Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Old 10-10-2011, 08:33 AM
  #3076  
Tech Regular
 
getpip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 369
Default

Originally Posted by LOSI123 View Post
if putting a spec r gear diff in the rear of a mi4lp do they fit with the standard drive shafts and blades??
Yes.
You will need the outdrive inserts from a CX into which the LP blades will fit perfectly.

Fitted to my LP here... SpecR diff
getpip is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:18 AM
  #3077  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
poochy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,477
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

hey does anybody have the 1.4 transmission links they maybe would like to sell?
poochy is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:09 AM
  #3078  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (82)
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 4,077
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

thought i would let all of you know i got my mi4lp forsale in the forsale section.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...4-lp-sale.html
jeff jenkins is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 05:28 PM
  #3079  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins View Post
thought i would let all of you know i got my mi4lp forsale in the forsale section.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...4-lp-sale.html
Better idea: Put a 17.5 in it, and quit wasting time with those pan cars.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
  #3080  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (63)
 
LOSI123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Gold Coast-Australia
Posts: 2,617
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default

Got all those parts coming guys, thanks

another ? tho


can a mi4lp be balanced left to right and be at 1350grams with a standard 300gram lipo
LOSI123 is offline  
Old 10-12-2011, 12:41 AM
  #3081  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

What's the trick to get the outdrive 'sleeve' o-rings seated properly? I have been putting the o-ring on the outdrive and sliding the 'sleeve' up to it as far as it will go, than pushing the o-ring into place with a flat-headed screwdriver. It's hard to tell if they are seated properly though. Seating them in the 'sleeve' first proved impossible for me.

I love this car. I prepped it last night for this weekends race, took about 20mins It's so easy to work on this car. So far the only issue I've had is the circlip popping out of it's slot on my first run which damaged the slot. Probably my fault though but no worries my SpecR diff is going in this weekend. Aside from that I haven't had any issues or broken anything in five meets.

Hopefully Schumacher get back into Pan Cars
BrodieMan is offline  
Old 10-12-2011, 06:21 AM
  #3082  
Tech Regular
 
getpip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 369
Default

Originally Posted by BrodieMan View Post
What's the trick to get the outdrive 'sleeve' o-rings seated properly? I have been putting the o-ring on the outdrive and sliding the 'sleeve' up to it as far as it will go, than pushing the o-ring into place with a flat-headed screwdriver. It's hard to tell if they are seated properly though. Seating them in the 'sleeve' first proved impossible for me.
I leave the oring in the groove on the outdrive and then just slide on the sleeve until I feel a slight 'click' when it pops into place.
Make sure you are fitting the sliders with the arrow pointing inwards or they will not seat.
getpip is offline  
Old 10-12-2011, 11:47 AM
  #3083  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Thanks getpip

I didn't want to force it on too hard and possibly wreak the o-ring.
BrodieMan is offline  
Old 10-12-2011, 11:58 AM
  #3084  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LOSI123 View Post
Got all those parts coming guys, thanks

another ? tho


can a mi4lp be balanced left to right and be at 1350grams with a standard 300gram lipo

It'd be a bit tricky, but is probably possible.

According to our club scale, my LP, with Spec-R diffs front and rear, and CX driveshafts, Tekin RS, Duo 3, Futaba BLS551, Gens Ace 40c/5000, LW body, came in at 1365. It was very close to perfectly balanced (I don't sweat it that much, I mostly care about tweak / corner weights).

I'm not sure how you'll get down to 1350 with a 300g battery. The Gens ace is in the neighborhood of 285. Assuming you can get the weight down, you can move the motor outward to a certain degree to balance the battery. If you set up the drivetrain to put the belt toward the electronics, you can probably move the battery in, but probably won't be able to use the stock Lipo fence, and you'll have to figure out how to secure it.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 10-12-2011, 12:02 PM
  #3085  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by getpip View Post
I leave the oring in the groove on the outdrive and then just slide on the sleeve until I feel a slight 'click' when it pops into place.
Make sure you are fitting the sliders with the arrow pointing inwards or they will not seat.
I haven't had success doing that. It never seems to seat well for me.

I put the o-ring in the slider first. However, in order to make this technique work nicely, you need to take some rough sandpaper or a file, and knock the sharp corners off the outdrive. The Spec-R diffs have very sharp corners. I don't remember how sharp the corners were on the ball diff and spool, since I barely used them before switching to gear diffs. Then it becomes much easier to slip the outdrive into the slider through the o-ring without fouling the o-ring.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 PM
  #3086  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 256
Default

what wight you have one your mi4cx?

i have tp steering, nosram esc and motor, hitec servo, desirepower battery,
pf mazda 6 shell and go in 1444 g
Zooberg is offline  
Old 10-12-2011, 01:48 PM
  #3087  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
poochy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,477
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BrodieMan View Post
So far the only issue I've had is the circlip popping out of it's slot on my first run which damaged the slot. Probably my fault though but no worries my SpecR diff is going in this weekend.
check the chris granger youtube video about the diff, he talks about the circlip going in with the flat side up.
poochy is offline  
Old 10-12-2011, 01:55 PM
  #3088  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
poochy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,477
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Zooberg View Post
what wight you have one your mi4cx?

i have tp steering, nosram esc and motor, hitec servo, desirepower battery,
pf mazda 6 shell and go in 1444 g
i have the identical high/medium traction tarmac setup on.

spec R gear diff, tekin rs pro (wires shortened), speed passion MMM, savox 1251mg (low profile), thunder power 5300 65c with 4 battery tabs, ltc-r regular weight (pre shoe goo'd wear it normally cracks,also with schumacher stickers/headlight stickers on), tires were sweep32s, no battery brace

1383
poochy is offline  
Old 10-12-2011, 02:22 PM
  #3089  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: N.Ireland
Posts: 42
Default

Mi4CX with the following: all wires shortened, all Ti (apart from inner pins), Alloy rear driveshafts, Twin point Steering, Ceramic bearings, Gear diff, Savox lp servo, Ko 40mhz, SP gtpro, SP 5400, Sp10.5mmm motor, Sorex 28jb's, and standard body. 1335g on my scales(club scales 1351g) inc 20g on the battery side for perfect balance.
MarkMcC is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 12:24 AM
  #3090  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

My car weighs in at 1480g with a 310 gram lipo and all the good stuff ill be VTA legal at 1500g with the new top deck conversion i reckon
Benzaah is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.