Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattW
Strongest driveshafts for the Mi4 are the steel kit ones in the Mi4 CX kit. To run these properly you also need the CX spool / diff.
They also work with gear diffs. But if you buy the gear diffs from someone other than schumacher, you'll also have to get slider rings and slider inserts.

-Mike
Old 07-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSM Storm
Done all of the above, they just won't hold up on the track we run on, High speed and hard braking, our fdr is 9.0:1 with boost at 32 and turbo at 22 using a SP2.0 speedy, the track has very good grip.

As for the belts we have been running ones from tough racing, getting about 8 to 10 runs on them, we were only getting 2 or 3 on the original black one, I have also made a jig to cut down a HPI gas car belt, they are 5mm wide, looks very strong, it has had 3 runs on it and still looks like new.

Regards
Gary
I too run on a big track with good grip. Did u try zero shims on the outside with .3 total on each end on the inside? Just using one gasket? I have that hpi belt on order.please post jig pics.

Would the rear belt last longer with mod if there was a large hole undetneath the pulley?
Old 07-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by poochy
I too run on a big track with good grip. Did u try zero shims on the outside with .3 total on each end on the inside? Just using one gasket? I have that hpi belt on order.please post jig pics.
When I ran shims on the outside it flogged out the pin slot, I don't use shims on the outside now, I use .3 on one side and .2 on the other, if I go to .3 on each side the mesh is too tight and very rough to turn.

As for the jig You will need a lathe to make it, I turned down a bar so the belt would slide on tight up to a stop, then a ring that slides over the belt that is the correct thickness, the ring gives you a nice flat edge to use a sharp knife blade to trim the belt, leaving a nice clean edge.

give me your email address and I can send you a drawing of the jig.

Regards
Gary
Old 07-26-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by grippgoat
They also work with gear diffs. But if you buy the gear diffs from someone other than schumacher, you'll also have to get slider rings and slider inserts.

-Mike
How do you buy from Schumacher?

PS: i was the first guy to buy an SST when everyone was running RS4's, but that was last mellenium
Old 07-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

You give them money, they send you parts.

The web site is also a on line store.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skypilot
You give them money, they send you parts.

The web site is also a on line store.
was kinda thinking a web address and some part numbers would follow cause you guys are so nice
Old 07-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Glad to see Schumacher info still flows. Just bought a used MI4LP and looking forward to being part of the Schuie family again. Loved My Mission, MI2 and MI3.5. I'm sure to get alot of good help from the thread.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sterling Racer
How do you buy from Schumacher?

PS: i was the first guy to buy an SST when everyone was running RS4's, but that was last mellenium
Thought I might offer a suggestion since we're both in parts buying mode. Buying from Schumacher is pretty easy but even they will suggest you consider buying from a US dealer if possible. A Main Hobbies and Stormer Hobbies are probably the biggest Schumacher stocking dealers. A Main is my favorite so far, primarily because they accept Paypal and they offer a variety of shipping options. Their stock seems to be pretty darned good also. Both are available by phone and have been very helpful.
Hope that helps a bit.
Here's some links:
http://www.racing-cars.com/
http://www.amainhobbies.com/
http://www.stormerhobbies.com/

I think this page from Schumacher will help with those MI4CX axles and spool part numbers
http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/catego...nsmission.html
Old 07-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Default parts

thanks EVO
Old 07-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MattW
Strongest driveshafts for the Mi4 are the steel kit ones in the Mi4 CX kit. To run these properly you also need the CX spool / diff.
Looks like you are out of stock on the front axels/shafts. U3823

will they be back in stock soon?

I do not see a gear diff on your site, do you sell them?

are you recomanding the U3835 (compl spool) for the Mi4-LP?

thanks again
Old 07-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sterling Racer
Looks like you are out of stock on the front axels/shafts. U3823

will they be back in stock soon?

I do not see a gear diff on your site, do you sell them?

are you recomanding the U3835 (compl spool) for the Mi4-LP?

thanks again
I'll answer gear diff question - http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Manufa...ec_R/G868.html

U3835 is only front axle. I can only recommend Mi4CX driveshafts and front spool. They seem to produce less chatter and more steering.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Actually, I think www.amainhobbies.com has the Schumacher-packaged Spec-R gear diff. Not sure if it's in stock.

Shipping from UK is a bit expensive, but there's some parts that just don't seem to be stocked in the US (like the slider inserts and other CX-specific parts), and some parts (like plastic pivot blocks) are also much cheaper when bought directly from them compared to A-Main. So it can be worthwhile if you're ordering enough.

-Mike
Old 07-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Sterling, I'm only a racer, so I don't know what the factory has in stock, or what is available when.

It isn't possible to just change parts of the driveshaft, the CX items are completely different so i'm afraid you'd need to change the spool, and the complete drivehsaft,
Old 07-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike thanks, I'm used to link directly to Schumacher site
Amain really have them in stock
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-Differential
Old 07-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Default spool and axels

thanks for the Info gentlmen

MattW

Sorry, I saw your Schumacher UK sig and thought you were speakin for the company. Much help, thanks again.

Anyone know Christopher Ritchie? I raced him in France at the HPI worlds and he was a cool kid. Wonder if he's running a schuey yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.