Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 03:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dusttt
So I have a messed up story for you. About a month ago I ordered some parts direct from schumacher online with my debit card. Then last week someone is all over GB spending my money and it wasnt me. I never bought from GB before so just a coincidence?
I would say so dude, I used to to work for Schuie in the US and I know all the guys in the UK and they are nothing short of stand up guys.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So I have a messed up story for you. About a month ago I ordered some parts direct from schumacher online with my debit card. Then last week someone is all over GB spending my money and it wasnt me. I never bought from GB before so just a coincidence?
That sounds funny. In the last two months I have had to close my debt card. Someone has been using it in mexico and canada. And I buy from Schumacher UK
Old 06-10-2010, 04:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRW141
That sounds funny. In the last two months I have had to close my debt card. Someone has been using it in mexico and canada. And I buy from Schumacher UK
That was me, you never sent me your wife's cookies so i stole your numbers at Carpet Nats
Old 06-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by abailey21
That was me, you never sent me your wife's cookies so i stole your numbers at Carpet Nats
you never sent me your address.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Some misc stuff...

Twice now I've had a screw back out of the front spool. Handling strangeness aside, I'm wondering if that happened because of a slightly bent bone, or if the bone got bent because of that. I put some lock tight on it, hoping it won't happen again. Has anyone else had this issue?

I also had my rear diff loosen up on me. I think the screw backed out a bit (as opposed to the set screw backing out). I put some locktite on that, too.

My front belt is showing some fibers on the inside, all the way around, and more on one side than the other. The belt is quite loose. It seems too loose to me, but every Stock TC driver I've shown it too says the tension is fine. The rear belt doesn't show any similar wear. Is there a rule of thumb for setting the tension on it? I want to get a spare belt, but I'm not sure if I should get black or gray. The kit came with black. A-Main's description says black is for mod, and gray is for stock. It'll be a long while before I run anything faster than 17.5. Should I just get the gray one?

-Mike
Old 06-11-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Mike,

I had problems with the spool outdrive screws coming loose. I used some red loctite on them and never had a problem since. Vibration from a bent driveshaft could contribute to it but with the loctite in there you should have no problems.

In the rear diff, set it to the tension you want using the long screw, (mines are usually pretty tight) then tighten the grub screw up onto it, putting a driver in each end, and make it pretty tight too, loctite shouldn't be necessary here. The grub screw is also handy for consistent rebuilds, as you can leave it in place, then tighten the long screw up against it. The diff is then set to the same tension as before.

I've only ever run grey belts in my car, thats running 10.5 motors outside. Besides one which snapped because a stone got caught between chassis and diff pulley I've never broken any. You are correct, a looser belt is better for stock and it needs to be a bit tighter for mod. New grey belts I run one click looser, and once they wear and stretch a bit I tighten them up to the mark on the bearing holders.

HTH
Old 06-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Rookie

This same issue has happened to me and 6 other people I know. We have all had to cancel our cards and dispute the fraudulent charges. I was hit for about $350 for airline tickets but one of my friends was hit for about a $1000 in bogus charges. Some of the charges were in GB and the others were in Mexico.

I will probably just order from Amain from now on until the issue is cleared up.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miniman007
This same issue has happened to me and 6 other people I know. We have all had to cancel our cards and dispute the fraudulent charges. I was hit for about $350 for airline tickets but one of my friends was hit for about a $1000 in bogus charges. Some of the charges were in GB and the others were in Mexico.

I will probably just order from Amain from now on until the issue is cleared up.
Man I am glad to hear that I was not the only one! Yet sorry for the others.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

I just got my replacement card today. I'm going to send them a email on Monday about the problem.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Nice car Seaball..........
Old 06-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So, I had the chance to rewire my car once again. Wanted more room with the Tekin RS Pro and shaving the mounting tab off of the servo:

Old 06-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Rezen, you don't run the Transition Links on the rear of the car?
Old 06-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

As of last time out, no. The car was stuck, but very predictable on med-low grip asphalt. Need to gain back a little steering in WOT turns though.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

BUMP...
Old 06-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Some misc stuff...

Twice now I've had a screw back out of the front spool. Handling strangeness aside, I'm wondering if that happened because of a slightly bent bone, or if the bone got bent because of that. I put some lock tight on it, hoping it won't happen again. Has anyone else had this issue?

I also had my rear diff loosen up on me. I think the screw backed out a bit (as opposed to the set screw backing out). I put some locktite on that, too.

My front belt is showing some fibers on the inside, all the way around, and more on one side than the other. The belt is quite loose. It seems too loose to me, but every Stock TC driver I've shown it too says the tension is fine. The rear belt doesn't show any similar wear. Is there a rule of thumb for setting the tension on it? I want to get a spare belt, but I'm not sure if I should get black or gray. The kit came with black. A-Main's description says black is for mod, and gray is for stock. It'll be a long while before I run anything faster than 17.5. Should I just get the gray one?

-Mike
you need to try and make down to FW on a sunday so we can talk and I can check out your car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.