Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Old 01-09-2010, 12:04 PM
  #1321  
CA
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 72
Default

Thanks spokesman Papespeed!

Originally Posted by turbodog
aluminum hexes
U3525 wide hex (comes with Mi4)
U2991 medium hex (comes with Mi3)
U3221 super narrow hex (option part)
U3570 ???????? don't see this one listed
Right then hex's.

We only have 2 widths of hex, narrow and std.

U3525 - Std kit wide, what we use in the rear.
U2991 - Narrow width (but now discontinued)
U3221 - Narrow width (but with no oring) designed on request for wheels with shallow hex fitting as it has more contact area because no oring.
U3570 - Narrow width with O ring (new version of U2991)

Hope that helps.
CA is offline  
Old 01-10-2010, 06:25 PM
  #1322  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
Jerry P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone noticed excessive play in the lay shaft on the MI4 LP? it appears that the washer included in the kit is too small and the spur tends to move left and right way too much for my liking. I grabed a washer from Mike Haynes today that seems to make it fit much better but if i over tight it binds the spur up.
Jerry P is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 01:21 AM
  #1323  
Tech Adept
 
Ritchie T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 128
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Jerry P
Has anyone noticed excessive play in the lay shaft on the MI4 LP? it appears that the washer included in the kit is too small and the spur tends to move left and right way too much for my liking. I grabed a washer from Mike Haynes today that seems to make it fit much better but if i over tight it binds the spur up.
Yes, i took it for its first run last Fri and it came off with marks down the side of the spur where it had touched the lil carbon piece that joins the bulkheads together
Ritchie T is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 04:49 AM
  #1324  
Tech Regular
 
steveonamission's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 349
Default

Originally Posted by Ritchie T
Yes, i took it for its first run last Fri and it came off with marks down the side of the spur where it had touched the lil carbon piece that joins the bulkheads together
That shouldnt of happened, i have play in mine, but it doesnt go anywhere near the the translink plate? Did you make sure you installed the translink plate correctly, they go round a certain way,as there differently shapped either way... when secured correctly, the spur cant touch it even with the little play from kit.
steveonamission is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 05:03 AM
  #1325  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
Jerry P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by steveonamission
That shouldnt of happened, i have play in mine, but it doesnt go anywhere near the the translink plate? Did you make sure you installed the translink plate correctly, they go round a certain way,as there differently shapped either way... when secured correctly, the spur cant touch it even with the little play from kit.
My spur wasnt touching anything but it does have a lot of play. I'm going to get pick up some thing shim's that fit over the lay shaft and take out some of the play. The schumacher spur is thing I dont want to start wrecking them. Right now i am very careful with the pinion because it has to in the right spot of the spur is not fully touching the pininon when it moves.
Jerry P is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 06:27 AM
  #1326  
Tech Adept
 
Ritchie T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 128
Exclamation

Originally Posted by steveonamission
That shouldnt of happened, i have play in mine, but it doesnt go anywhere near the the translink plate? Did you make sure you installed the translink plate correctly, they go round a certain way,as there differently shapped either way... when secured correctly, the spur cant touch it even with the little play from kit.
Sorry didnt write that out properly the rolley eyes were because i put them on the wrong way round
Ritchie T is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 06:35 AM
  #1327  
Tech Regular
 
steveonamission's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 349
Default

Originally Posted by Ritchie T
Sorry didnt write that out properly the rolley eyes were because i put them on the wrong way round
Oh right, never have been able to master reading ones rolley eyes
steveonamission is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 06:46 AM
  #1328  
Tech Regular
 
steveonamission's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 349
Default

Originally Posted by Jerry P
My spur wasnt touching anything but it does have a lot of play. I'm going to get pick up some thing shim's that fit over the lay shaft and take out some of the play. The schumacher spur is thing I dont want to start wrecking them. Right now i am very careful with the pinion because it has to in the right spot of the spur is not fully touching the pininon when it moves.
Yeah i understand that...though mine doesnt have as much play as whole width of a pinon? I would deffinatly be shimming it if it moved that much.
steveonamission is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 06:57 AM
  #1329  
Tech Adept
 
Ritchie T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 128
Exclamation

Originally Posted by steveonamission
Oh right, never have been able to master reading ones rolley eyes
Won down the local club though with the links grinding away at the spur
Ritchie T is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 08:16 AM
  #1330  
Tech Regular
 
steveonamission's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 349
Default

Originally Posted by Ritchie T
Won down the local club though with the links grinding away at the spur
Think of the possibilities if you built it properly in the first place :P Just messing, good job.

Cant wait to get mine outside, not a fan of carpet season
steveonamission is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 08:54 AM
  #1331  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by steveonamission
Cant wait to get mine outside, not a fan of carpet season
I know that feeling. Bring on the summer asphalt! Carpet
Owen RaCing is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 09:03 AM
  #1332  
Tech Regular
 
steveonamission's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 349
Default

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
I know that feeling. Bring on the summer asphalt! Carpet
Haha summer asphalt? We dont have that here, its just asphalt
steveonamission is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 AM
  #1333  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by steveonamission
Haha summer asphalt? We dont have that here, its just asphalt
Well asphalt hits in the summer. So thats what I call it. Summer Asphalt.
Owen RaCing is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 AM
  #1334  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Well asphalt hits in the summer. So thats what I call it. Summer Asphalt.
Haha we run asphalt all season!

I can't wait till summer!
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 10:04 AM
  #1335  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (37)
 
abailey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 5,410
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Haha we run asphalt all season!

I can't wait till summer!
I can't wait till i get that call after you "race" with a car broken in half cause you cant drive
abailey21 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.