Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
We have received several requests for a solution for LiPo in the Mi4. I try to avoid "specialty" orders since they rarely pay for themselfs...although that said, if this is a simple mod like remove 1 lug from tray for 5 cell (providing size of cuttouts are close) I'd be willing to take pre orders and make a fixed qty + a few.

I will have a look at Ritchies (skypilot) Mi4 on Sunday, and have a better idea on what will be required.
verndoggie

IMO, all you will need to do is remove the center of one of the end lugs, i haven't measured but probably about 14 - 15 mm. you'll see in the morning.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
verndoggie

IMO, all you will need to do is remove the center of one of the end lugs, i haven't measured but probably about 14 - 15 mm. you'll see in the morning.
Cool...I'll bring the calipers and laptop to to an overlay. I may take an undersized plate I have and grind a lug off it to bring with me. If this works, anyone desperate enough with access to a bench grinder could be running in prob. 20 mins. with the current version.

Not sure it would be cost effective to cut a slot as opposed to just removing it. That would take a very small endmill and they need to run much slower feedrates = more $$.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

oh btw, I have a extra chassis you can take home to do a update to the Mi3 plate
Old 07-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
BOR I HAVE GEARS IF YOU NEED THEM.THE MOTOR WONT SLIDE BACK FAR ENOUGH IT HITS THE PULLEY SO 114 IS A GOOD MIDDLE GROUND I DONT THINK 106 WILL WORK WITH WHAT I RUN BUT WOULD WORK FOR 17.5. iF YOU NEED HELP WE CAN GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER TOMORROW MORNING.
I will order spurs, but thanks man!

I will need help in a few weeks. I will have to find you at norcal or ripon.

Originally Posted by Verndog
Cool...I'll bring the calipers and laptop to to an overlay. I may take an undersized plate I have and grind a lug off it to bring with me. If this works, anyone desperate enough with access to a bench grinder could be running in prob. 20 mins. with the current version.

Not sure it would be cost effective to cut a slot as opposed to just removing it. That would take a very small endmill and they need to run much slower feedrates = more $$.

I want a plate. I dont want to dremel the chassis or a plate to make it all fit. Would be much easier to slap one in and go Post up what you are going to do

And watching Aaron run his MI4 today, he was dialed!! Car looks awesome in person! I cant wait to get mine!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 04:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Right on! Those GM esc's are sick! But the price is insane! Sounds awesome, make sure theres pics!
Here some pictures of my Mi4 with the electronics in place. Only misses the wire to the receiver. The short version is on its way.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi4-37.jpg   Schumacher Mi4-38.jpg  
Old 07-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MI4 TQ and WIN!!

I wanted to take the time to thank Shawn Palmer and Mike Haynes for their assistance with my MI4. Yesterday was my first time out with the car and all I have to say is wow! I got to the track around 10 to help with set-up and get some practice time with my new ride. I went out with 36's and a 13.5 which I found was the wrong motor for the classes they held at the track, so a friend loaned me a brand new 17.5! I went out in the first run and set a TQ pace 4 seconds faster than the local fast guy. That qualifier was at a 20 lap 5:08.00. I knew I could improve a little so the next round I went out with no rear way bar and the car was even better. So the second qualifier I was on a 21 lap pace which was up with what the nitro guys were running but had a servo linkage problem which caused me to drop out with 30 seconds to go. I lost the TQ to the fast guy so I was set on reclaiming the TQ. I checked over the car and noticed that I had lost one of the kwik clips at the rear outer hub. Replaced the clip and rotated the tires so that the best tires was on the back. The third round I was able to set a new fast pace and TQ with a 21 5:06 which was three seconds faster than the second round TQ!. In the main it was a dog fight in the first few corners but I was able to get free an never looked back. So in conclusion I have to say it was an awesome weekend claiming the TQ and the win!! Thanks again guys for all the help!!

P.S. I didn't have the fastest car but I did have the best handling.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Congratulations Razer Z on your TQ and win. Saturday was my first time running the Mi4 at the Speed World Electric Cup. I didn't do as well as you did, but I did place 5th in 17.5 out of 30 entries. Love the car. Big thanks goes out too Aaron Young for helping throughout the day. Nice to have factory support.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Psql
Here some pictures of my Mi4 with the electronics in place. Only misses the wire to the receiver. The short version is on its way.
Looks good!

You run 5 cell 10.5?

Originally Posted by 4wheeldrift
Congratulations Razer Z on your TQ and win. Saturday was my first time running the Mi4 at the Speed World Electric Cup. I didn't do as well as you did, but I did place 5th in 17.5 out of 30 entries. Love the car. Big thanks goes out too Aaron Young for helping throughout the day. Nice to have factory support.
Ahhh, that was you! I was the tall kid in the red shirt talking to you about it! You going to keep racing at SWR, or where do you race?
Old 07-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ahhh, that was you! I was the tall kid in the red shirt talking to you about it! You going to keep racing at SWR, or where do you race?
That's me. Mostly race at Marin and Nocal. I do go to SWR and Ripon a couple times a year.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4wheeldrift
Good job and thanks for the comment!! Now I shall work n tuning a profile for 17.5.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Talking

I raced with Racer Z this past weekend. The Schumacher Mi4 is Beautiful! Very versatile! I loaned him my brandnew 17.5 and WOW, what an amazing car. He was practicing and I noticed how stable and accurate the car was. He could point and shot where ever he wanted. I helped him with gear choice (which he won the main, should have told him different, hehe). During the break he let me drive it for few minutes so I can get a feel for it because i am running the old RDX still. I am in the market for a new car. First off, the turn in is amazing. I rotated the wheel and swoosh, it turned with perfection. Then through the chicanes, it was on point, left then right, it didnt budge! Man I want one!! This car is my ONLY choice and will be a happy owner of one in the future.

Last edited by jhock; 07-20-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I want a plate. I dont want to dremel the chassis or a plate to make it all fit. Would be much easier to slap one in and go Post up what you are going to do
I had a chance to look at the Mi4 on Sunday and checked the chassis slots. For some reason they decided to widen the narrow part of the chassis cutouts by .050 inches or 1.3mm. This is going to allow too much front to rear play for me to go ahead and just machine off the existing end lug on plates using existing stock. I will be willing to build some custom plates, however it will need to hold till the next scheduled run of plates. Bottom line it will be an estimated 60 days before I expect to make next run. Sorry I wasn't able to help sooner, but... new chassis, design changes and rippling effect in process.

Kevin--PPD
Old 07-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

speaking of the Mi4, first time out with the car was good, but something went away in the main, big time. made a few adjustments including pulling the mod motor and swapping the spur gear back to kit position and installing a 13.5. decided to drop a 17.5 in the ole trusty Mi3. Very happy to report it was a very good weekend for both cars, TQ'd and won both classes. with the Mi4 i ran two heats with no changes to get a good feel for the car and make sure the new tires and new LTC-R body were doing there job. for the third heat i swapped the bottom chassis for the 2.0 option chassis and the car came alive, way more corner speed and rotation. car went and stayed where i wanted it to. I pushed it really deep into a few corners to see what would happen, other then running a little wide, the car stayed planted. I'm thrilled with the Mi4. Back to mod with the Mi4 and 13.5 with the Mi3
Old 07-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skypilot
Back to mod with the Mi4 and 13.5 with the Mi3
I'll say back to mod. The car was pretty much on rails and this pretty much describes the day Ritchie had. Hammer Time. Great job and very nice car.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

don't make me dance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.