Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Old 02-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattW
Not sure who posted about differences between LP and CX.
That was me, and I was wrong. I went back to see where I got that from, and it was a difference in setup that someone was referring to, not a difference in the actual bulkheads.

-Mike
Old 02-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GSM Storm
Well the car is ready for it's first hit out on the weekend.

Regards
Gary
What's that thing on top of the top deck?

-Mike

Originally Posted by olhipster1
i would imagine the CXL is lighter
since they reduced the amount of metal in the bulkheads as well as probably needing the optional alloy mounts..
my CX fully stocked came in at 1390
10 grams over...but i have a lot of wire on it. and no TI screws or alum installed yet.

let's cross our fingers and hope it's lighter.
The long top deck conversion on my LP added 13g. That was without trimming the bulkheads, though. The LP bulkheads are beefy and heavy, so it wouldn't surprise me if trimming them got that 13g back. The CX bulkheads are lighter, though. The CXL bulkheads look like trimmed CX bulkheads. So with the addition of the long top deck, I'd be surprised if the CXL is appreciably lighter than the CX. But anything is possible, I guess.

I never did find out how much lighter the CX is than the LP.

-Mike
Old 02-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

I think as Grippa has suggested, the weight of the CXl and CX are likely to be similar. There is probably a few odd grams in it, but I'm not sure which way.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
What's that thing on top of the top deck?

-Mike

The long top deck conversion on my LP added 13g. That was without trimming the bulkheads, though. The LP bulkheads are beefy and heavy, so it wouldn't surprise me if trimming them got that 13g back. The CX bulkheads are lighter, though. The CXL bulkheads look like trimmed CX bulkheads. So with the addition of the long top deck, I'd be surprised if the CXL is appreciably lighter than the CX. But anything is possible, I guess.

I never did find out how much lighter the CX is than the LP.

-Mike
Hi Mike
The thing on the top deck is the capacitor rack for the GM-120 speedy, the wires were too short to put it any were else.

Regards
Gary
Old 02-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default CXL

CXL
i have to say the CXL is quite a nice ride...
first impression..
flex left to right is very even..
the new chassis adds a few options...
primary the battery placement is a very nice option to have...forward about 2mm..
sway bar setup is very nice...i like very much...
keep in mind if you want to use the low mount sway bars, you still can...all holes are still there.
alum pulley it a very nice addition.
different turnbuckle links...looks quite stronger.

as mentioned before...the bulkheads have been lightened, cut off the top deck mounts where no longer needed...that should save on quite a bit of weight.
i do like the new rear shock tower, quite a bit more tuning options now.
should be able to take the edge off the car now. Will see next weekend.

the kit comes with two plastic outdrive option...grey and black...it think the greys are a softer material...blacks are harder. i wasn't aware this was coming in the kit. very nice.
the T6 sleeve is still there...and I for one am glad. very nice outdrive system. Easy on the pocket and quite durable.

The car is just freakin' gorgeous.

Good job Shumacher....let's see what it starts doing on the rubbers.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

CXL
i have to say the CXL is quite a nice ride...
first impression..
flex left to right is very even..
the new chassis adds a few options...
primary the battery placement is a very nice option to have...forward about 2mm..
sway bar setup is very nice...i like very much...
keep in mind if you want to use the low mount sway bars, you still can...all holes are still there.
alum pulley it a very nice addition.
different turnbuckle links...looks quite stronger.

as mentioned before...the bulkheads have been lightened, cut off the top deck mounts where no longer needed...that should save on quite a bit of weight.
i do like the new rear shock tower, quite a bit more tuning options now.
should be able to take the edge off the car now. Will see next weekend.

the kit comes with two plastic outdrive option...grey and black...it think the greys are a softer material...blacks are harder. i wasn't aware this was coming in the kit. very nice.
the T6 sleeve is still there...and I for one am glad. very nice outdrive system. Easy on the pocket and quite durable.

The car is just freakin' gorgeous.

Good job Shumacher....let's see what it starts doing on the rubbers.
Pics or it didn't happen!

-Mike
Old 02-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Pics or it didn't happen!

-Mike
not sure what "it didn't happen!"?

maybe pics tomorrow...i'm working long hours for the few next days.
when i get a chance, i will take a few shots....not sure how I want to change the electronics around.

can someone tell me what lbs the light blue springs are? CXL came with LBlue front and White in the rears.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

not sure what "it didn't happen!"?
"Pics or it didn't happen" is common on some forums as a way of saying "post some pics". There's also TTIWWOP (this thread is worthless without pics). Apparently not so common on this forum, though.

can someone tell me what lbs the light blue springs are? CXL came with LBlue front and White in the rears.
Light blue are supposed to be 16lb, and white are supposed to be 14lb. I've been told Schui springs run stiff, though, and comparing whites vs. HPI Pinks I'd believe that. Also, make sure the lengths are even, as I haven't had good luck with consistent spring lengths on the Schui springs.

