoft.com/Sqlserver/2...s/compact.aspx Make sure you install the correct 32 or 64 bit version for your system. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Suggest someone volunteer to try this and make sure it works. I don't want to be responsible for screwing up someone system.
Try this solution.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #154
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobW View Post
Try this solution.
Works. Thanks Bob.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #155
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to sandsurfer
Default win7 64bit

Bob - got it to work with Win7 64bit as per your instructions. I uninstalled both 32 and 64 sql's then reinstalled from the link you posted. Thanks. Looking forward to using the app. tomorrow. Gary
sandsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #156
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Will this program be able to effectively help me setup my 1/8 buggy-based on-road GT car? Or is it primarily for 1/10 sedan?

Sounds like a neat app. I love the things computer technology has brought to RC. I can adjust my ESC settings, monitor my lipos while charging, and record and view data from my EagleTree all from my comfy computer chair! And now hopefully use this tool for setting up my new ride.

P.S. Is the link on the first page the most current build of the app? Or is there a different download now? (Sorry if this has been already answered, I just briefly skimmed through a few pages of the thread.)

P.P.S. Here is another website with many good tools/calcs for RC. Lots oriented towards gearing and speed calcs, but also has plenty of other handy tools: http://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/index.html
Old 01-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jaz406
Default cyclone set up

I have measured my cyclone for the program. I do not know how to save it so I'' have to take some screen shots to share or pm me for the measurements.
Jaz406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #158
Tech Apprentice

i have measured my xray 2011 and i have a roll center of -12 on the front and a -8 on the rear what those this means? can some one explain please.
Corally_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #159
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was having big roll problems on my TC4 using larger diameter tires, I took some time to measure the sizes and it's amazing how much the larger diameter tires affected the roll centre. I know it's not a current gen car but it still does have quite a few fans so here are the settings I used. These are all for a standard tub chassis per kit build and parts used.

Nice program, thanks BobW
Attached Thumbnails
Roll Centre and Camber Gain Calculator-tc4_1.png   Roll Centre and Camber Gain Calculator-tc4_2.png  
Old 04-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #160
Tech Addict

Hey Guys. It’s been a while so thought it would be worthwhile to post some info. You can expect an update to RC Roll Centre soon. The main new feature is a method to export a chassis model to a file which can be easily shared. Bug fixes will also be included.

Now for the good news. I have been working on a new program for a few months now. The new app will have wayyyyy more features and won’t be limited to just roll centre and camber gain calculations/animation. The chassis files from the new RCRC can be imported so you won’t lose any of your hard work. New features will include dynamic gearing (car acceleration versus time), motor dyno analysis/modelling, and of course a much improved chassis setup tools. If you like buttons, sliders, graphs and most of all increasing your knowledge you will love this program.

Stay tuned for “RC Crew Chief”.

Bob
Old 05-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #161
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

staying tuned. some of us like this for 1/8th offroad. hopefully the dynamic roll center positions and kick up, spring variables are included. If it gets to that point I would be happy to pay for it.

great work BTW, wish I had the programing muscle to pull something like that off. kudos.
johnny t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:17 AM   #162
Tech Rookie

I like this program and would like to thank Bob for writing and developing it. I wish to factor kickup and caster into the settings and watch the front camber angle change as the car goes through a theoretical corner.

On a different subject , does anyone know of a tool to calculate and show us the rate of change in a shock absorber through suspension travel?
reflexuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:19 AM   #163
Tech Rookie

Hi
I have this program v1.6.2, is there a newer version?

Thanks
kennytcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:30 AM   #164
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytcr View Post
Hi
I have this program v1.6.2, is there a newer version?

Thanks
No you have the lastest version. I am working on a completely new program howver that includes all the features of RC Roll Centre plus many more. It is nearing completion and is called RC Crew Chief. Stay tuned.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:53 PM   #165
Tech Addict

It's taken a little more than a year but it's finally finished. RC Crew Chief will be a reality in a couple weeks. I am just doing some Beta testing and then the full version will be ready. For the time being you can view some slide shows on my "RC Crew Chief 2012" Facebook Page that explain some of the features.

There is also a Demo program available for download here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d3njj3qlqdo54xx