Old 11-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoelV
Chris you run a 12th servo in your car?
affirmative.

Originally Posted by Kenny L
Chris your car looked great all weekend makes me want to run rubber real bad
whatcha waiting for? (on the flip side, i'm itching to get a foam car together).
Old 11-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Chris, correct me if I'm wrong... Wouldn't a 12th servo, with it's weaker torque rating, be a probable cause for the on-power push?... *confused*
Old 11-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by timmay70
Chris, correct me if I'm wrong... Wouldn't a 12th servo, with it's weaker torque rating, be a probable cause for the on-power push?... *confused*
as long as i verify that my servo is stronger than the saver, i don't ususally suspect that as a problem (in any car, the saver is usually the limiting factor in transmitting torque - sometimes as low as 30oz). couple that to the fact that in the two prior weeks i've had the car down, i've had too much rotation on power, and i'm still looking elsewhere at the moment.

i may eventually move back to a full size servo (for the metal gears alone), but i can't fit one in the mi4 w/o standing up my receiver, making programming changes to the lpf a pain ...

some swear by 'high torque' servos, but with the saver bleeding off the excess, i'm not sure what the logic is ... maybe they all run solid horns, but that's not for me.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Servo savers are for wussies

My buddies dad runs a 12th scale servo in his mi3.5 no problems, with a alu servo horn. And Josh Cyrul also runs a 12th servo in his TC

Just shoe goo the normal servo in! Works perfect! And you can move the servo around to where ever you want it at And if you ever want to sell the servo, or want the ears back, a new servo case is like 4 bucks
Old 11-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
My buddies dad runs a 12th scale servo in his mi3.5 no problems, with a alu servo horn. And Josh Cyrul also runs a 12th servo in his TC
Heck Yea he does.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

No servo saver here either. However using a low profile servo, BUT that doesn't help with room either for more components usually. Even so, running the setup in my sig and everything is down flat.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Here is an updated pic of my MI4. This past weekend we had a onroad asphalt race. I TQ'd both stock and super stock classes with 23/6:15 and 24/6:08. Second place was very close, it was awesome. Came in 2nd in stock class and WON the superstock class, EVILGRAFX gave me a run for my money. I have been messing around with setups and have found the ticket for this track. My car is glued, just have to watch out for cones!!!! Still messing with the RS and gearing to find the sweet spot which I think I have found. Anyone with questions do not hesistate to ask!!!
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi4-img_3006.jpg  
Old 11-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhock
Here is an updated pic of my MI4. This past weekend we had a onroad asphalt race. I TQ'd both stock and super stock classes with 23/6:15 and 24/6:08. Second place was very close, it was awesome. Came in 2nd in stock class and WON the superstock class, EVILGRAFX gave me a run for my money. I have been messing around with setups and have found the ticket for this track. My car is glued, just have to watch out for cones!!!! Still messing with the RS and gearing to find the sweet spot which I think I have found. Anyone with questions do not hesistate to ask!!!
Do them darn cones jump out in front of you too? Good run.

I'll have my Mi4 as soon as the next shipment comes in. I had a good run with the Mi3 this weekend.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Had my first big race with the mi4 this weekend at the Time Zone grande prix anounced by Scotty Ernst! Car was great minimal set up to get her going good, electonics issues kept me from placing better but the car handles fantasic!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

glad you like the car, I got Donny rethinking his choice of chassis to make his return with.

Rdog, is referring to the 1st annual Timezone Grand Prix in La center Washington, Scott E was on hand to do the announcing and keep the show on track. This will quickly become the West Coast premire Carpet Event of the year.
I ran the 17.5 class with my Mi3 equipped with a exotec chassis, and loaned out my Mi4 to a power hungry friend to run Mod with. I Tq'ed the first round but ended up 3rd on the grid. when all was said and done I finished 2nd overall after the triple A's using a SP lpf ESC and SP 17.5 motor. Donny had issues his first couple of mains, but was on a tear for the final before the SP 6.5 he was using had a melt down, my fault. apparently 5.8 is a bit to much gearing . ( Donny wanted to go faster without motoring up.)

one note, when gioing to a big race its important to go over everything. the first two days, I ran the lpf with the 323 software instead of the 312, after switching to 312, went from 14.0 to 13.5 fast lap. motor geared at 3.7 full timing on ESC, mid timing on motor.

Once I figure out how to send Adam a setup sheet, I send the Mi4 carpet setup. the car ended up being twice as good as I had in vegas, the optional camber link plates are the ticket.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Revamped MI4

Mi4LP, the first schumacher car to be released by the new British championship winning team since winning that title.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Dope!

Mi4 LP Pro and Race. Race has S1 chassis and different shocks.

Chassis is slimed, made to race LIPO. And pulleys are black. And they look like there even gonna be cheaper!

Last edited by Owen RaCing; 11-10-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

So the pulleys, spur gear, belts, chassis, layshaft and lipo locater tray are new. Anything else?

I'll don't like the lipo hanging off of the chassis at all. Sure it may balance depending on your electronics choice, but it is not the correct way to balance.

I like the white pulleys myself, and would really like it if the belt came in white.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
I'll don't like the lipo hanging off of the chassis at all. Sure it may balance depending on your electronics choice, but it is not the correct way to balance.
the apparrent offset is exacerbated by the super-narrow cut chassis.

it's more of a running change ... so that you don't have to buy the 5-cell car, and immediately drop $90 on the 'fancy' chassis. i think that's a nice move on schumacher's part. same goes for the updated arms. they are good, and are being run by a majority of the team ...

props to factory for keeping us all current as they move forward ...
Old 11-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

If moving the LiPo outward isn't the correct way to balance the car, then i'm really interested to know what is the right way..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.