Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Old 11-30-2009, 07:26 PM
  #1021  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer x 1 View Post
hey guys im curious about this car, and i was wondering if you think that this would be a good car for 13.5 on high bite asphalt? also does this kit require anything more than what comes in the box or just fine tuning? thanks in advance. much appreciated!
I just run HPI silver springs. everything else is stock.

Ive been going back and fourth from the short and long arms. They all work good IMO.
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 12:44 PM
  #1022  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Kenny L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,269
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jdm19turn View Post
where can I buy some of the new camber plates Kenny uses on his setups so I can try some his setups on carpet


Thanxs Joey

Joey,
From what I understand they'll be available from Schumacher USA in the next batch of parts coming in. I'm really liking the 0 -2 offset plates. I will also repost a revised setup sheet later tonight or tomorrow.
Kenny L is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 01:23 PM
  #1023  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
seaball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,304
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
I'm really liking the 0 -2 offset plates. I will also repost a revised setup sheet later tonight or tomorrow.
as joelv pointed out, you guys are using the outter hole on the rear hubs. what was the thought here? minimal camber gain? just curious, as i didn't even notice that until i was reading joel's recommendation for duplicating the setup w/o the new plates.

will you guys be running at mimi's for the negs race next weekend? i would love to drive one of your rubber cars for a few laps ...

- c -
seaball is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 01:50 PM
  #1024  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 237
Default

Just built my first Schumacher Mi4LP, very high quality car. Can't wait to see how it goes on the track. Coming from running Xray's there's a few things done differently on the Mi4 some seem better, some seem a little more fiddly. A lot of 3mm lock nuts The Lipo mounting system is absolutely awesome, great to see a mfgr who actually put more than 5 mins thought into it.

The car looks great, first drive is tonite.
gameover is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 11:48 AM
  #1025  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 541
Default

hey guys, when using Kenny's setup, are you using the 3mm top deck? are you also using the stock rear hub carriers, or the alum ones? all i have is 1-(one) 1 notch camber plate, and a 2 notch camber plate. should i order another 1 notch camber plate, and just use that?

thanks in advance
rich
gdcopbdcop is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 11:58 AM
  #1026  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Kenny L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,269
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
hey guys, when using Kenny's setup, are you using the 3mm top deck? are you also using the stock rear hub carriers, or the alum ones? all i have is 1-(one) 1 notch camber plate, and a 2 notch camber plate. should i order another 1 notch camber plate, and just use that?

thanks in advance
rich
Yes run the 3mm topdeck but I would order the new plates soon as they come in which shouldnt be to long.Or as joel said try 1 groove plate with inner hole in hub. I use stock rear hubs.
Kenny L is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 12:11 PM
  #1027  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone ran the LP chassis yet? Is it worth the upgrade from the normal mi4 chassis? I mean faster lap times, more consistent car etc. Not just for balancing?
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 12:22 PM
  #1028  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,534
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by seaball View Post
as joelv pointed out, you guys are using the outter hole on the rear hubs. what was the thought here? minimal camber gain? just curious, as i didn't even notice that until i was reading joel's recommendation for duplicating the setup w/o the new plates.

will you guys be running at mimi's for the negs race next weekend? i would love to drive one of your rubber cars for a few laps ...

- c -
i got T-boned and stripped the inner hole, so i moved to the outter hole, it seemed better so i left it, yea i know, pretty lame reason, but its mine.
skypilot is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 12:23 PM
  #1029  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
seaball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,304
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Has anyone ran the LP chassis yet? Is it worth the upgrade from the normal mi4 chassis? I mean faster lap times, more consistent car etc. Not just for balancing?
unless you need to get down to 1350g, the standard mi4 chassis should work fine. you won't need the cells kicked out if you're able to use some ballast in the existing cell cutouts.

i'm debating the switch, myself, but the narrow chassis just looks the biz. as far as i know, it's just a balance issue for the new (efra??) rules.
seaball is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 12:39 PM
  #1030  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by seaball View Post
unless you need to get down to 1350g, the standard mi4 chassis should work fine. you won't need the cells kicked out if you're able to use some ballast in the existing cell cutouts.

i'm debating the switch, myself, but the narrow chassis just looks the biz. as far as i know, it's just a balance issue for the new (efra??) rules.
My car balances out fine at min weight. But they say the thinner chassis wont rub the ground mid corner and want to loose traction. And I have had that problem here and there. Not much, but sometimes when I start driving like a mad man
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 12:44 PM
  #1031  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
seaball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,304
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

indoors, my car has run best when the chassis has about 1/2" of goo laid down the two sides ... i usually bevel the sides as well, knowing they will likely hit the track ...

but maybe the tongues that catch the droop screws are narrowed as well, and that's the issue. and asphalt is a different animal ...
seaball is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 03:15 PM
  #1032  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Kenny L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,269
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Kenny L is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 08:20 PM
  #1033  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
The Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,451
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

This setup makes every rubber car drive I've had before seem like driving a mini cooper.


Anyone who likes a foam sedan drive will love this setup.
The Bear is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 08:30 PM
  #1034  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by seaball View Post
indoors, my car has run best when the chassis has about 1/2" of goo laid down the two sides ... i usually bevel the sides as well, knowing they will likely hit the track ...

but maybe the tongues that catch the droop screws are narrowed as well, and that's the issue. and asphalt is a different animal ...
Yeah I just beveled the sides of my chassis down today, that should help if it is rubbing bad. I think I will wait on the LP chassis. Probably when my current one is worn out
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 12-03-2009, 04:47 AM
  #1035  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 23
Default

Adam,
any word on when the next batch of Mi4's will be ready?
Rob S is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.