Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
The Coelacanth!
what did i tell you about the big fancy words.....

I actually got to touch him the other day.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

look forward to buy one.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think the Mi4 looks awesome. There are some huge diffrences between it and the Mi3/3.5. I can't wait to see what the team does with the car this year.

I hope Schu UK sends the Euro team to the Reedy Race, IIC and Snowbirds. We have some great drivers running Schuey cars in the US but we really need some world class Mod races like Chris Grainger to show US sedan racers what Schumacher cars are capable of.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hopefully there'll be upgrade kits available Looks like we'll need...

new chassis, new bulkheads set, new CF camber plates, new top deck, new rear shock tower, new aluminum steering post, maybe the new thinner pulleys, and the motor clamp.

Shocks, wishbones, steering yokes, uprights, front shock tower, rear diff, spool, driveshafts, bearings, and belts all seem to be carrying over from the Mi3 series
Old 04-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by yyhayyim

new chassis, new bulkheads set, new CF camber plates, new top deck, new rear shock tower, new aluminum steering post, maybe the new thinner pulleys, and the motor clamp.

Shocks, wishbones, steering yokes, uprights, front shock tower, rear diff, spool, driveshafts, bearings, and belts all seem to be carrying over from the Mi3 series
+ 1 I've got a ton of spares to build up another car. Just need all the new goodies!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

I doubt an upgrade kit will become availalbe. There is just too many different expensive parts. The carbon and alloy parts add up to 95% of the price of a new car.

Sell your old ride and get a complete new kit.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

You're about there on the differences between the cars, but i'd be very surprised if there is an upgrade kit. Like Adrian says, it's all the expensive parts that are new. Upgrade kit would be expensive me thinks.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MattW
You're about there on the differences between the cars, but i'd be very surprised if there is an upgrade kit. Like Adrian says, it's all the expensive parts that are new. Upgrade kit would be expensive me thinks.
Adrian/Matt,

true, the conversion kit would be expensive, probably around $200. But from a business side of things, it should be worth it, since more money is made from parts in general. Also, there's many out there now that would rather upgrade for $200, than have to deal with the hassle of having to sell their mi3, and spend nearly $480 on the new mi4. If they can sell their old car then at least they get 50-75% of the funds to cover for the new one, that's great,...but many would rather just upgrade their current car, especially those who got MI3.5 recently and now find out there's a new car coming.

I think from a business viewpoint, it would be a good option to offer, at least. Even Xray is offering an upgrade kit for the t2 series to get up to T2'009 level. A bit expensive, yes...but some prefer to just upgrade instead having to have to sell their cars, and then wait for backordered kits to show up, etc...

I guess we'll have to see...

The new Mi4 chassis, rear CF shock tower, and camber braces, could total $100, and the bulkheads, steering link, clamp, etc, another $100, and they'd be making a profit, I'd say So somewhere around $200 should be close...

Last edited by yyhayyim; 04-13-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MattW

BTW Matt, why do the diff eccentrics have to be aluminum? Can they be plastic as well, like most other cars? Same thing goes for the new center Aluminum steering link...this too can be plastic. This would reduce cost significantly as well, and shouldn't sacrifice performance...maybe with these changes the car will be in the $420 range
Old 04-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Adrian/Matt,

true, the conversion kit would be expensive, probably around $200. But from a business side of things, it should be worth it, since more money is made from parts in general. Also, there's many out there now that would rather upgrade for $200, than have to deal with the hassle of having to sell their mi3, and spend nearly $480 on the new mi4. If they can sell their old car then at least they get 50-75% of the funds to cover for the new one, that's great,...but many would rather just upgrade their current car, especially those who got MI3.5 recently and now find out there's a new car coming.

I think from a business viewpoint, it would be a good option to offer, at least. Even Xray is offering an upgrade kit for the t2 series to get up to T2'009 level. A bit expensive, yes...but some prefer to just upgrade instead having to have to sell their cars, and then wait for backordered kits to show up, etc...
With the economy the way it is it might be something for Schumacher to seriously think about.

I have friends in the car industry saying whereas people would scrap a car worth a few thousand because of a gearbox problem etc a while back, now people are prepared to spend what seems a large amount on one part to stop them having to spend even more on another car.

This might also ring true for RC.

Skiddins
Old 04-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think the car looks awesome and I can't wait to get one. I don't think the motor mount will pose a problem and even if it did, just make sure the wires to your speedo are real short
Old 04-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Initiate

BTW Matt, why do the diff eccentrics have to be aluminum? Can they be plastic as well, like most other cars? Same thing goes for the new center Aluminum steering link...this too can be plastic. This would reduce cost significantly as well, and shouldn't sacrifice performance...maybe with these changes the car will be in the $420 range
Sure Mat wont mind me answering for him. I for sure would not want plastic steering, the balls mount in the end and are always being screwed in and out so the treads on a plastic one would not last. HB Tamiya all us alloy there for that reason..

Plastic diff holders would be fine but the Tool to make those you would not beleive the price! so as for cheaper I dont think so. only over a long run.

Conversion kit wont be an option really, you missed new pulleys Front tower and layshaft and cap so not many bits left after that really..
Old 04-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris Grainger
Sure Mat wont mind me answering for him. I for sure would not want plastic steering, the balls mount in the end and are always being screwed in and out so the treads on a plastic one would not last. HB Tamiya all us alloy there for that reason..

Plastic diff holders would be fine but the Tool to make those you would not beleive the price! so as for cheaper I dont think so. only over a long run.

Conversion kit wont be an option really, you missed new pulleys Front tower and layshaft and cap so not many bits left after that really..
thanks Chris for making good arguments against our wishful thinking

Well, guess I gotta sell My MI3.5's and get ready for the MI4...

Is anyone from the UK team planning to attend the Reedy Race this year?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

I very much doubt it,a bit too early in the day for the mi4, most of the UK team will be concentrating on the UK Nationals, and to get a feel for the new car.

I'd very much like to make the trip next year though
Old 04-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Hey Yohan , and you just got that 3.5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.