Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Rear Belt

Anyone running a non Schumacher rear belt on there car, we are striping/breaking quite a few of them running mod, my son has a heavy trigger finger , size 60T x 180mm, 3.6mm wide.

Regards
Gary
Old 05-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (98%+)

Originally Posted by GSM Storm
We used to get the mark on the front side of the rear arms running stock, with a soft setup, not getting now with mod, heaver oil now, you could try raising the inside of the arms, as you are running the alloy hinge pin blocks.

Regards
Gary
Thanks Gary, I'll try your suggestion.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Anyone running a non Schumacher rear belt on there car, we are striping/breaking quite a few of them running mod, my son has a heavy trigger finger , size 60T x 180mm, 3.6mm wide.

Regards
Gary
Gary,

Have you tried an Xray rear belt at all p/no 305444 61t, 183mm

If you want to give one a go, I can post one up to you to try, just PM me
Old 05-03-2011, 02:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good news for MI4 owners, too bad its a Spec R though.
Im sure schuie could come up with a very nice gear diff if they tried.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi4-spec-r-mi4.jpg  
Old 05-03-2011, 03:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6Venom
Ran a search but couldn't find anything.

I noticed a groove in all of the arms (front and rear) that appears to be caused by the wheels. I guess they are compressing under load but it looks like someone took a dremel and started cutting the arms. If this keeps up, they're going to snap. I also imagine it's really slowing down corner speed.

Has anyone run into this? Why is this happening and what's a fix? I run on asphalt with medium flex arms, neg 2 camber all around, RP36's or CS27's for rubber.

Thanks for the help!
Hey there. The grooving is pretty normal. Nothing much to stress about. It was happening on the Mi4 to the CX. If the rims are flexible, it will rub, but once the groove has been cut into the arm, it will not go further. I am using the Schumacher Rev-Lite rims, and they have a bigger inside diameter and they clear the arms fine. Also, if its that bad, try the CF arms as they flex a lot less.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Regards
Gary
Hi Gary,

I have been chewing through rear belts a fair bit too running Mod. They used to last about 6-8 runs. Check to see if the front/rear of the car is skipping under heavy acceleration as this will cause premature wear, and anther thing to check is the center pulley if the teeth are worn. I usually replace the belt and the center pulley at the same time. I am thinking of trying out the Stock Belt (GREY) as it is a lot more pliable and should wrap around the pulley and teeth better. Once of the local racers running stock has had his rear belt since mid last year, and the condition of it is almost like new. Mind you, he is still running the earlier white center pulley as well.

In the meantime, just keep an eye out on the rear belt tension. Tighten it if needed. After about 4-5 runs, I am on the tightest setting on the eccentrics, and the belt usually lets go 2-4 runs after that.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Hey there. The grooving is pretty normal. Nothing much to stress about. It was happening on the Mi4 to the CX. If the rims are flexible, it will rub, but once the groove has been cut into the arm, it will not go further. I am using the Schumacher Rev-Lite rims, and they have a bigger inside diameter and they clear the arms fine. Also, if its that bad, try the CF arms as they flex a lot less.
Thanks for the info.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 6Venom
Here are a couple of the rear. You can see the cut into both the front and rear side of the arm. The fronts have the same cut but only on the front side. Thanks again.
Have just noticed that on mine
Appears that the wheel touches when suspension is compressed
Old 05-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NiMo
Have just noticed that on mine
Appears that the wheel touches when suspension is compressed
Finding that on mine really surprised me. Considering the amount it rubs, I would imagine corner speed is taking a hit. I just never noticed it before.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

I usually dremel mine out using the old ones as a template...
Old 05-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Woohoo! that willl make another tick
Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
theres no news like old news
Old 05-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Hi Gary,

I have been chewing through rear belts a fair bit too running Mod. They used to last about 6-8 runs. Check to see if the front/rear of the car is skipping under heavy acceleration as this will cause premature wear, and anther thing to check is the center pulley if the teeth are worn. I usually replace the belt and the center pulley at the same time. I am thinking of trying out the Stock Belt (GREY) as it is a lot more pliable and should wrap around the pulley and teeth better. Once of the local racers running stock has had his rear belt since mid last year, and the condition of it is almost like new. Mind you, he is still running the earlier white center pulley as well.

In the meantime, just keep an eye out on the rear belt tension. Tighten it if needed. After about 4-5 runs, I am on the tightest setting on the eccentrics, and the belt usually lets go 2-4 runs after that.
anyone else finding the CX centre pulley seems to be softer than the white version?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lethallee69
anyone else finding the CX centre pulley seems to be softer than the white version?
Yes... most definately. I think that is what causes most of the wear on the belt IMO. I have 1 white one that was painted black (can see it on the inside of hte threaded holes where the spur bolts on) and that hasn't worn as much as the all-black ones.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lethallee69
+ 1 here..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.