R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #106
Tech Fanatic
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Tamiya M05-Pro



__________________
MyForum> www.uncovertruth.forumotion.com

Last edited by Hyde; 05-12-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #107
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 6,138
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Just a little OCD, huh?
__________________
Stab it and steer.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #108
Tech Fanatic
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
Just a little OCD, huh?
No Obsessive Compulsive Disorder here. Do you suffer from the Disorder?

I'm just a little excited
__________________
MyForum> www.uncovertruth.forumotion.com
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #109
Tech Fanatic
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Some ideas for those who want to off road there minis


MONSTER MINIS!




(Pics from fordmike)
__________________
MyForum> www.uncovertruth.forumotion.com
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #110
Tech Fanatic
 
fordmike65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LOS ANGELES. CA
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

I think that's the perfect way to combine my love for Mini's & 1.9 scale crawlers!!!! That's it. I'm leaving work early so I can get started
fordmike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #111
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Tamiya M05-Pro



Can you post the link to the site where you found the pictures? Need bigger photos for my old peepers.
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:35 PM   #112
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 6,138
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

So, how about a little analysis? Sure it's premature, but we're all a little obsessive here, aren't we?

A:Looks like the steering knuckles might rise a little higher to meet the new style steering linkage.

B: Does it look like there's room in there for the same gears we use now? Hard to tell.

C: Why the raised rails here? Nothing really attaches to them, except for the transponder on the left side. Strength? Protection for the servo and electronics?

D: It appears they've changed the way the body posts mount. Hopefully they're sticking with some standard that already exists.

E: I'd really like a better look at the upper and lower control arms, both front and rear.

F: As mentioned in an earlier post, we'll probably be able to use current battery mounts. Let the lipos run free!!!

As for other stuff...I'm still not sure if I like the steering setup. Yes the old system was twitchy, but this introduces a lot more failure points and areas where slop might occur. I absolutely love that they've finally provided a proper place to mount electronics. It does make one wonder why they didn't go with a tub chassis, though. It would have been easier to incorporate, and likely stronger.

I also like the low profile body potential offered by this design. Sure, we all like those cute little fat bodied mini cars, but a teeny Ford GT would make me even happier.

Just my two cents.

Jim
__________________
Stab it and steer.

Last edited by monkeyracing; 08-11-2011 at 12:29 AM.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:46 AM   #113
Tech Fanatic
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
So, how about a little analysis? Sure it's premature, but we're all a little obsessive here, aren't we?
Agreed


Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
A:Looks like the steering knuckles might rise a little higher to meet the new style steering linkage.
From the look of it thebell-crank system looks even hieght with the direct link stearin like the M3...might be wronge tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
B: Does it look like there's room in there for the same gears we use now? Hard to tell.
the motor looks to be the same distance back as the M3... might be wronge as well. Hope it uses the same gears. I have spares so that would be sweet.

But the casing looks a little lower..so it looks like there's some different size gears...we dunno tho..


Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
C: Why the raised rails here? Nothing really attaches to them, except for the transponder on the left side. Strength? Protection for the servo and electronics?
I think for strength man. Look at the M3..it has the same rails in the front but they just stuck a servo under it and called it a night..


Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
D: It appears they've changed the way the body posts mount. Hopefully they're sticking with some standard that already exists.
I haven't even thought about that! But they wouldn't make new mini bodys with new mounting holes or make us ream some new ones. They look a little different but nah


Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
E: I'd really like a better look at the upper and lower control arms, both front and rear.
I wanna see something like the FF01. Something lighter and sleeker. But if its the same o'wells. Its a cool car anyways lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
F: As mentioned in an earlier post, we'll probably be able to use current battery mounts. Let the lipos run free!!!
not much of a lipo guy but most of you guys are and I hope there's a bigger verity of cells to use.

NOTE: new people in the hobby jump in using nimh, cad cells so I'm sure tamiya made this newbie friendly and old timer friendly as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
As for other stuff...I'm still not sure if I like the steering setup. Yes the old system was twitchy, but this introduces a lot more failure points and areas where slop might occur.
the stearing setup is not that bad...they did move back words in there steps...but how else would they get the weight off the top without making an all new bell crank? There goal was to take off the goofy servo...how else could it be done...


Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
I absolutely love that they've finally provided a proper place to mount electronics. It does make one wonder why they didn't go with a tub chassis, though. It would have been easier to incorporate, and likely stronger.
And I absolutely love that also..there was no "real" place to mount anything on the M3! There's a place for everything and a transponder...

It would have been cool if Tamiya would have made this new chassis look like the old HPI Pro3 chassis... simple, stronge, good looking..but that's my honest opinion..
__________________
MyForum> www.uncovertruth.forumotion.com
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #114
Tech Addict
 
Jam-ehz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz
Default

At least this model will address the M-03's problem of having to little weight in the rear.. it'll be distributed much more evenly front to back..

To keep things equal across all the models, they'd have to keep the same gears and ratios, as well as relative shape.. you can't change the geometry too much, 'cause that's what makes the Mini's so cool and fun!

I have a feeling the M and L extensions will just attach right between the servo and the rear bulkhead.. there's nowhere else to plausibly separate it, otherwise you'd have to buy different length steering rods.

Wow, those steering rods at the front are short! What will that do to the ackerman, since they're all sliding equally along one steering brace now?
__________________
-=≡ Tamiya TA05 TRF415MSX F103R M-03R M-04 M-05 ≡=-
-=≡ CRC Carpet Knife 3.2 OFNA LD3 Pro Fastcats Spektrum ׀ווlı ≡=-
Jam-ehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #115
Tech Fanatic
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
At least this model will address the M-03's problem of having to little weight in the rear.. it'll be distributed much more evenly front to back..
I never really ran my eletronics in there rear...but I'm glad they have a home for once lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
To keep things equal across all the models, they'd have to keep the same gears and ratios, as well as relative shape.. you can't change the geometry too much, 'cause that's what makes the Mini's so cool and fun!
well the M1 had a quicker gear ratio, so but them changing this wouldn't be suprizing.. But more linkly there the same gears.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
I have a feeling the M and L extensions will just attach right between the servo and the rear bulkhead.. there's nowhere else to plausibly separate it, otherwise you'd have to buy different length steering rods.
That's super true and another thing I haven't thought of... lol I only like this chassis for the 210 wheelbase mini I'm not a huge fan of the 224mm 239mm.... but yeah seems the rod would have to extend further...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
Wow, those steering rods at the front are short! What will that do to the ackerman, since they're all sliding equally along one steering brace now?
The ackerman looks pretty basic like all there other models...where do you see a problem?
__________________
MyForum> www.uncovertruth.forumotion.com
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:51 AM   #116
Tech Master
 
Big Daddy Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Makati, Philippines
Posts: 1,725
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Big Daddy Cool
Default



Nice!!! But I still wish they designed a front bumper for this new chassis.
Big Daddy Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:06 AM   #117
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 6,138
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Good morning!

Thanks for the pic!
__________________
Stab it and steer.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #118
Tech Fanatic
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Cool View Post


Nice!!! But I still wish they designed a front bumper for this new chassis.
I got an email from Chee Yong from Tamiya I'm Guessing and he said it will be at the Shizuoka Show and there it is!!!!

Yeah front bumber would've been a huge upgrade but can't complain.. There's always ways to make one or for them to hear us and make one!

It looks VERY much like the M1....Updated M1 to me...all the other pics makes the car look 100% different but thid veiw looks a little fishy.... still going to buy some and peep it out

Who's buying one...or two?

P.S. Thanks for the morning pic B.D.C. if you can get more pics it new info please post
__________________
MyForum> www.uncovertruth.forumotion.com
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #119
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 6,138
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Ask and ye shall receive.
__________________
Stab it and steer.

Last edited by monkeyracing; 08-11-2011 at 12:29 AM.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #120
Tech Elite
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Huh. Looks to me like the chassis may be unitized from the front all the way to the rear arm mounts/shock tower area. If so, gearbox maintenance could be very complex. Anybody able to give us a shot of the bottom?
__________________
I've never lost.
I've just been a little bit behind when time ran out...

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya mini cooper sipaboy Electric On-Road 29687 12-10-2017 04:07 AM
Tamiya F104 Pro! NT Electric On-Road 9387 10-18-2017 03:12 PM
Central Luzon Radio Control Club rough512 Manila Racers 10057 09-11-2017 06:19 PM
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 02:50 PM


Tags
mini cooper, tamiya m05


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net