-Mike
Old 02-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default a few pics

I didn't think of measuring the springs....but actually usually drop in HPI spring on most cars. Best price for a full set.

i didn't notice before the new soft weave chassis has cutout under the pulleys....
the chassis feels stiffer overall than the CX.
Note: a Servo saver will probably a must now...look at the amount of metal holding the steering assembly. very nice..and light..

quick question...is the Schui servo saver worth assembling? or just go with another....i can't put this thing together to save my life.

Last edited by olhipster1; 02-07-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

sorry for not posting for so long. Busy writing exams. Luckily it's my very last one in about an hour.
Bachelor of engineering afterwards whoop whoop :-)

Originally Posted by GSM Storm
The bulkhead, threads are .5mm lower, plastic mounts are the same

Regards
Gary
correct

Originally Posted by mesa80
so on the cxl how are you supsto change arm angels ??? you cant without the blocks correct so i assume they still have their benifits or is running dive or squat not benifical enought to even consider blocks
you don't. If you have a look at my setup sheets, I have and still do, always run the pivot pins in exactly the same hight. And that's the kit-height now on CXL. dropping or raising them is pretty much pointless unless your track is very different to regular conditions.
I used to run anti-dive in the front but with tires constantly changing I think it's ok to run the front wishbones level now.

Originally Posted by Drwonder
Hi Martin

Is it any particular reason wy the swaybars on your car differ from that of the original on Schumacher site, regarding attachment and ballends ?
painted black. I have used the HPI swaybar linkages on the CX already. It makes setting the sway bar much easier as during racing it will always bend slightly out of shape and not be entirely level. with the vertical ball stud it's very easy to correct the link-lengthes so the sway bar effect is the same left and right.
Please don't misjudge that! a sway bar is only good when it acts the same left and right and you would be very very surprised how big the difference actually is between a 100% correct sway bar and one that has been thrown into the car with no effort.

Originally Posted by defcone
Thanks for the pics, car looking very nice as usual. How come you can solder the motor wires like that? Aren't the A and C poles swapped around?
It's a speed controller in testing I made myself to try some ideas. So far the results are very good as I'm able to run a mod-motor indoors with no fan on the heatsink. As you might see from the pictures, the footprint = genius 75!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

a few pics....probably won't get to mount the electronics again until Wed. Too much freakin work piled up.

I didn't think of measuring the springs....but actually usually drop in HPI spring on most cars. Best price for a full set.

i didn't notice before the new soft weave chassis has cutout under the pulleys....
the chassis feels stiffer overall than the CX.
Note: a Servo saver will probably a must now...look at the amount of metal holding the steering assembly. very nice..and light..

quick question...is the Schui servo saver worth assembling? or just go with another....i can't put this thing together to save my life.
You should probably get all your turnbuckles flipped the same way.

I'm wondering why they still have so many bends in the front swaybar. Seems unnecessary with the new layout.

I picked up a couple Yokomo SD200-H servo savers while I was in Hong Kong. I haven't installed it in the car yet, but it looks like it'll work well. That being said, with the new upper deck being higher, a Kimbrough or Xray will probably fit without a problem.

-Mike
Old 02-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

You should probably get all your turnbuckles flipped the same way.

I'm wondering why they still have so many bends in the front swaybar. Seems unnecessary with the new layout.

I picked up a couple Yokomo SD200-H servo savers while I was in Hong Kong. I haven't installed it in the car yet, but it looks like it'll work well. That being said, with the new upper deck being higher, a Kimbrough or Xray will probably fit without a problem.

-Mike
turnbuckle direction doesn't make a difference at the end of the day. as long as they are the same length it's good to go.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Got to see a few of these cars at the local track on Sunday. Very nice.

They were all running them for first time with one being built.

Biggest thing that we noticed was that the car was very unbalanced with a standard lipo(orion pack). Once that was sorted the car seemed very good. The other thing is that the front suspension is very light compared to the back with box stock setup. Seems strange... springs and oil changes seemed to fix that.

One car ran in 17.5 boosted and other ran in Blinky.

I know a few more want to get them after taking a look... one other thing was zero breakage.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TheZoof
Got to see a few of these cars at the local track on Sunday. Very nice.

They were all running them for first time with one being built.

Biggest thing that we noticed was that the car was very unbalanced with a standard lipo(orion pack). Once that was sorted the car seemed very good. The other thing is that the front suspension is very light compared to the back with box stock setup. Seems strange... springs and oil changes seemed to fix that.

One car ran in 17.5 boosted and other ran in Blinky.

I know a few more want to get them after taking a look... one other thing was zero breakage.
did they go to thicker oil and springs front and rear?

what were the lap times compared to the 4-cxl?

rich
Old 02-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What is the best glue for the lipo tabs? Brand?
is there a super strong lipo brace.....?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.